How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

46,151 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vaccinated and got my booster last week, haven't had it. Not eating out much but that's due to a 6 month old, went to most of the Austin FC home games and been to the movies several times recently.
Yellerjacket
No idea if I've had it. Never been tested. If I did have it, it didn't make me very sick.
bqce
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Have not had it. None of us (husband, daughter, self) are vaccinated. We have worn masks when required, such as on airplanes, but that's it. Don't really socially distance, have no changed lifestyle. We have been to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland since this started. Have also traveled to Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota as well as Ecuador. My daughter tested positive for the antibodies back in the spring, but never experienced any symptoms.
Somewhat my situation. Never vaxed and just tested for antibodies with negative results. Wife had Pfizer + booster. We've been flying, driving from Texas to the east coast. then west coast, Ryder Cup in Wisconsin, a resort in Puerto Rico, and dancing/drinking at various venues. I am also a proponent of prophylaxis - not obese, take Ivermectin a couple times a week, zinc, vitamins C and D, tonic water (has quinine) with fermented juniper berries.

Son and daughter-in-law got it - neither vaxed but recovered. It is a strange virus.
jopatura
AG
Well I'm not super special after all. Tested positive today after showing some symptoms. Tested because the in-laws are coming into town tomorrow and wanted to give them the go or no go.

2 OG Pfizer vaxxes in Feb & Mar, no booster, currently 31 weeks pregnant, likely Omicron based on symptoms. Scheduled for monoclonal antibodies later in the week per OB.
dubi
AG
jopatura said:

... likely Omicron based on symptoms. Scheduled for monoclonal antibodies later in the week per OB.

I think KidDoc has mentioned that the monoclonal antibodies are not very effective for Omicron.

If it is effective don't delay to later in the week: the sooner the better.
jopatura
AG
That is the absolute earliest they can get me in so far :/

I'm on a cancellation list if any pop up.
dubi
AG
Can you get in earlier here in CS? The college kids are gone and maybe you could be seen tomorrow?
KidDoc
AG
dubi said:

jopatura said:

... likely Omicron based on symptoms. Scheduled for monoclonal antibodies later in the week per OB.

I think KidDoc has mentioned that the monoclonal antibodies are not very effective for Omicron.

If it is effective don't delay to later in the week: the sooner the better.
Yup sadly, they are working on modifying it but the rate that omicron seems to spread it is going to be hard for them to keep up.

Eli Lilly and Regeneron announce new monoclonal antibody treatments are effective against Omicron - Safe Home DIY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
knoxtom
Rubble said:

knoxtom said:

No covid in our family. Wife and I vaxxed and boostered, two kids (22 and 10) vaxxed with no booster.

Living normally, going out, seeing friends from all over.

I have known (not always close, but known) 7 people who have died and many who got quite sick. All were unvaxxed. Son's teacher just missed 3 weeks with Covid, 4 classmates have tested positive. Obviously we have been exposed many times but the vaccines have worked for us.

Vaccines were not to prevent you from getting it, but to lessen the symptoms of you do. If they were meant to prevent it, why is my entire house dealing with it right now? One of my kids brought it home from daycare, and now I'm the last one to get it.

Vaccines both prevent and also lessen the severity. 4ish times less likely to get it, 10ish times less likely to die if you do get it.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Yup sadly, they are working on modifying it but the rate that omicron seems to spread it is going to be hard for them to keep up.
Is there any point it getting the infusion for Omicron?
Rubble
AG
knoxtom said:

Rubble said:

knoxtom said:

No covid in our family. Wife and I vaxxed and boostered, two kids (22 and 10) vaxxed with no booster.

I have known (not always close, but known) 7 people who have died and many who got quite sick. All were unvaxxed. Son's teacher just missed 3 weeks with Covid, 4 classmates have tested positive. Obviously we have been exposed many times but the vaccines have worked for us.

Vaccines were not to prevent you from getting it, but to lessen the symptoms of you do. If they were meant to prevent it, why is my entire house dealing with it right now? One of my kids brought it home from daycare, and now I'm the last one to get it.

