Outdoors
Sponsored by

From the stand!

180,991 Views | 1295 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jpb1999
Lungblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I ain't got no blood in my veins, I just got them 4 lanes of hard ass.... Amarillo Highway.
Chickenhawk
Nothing tonight. I knew it would be a crapshoot, tho.

Latest intel has them showing up at 7am and hanging around til 9.
Pignorant
AG
Saw the same six doe from this morning.

Shot at a hog that was in a hurry.

Hunting in Van Zandt County.
Lungblood
Hittin the trail.
Chickenhawk
Been in for an hour. Sun comes up in 7 mins.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Sean98
AG
If I could have 1 wish right now and it was my choice between a passionate weekend with Kate Beckinsale, OR the immediate death of all crows in Shawnee County, I'm honestly not sure which I would choose at this moment.

3 coyotes right at daybreak and now 1,000,000 crows that are keeping me from identifying all the little leaf crunches and other noises that I'm straining to hear.
Chickenhawk
Sean98 said:

If I could have 1 wish right now and it was my choice between a passionate weekend with Kate Beckinsale, OR the immediate death of all crows in Shawnee County, I'm honestly not sure which I would choose at this moment.

3 coyotes right at daybreak and now 1,000,000 crows that are keeping me from identifying all the little leaf crunches and other noises that I'm straining to hear.

Have battled this too with squirrels. Unfortunately one universal truth prevails...identifying those leaf crunches is moot if it doesn't walk in to your LOS.
ursusguy
AG
Just take a nap until the crunches are loud enough to wake you up.
GatorAg03
AG
Lots of activity in Missouri. 4 does and two bucks so far. Havent seen any chasing yet though. Just let a nice 8 point walk as he didn't strike me as old. He had great length but needs to add some mass. Was close but not quite a wall hanger. Really hope my neighbors feel the same. Kind of second guessing myself, but have to go with 1st impressions I guess. On public land, that would have been a dead deer fo me.
Sean98
AG
Extremely dead for me this morning. Really disappointing. Don't know if those coyotes busted everything or if we're in lock down. Either way, on our coldest morning of the year this is a kick in the nuts.
GatorAg03
AG
A kick in the nuts is hearing a shot on the neighbors place in the direction of the buck I just let walk that was the biggest I had seen but that needed another year or two.....uggh
powerbelly
AG
GatorAg03 said:

A kick in the nuts is hearing a shot on the neighbors place in the direction of the buck I just let walk that was the biggest I had seen but that needed another year or two.....uggh

Still the right call
Chickenhawk
Yup. I'm pissed. Deer showing up like clockwork at 7am and staying til 9 am the past few days. Got in this morning, nothing. Hell, on the drive in about 5:45 saw a buck with a stupid look on his face crossing the road about a half mile from where I hunt...
GatorAg03
AG
Rut is on. Just saw what looked like a nice 8 chasing tail. That poor doe was doing here dangdest to get away. They ran way too fast a couple hundred yards behind me, so I couldn't get a good look.
Sean98
AG
Nice young 9 and a small 6 in the last 10 minutes
Furlock Bones
AG
Had a 4:5 year old 8 with a kicker. Fought a younger 8 and ran him off.
Chickenhawk
Solunar table says major from 10:49 to 12:49. We'll see.
agsalaska
AG
So I change my mind on work last night and decided to get up at 4 and go to the farm. Of course I get up at 5:47 after sleeping thru my alarm. Haul ass put here and park my truck behind some trees and walk to my blind in the sun at 7:40. I saw zero deer in the fields on the way here which would be a bad sign. At 7:55 I shoot the biggest 8 and second biggest deer we have seen on camera this year. He was smelling his way thru the pasture, got to where I walked across it, smelled my scent and ran maybe 50 yards. Then he slowed down and turned broadside right at the tree line.

This **** is easy sometimes.
DDSO
AG
Pics!!!
AgEng06
AG
Nice work. Sometimes things just go your way...
Sean98
AG
Another little 6 cruising the bedding area. They seem to be getting smaller, not bigger.
Sean98
AG
My buck from earlier....
Chickenhawk
Nice, sean.
Chickenhawk
Alright. Since the deer don't want to come to me, I'm going after them.

Came home for lunch, had deer burgers. Gonna fire up the smoker, put a couple racks of ribs and a whole bird on, then I'm gonna go back out and still hunt the afternoon .
Furlock Bones
AG
Really looking for a 5-5-6.5 year old deer. Come on.
Furlock Bones
AG
Chickenhawk
Squirrels are about to start dying...
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
agsalaska
AG
Don't post pics but he had an 18 inch inside spread and weighed 175 pounds gross. Boned him out to 61pounds of meat.
Log
AG
Forgot to take my camera cards with me when I went out this morning. Didn't see squat. So I went back this evening to put the cards in. I couldn't drive to a couple of my cameras, since the branch crossing was too muddy. Got to the first one that is up the hill from another camera that is on a major fence crossing (for everything; deer, hogs, bobcats, coons, coyotes, etc.), I saw hogs crossing the field toward the other camera. No shot was possible, so I finished up on the first camera and walked down to the other one. When I got there, I heard noise and saw brush moving across the fence. There was a small rise with a dip behind it, and all of the hogs were within 30 yards of me. I eased up, and finally found one in my scope (it isn't that easy at close range, even at 4x power). Pulled the trigger. Hogs running everywhere. Find another one in the scope. BANG! Find another. BANG.

Probably 20-30 in that group. Don't know If I hit a 3rd, since they all disappeared into thick brush afterwards.
DDSO
DDSO
Sean98
AG
You should get you one of them EBRs with open sights and you wouldn't have that scope problem.
GatorAg03
AG
Switched stands to give the river bottom a rest. Nice young 8 pt just came through. Limping a bit, hopefully from fighting, didn't appear shot. Nice chilly morning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.