Vaccines both prevent and also lessen the severity. 4ish times less likely to get it, 10ish times less likely to die if you do get it.

Well one of my 4 year olds brought it home from daycare (with very mild symptoms). All 5 of us got it because of that. My wife and I are both fully vaxxed. It didn't prevent ****, but maybe it lessened the symptoms…

Two things happened in my house the last two weeks that so many have said don't. Kids spread it and vaccinated adults caught it.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
cc_ag92 said:

Our daughter had the exact same experience in December of 2020. We really thought she had Covid until November of 2020 when she tested positive for Covid and was sick for over ten days.
Has anyone in your family given blood since then? That would tell you whether you had it or not.

You can get Covid twice. It's happened to many people including my wife. she could have had it both times (your daughter)
jopatura
AG
I will say even two shot vaccinated, this is pretty miserable. I don't think I'll die, be hospitalized, or have something go wrong with the baby but this is definitely more then "just a cold".

I don't know that I regret not getting the booster (time will tell on that), but I'm happy I had the original vaccine. I can't imagine this being worse. My whole face hurts, my teeth hurt from the sinus pressure, I can't concentrate on anything more then 10-15 minutes at a time because of the headache, and I've got a killer dry mouth. The only silver lining is that my temp is hanging out 99.5-100 so I'm not dealing with a high fever on top of this. It's more of a flu for me then just a cold.
aglaohfour
AG
I can't even count how many times my daughter and I have been tested since June 2020 thanks to the requirements of her school and various extracurriculars. We've never been positive, even following a few prolonged (multiple days) close exposures to symptomatic people who tested positive. I've been vaccinated since June 2021, she's 8 and not vaccinated. We've traveled extensively and dine out frequently. She has been going to school, music lessons, and dance/theater classes as usual since October 2020. Not sure if we're just lucky or have awesome immune systems.
Rubble
AG
aglaohfour said:

I can't even count how many times my daughter and I have been tested since June 2020 thanks to the requirements of her school and various extracurriculars. We've never been positive, even following a few prolonged (multiple days) close exposures to symptomatic people who tested positive. I've been vaccinated since June 2021, she's 8 and not vaccinated. We've traveled extensively and dine out frequently. She has been going to school, music lessons, and dance/theater classes as usual since October 2020. Not sure if we're just lucky or have awesome immune systems.

We had the same thoughts until two weeks ago. Multiple cases in my twins daycare classes and my 4th graders classes. Not one ever showed a sign of being sick. This started when one of the twins had a stomach ache. That's it. Nothing else. No one's fever has been over 100.2, ever. This is just a weird virus that politics and the human brain don't understand, and never will
AggieBiker
AG
AggieBiker said:

No one in my family has had it and I'm thankful. All of us are vaxxed and boosted. Both daughters are public school teachers and have obviously been exposed many times. Dad is 85 and gets out going to church and weekly table games with his senior friends. We do church, eat out several times each week, and get together with a group of 10 or more friends multiple times per week.

Only wear mask at doctors office and back when it was required stringently at most places, never wear them now.

All of us live in Dallas area. I have no idea if the vaccines are the reason why or if we would have all just resisted infection anyway, but the vax certainly didn't hurt any of us.

I have known many people who have had it included other family and friends with school age children. Everyone in those families got it this year but no one suffered severe symptoms. Also knew some people that got very sick that were not old and some who died. It is what it is. Rough for some, seemingly no threat for others.
Spoke too soon.

One day after I post the above, my oldest daughter tests positive. Today her son, 15 months old, seems to have it also. She is feeling much better today and her husband tested negative. Unfortunately, they have had to cancel their travel plans to his parents for Christmas since it will not be long enough for both of them to be cleared. She still can't smell dirty diapers and says she had supermom powers now.

My wife, other daughter and I all spent close time with her on Friday when she was having symptoms that she thought was allergies or due to weather changes. None of us have had any symptoms and my wife and daughter had tests this afternoon and were both negative with my wife having antibodies. I assume those are from her booster shot a couple of months ago. All things good still.
AggieBiker
AG
Rubble said:

knoxtom said:

Rubble said:

knoxtom said:

Well one of my 4 year olds brought it home from daycare (with very mild symptoms). All 5 of us got it because of that. My wife and I are both fully vaxxed. It didn't prevent ****, but maybe it lessened the symptoms…

Two things happened in my house the last two weeks that so many have said don't. Kids spread it and vaccinated adults caught it.
Same thing happened to my nephew and his wife and four kids with the oldest (10) bringing it home. It definitely happens. They were all fine too with only the 10 year old daughter having more than very mild symptoms. it took a couple of weeks to reach through the whole family.
AggieBiker
AG
jopatura said:

I will say even two shot vaccinated, this is pretty miserable. I don't think I'll die, be hospitalized, or have something go wrong with the baby but this is definitely more then "just a cold".

I don't know that I regret not getting the booster (time will tell on that), but I'm happy I had the original vaccine. I can't imagine this being worse. My whole face hurts, my teeth hurt from the sinus pressure, I can't concentrate on anything more then 10-15 minutes at a time because of the headache, and I've got a killer dry mouth. The only silver lining is that my temp is hanging out 99.5-100 so I'm not dealing with a high fever on top of this. It's more of a flu for me then just a cold.
My daughter is similar to you. Two shot vaccinated back in April and became infected last week as I posted above. Sinus, similar temps and did not feel good for about 48 hours. Doing well today but still tested positive. She did get the booster shot but only a couple of days before she became ill. The rest of us had boosters earlier and none of us have been affected so far.

Also, I don't mean to minimize your assessment but your comparison would be a very mild flu and more like sinus problems for me. As one who used to get the flu on a annual basis, my flu effects would have my body hurting from head to toe, bad head aches, running high fevers and wishing I could be dead. Sinus issues might not have even been a thing for me when I had the flu. If it was, I hurt to bad to notice. Maybe you also feel that bad but did not want to overstate things but your description sounded more mild to me than my flu experiences.

Either way, I hope you get well soon just as my daughter did and have super protection moving forward. Blessings to you.
Squadron7
AG
Double vaxxed in January, 2021.

TexasCares first and second draws both show negative on natural antibodies.

I have basically lived as though COVID does not exist since fall of '20.

I've been to lots of crowded events…concerts…weddings, etc. For the life of me I cannot figure out how I haven't run across it in the wild.
KidDoc
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Is there any point it getting the infusion for Omicron?
I think it is today as there is still a lot of Delta smoldering around. The problem is you cannot tell them apart with normal testing it has to be full sequence which only the TDH does around here. Once Omicron becomes the dominant strain then it is of very dubious benefit. I expect that to happen within a month for Texas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've gotten my booster.

I have no idea if I've had covid, but I've certainly done nothing in the last 18 months to keep from getting covid.

It's really weird. You hear people talk about all the people they've lost to covid, like dozens of people they know have died, and I only know of like 5 people that have had it and all pretty mild.
Agthatbuilds
Esteban du Plantier said:

I've gotten my booster.

I have no idea if I've had covid, but I've certainly done nothing in the last 18 months to keep from getting covid.

It's really weird. You hear people talk about all the people they've lost to covid, like dozens of people they know have died, and I only know of like 5 people that have had it and all pretty mild.

Seriously. I can count on one hand the people I personally know who got covid. I can count with zero fingers the amount of people I know who've died with/from covid. I only know one who went to the hospital and he's really really fat.

I've done nothing proactive (except the vaccine which I got for my father's sake) to shield myself from covid. I haven't missed a day of work. I've traveled. I've gone to gatherings. I dont wear a mask (not that that matters). I've gone to disaster zones to help cleanup and volunteer (involved sleeping in rooms with hundreds of people)

Yet, here I am. No covid to my knowledge. The only slight illness Ive had in the last 3 years was after the 2nd covid vaccine.

It's a weird virus
Wakesurfer817
Agthatbuilds said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

I've gotten my booster.

Seriously. I can count on one hand the people I personally know who got covid. I can count with zero fingers the amount of people I know who've died with/from covid. I only know one who went to the hospital and he's really really fat.

I've done nothing proactive (except the vaccine which I got for my father's sake) to shield myself from covid. I haven't missed a day of work. I've traveled. I've gone to gatherings. I dont wear a mask (not that that matters). I've gone to disaster zones to help cleanup and volunteer (involved sleeping in rooms with hundreds of people)

Yet, here I am. No covid to my knowledge. The only slight illness Ive had in the last 3 years was after the 2nd covid vaccine.

It's a weird virus
You know 5 people who've had Covid and one of them went to the hospital? Hopefully we'll miss each other at the blackjack table.
Agthatbuilds
I know 4 people who've actually got covid. One went to the hospital. And the one who went to the hospital is at least 3 bills and travels the country for work.
Kate Beckett
AG
Haven't had it to my knowledge. Just had a bacterial/viral infection after Bama game that a lot of people seemed to have.

Eat out, wear masks only where required, etc.
El Chupacabra
I'm one of the worst science deniers out there. No vax. No mask except when I had to (plane, work), no social distancing, attended multiple super spreader events from day one.

Been antibody tested a few times, but no luck. Was really sick mid-september when we were getting the Delta surge around here...tested 2x and anti body tested 1x...still no luck.
Imsodopey
AG
I had my booster last week. To my knowledge I have not had COVID. Had enlarged lymph glands w/fever last winter. Unknown cause. Tested negative two times.

Have thought about taking a antibody test just out of curiosity.
gunan01
AG
Gonna go ahead and jinx it by posting here, but I haven't had COVID-19. Moderna x 3.
AgsMyDude
AG
Wife (double Moderna vax) and myself (J&J) haven't gotten it to our knowledge yet. We've got 2 under 4 who bring home colds ALL the time so wouldn't be surprised if we had some cross immunity from dealing with those frequently.

Kids did get REALLY sick from RSV over the summer. Youngest was coughing so hard he was vomiting.
ShinerDunk93
AG
Wife got it J&J vaxed and got it a month later
12 y/o (unvaxed and will remain unvaxed) got it and never knew it.

Myself (vaxed) and my 11 y/o daughter (unvaxed and will remain unvaxed) have not got it. BTW the kids shared a room at the time and my wife and I did not sleep in separate rooms.

Doing Texas Cares antibody testing.
TexAgs: as long as we have each other, we will never run out of problems.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community
BadAzzBohemian
AG
Have not...until today.
Clown_World
Had it.

Whipped its @ss.

No vax.
Redassag94
AG
DadHammer said:

My wife and I and our four best friends have not caught Covid yet to our knowledge.

We are all vaccinated and working, dining out , sporting events, and vacationing like normal. Been out of country twice already this year. Having a big party Saturday. We don't go anywhere that requires masks, if it can be avoided.

Son and his wife caught Covid, they are nurses.

Nobody in our family have caught COVID. Much like you, vacationing and plenty of out and about. We have been taking Dr Revs cocktail since the beginning.
RedAssAg
Class of '94
Born & Raised in Texas, lovin Colorado!!
DadHammer
AG
We also don't know one person that has gone to the hospital or died from Covid.

But I think my sons idiot half brother exposed us to Covid Tuesday. We stayed at my sons for early Christmas. He shows up sick and doesn't tell anyone. He wasn't even supposed to be there. Idiot.

Popped a fever of 100.8 the next morning. I asked him to stay in his room until we left. He sat next to me on the couch for at least two hours.

Hitting the zinc and the docs regimen again.

corndog04
AG
Have not had it. Dad and brother both would up in hospital after it so I got vaxxed pretty early as I wasn't feeling all that confident in my genetics. No booster and no plans at the moment to get one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.