How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

46,088 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've had it - despite having the Pfizer shot. Wife and kids had it as well, they all recovered faster than i. Odd.
DadHammer
AG
Ag In Ok said:

I've had it - despite having the Pfizer shot. Wife and kids had it as well, they all recovered faster than i. Odd.

Your kids recovering faster is expected. Good to hear you are all well.
MAROON
AG
Moderna - two shot. Work from home but attend 100000+ in attendance football games, concerts, restaurants, flown a few times. Do not wear a mask unless forced to.

not sure I've ever had it - never been tested. If I had it, I got it right at the outset of the pandemic when I served on jury duty in Harris County. Afterwards I had a bad cold for a week or so.
AgsMyDude
AG
Ag In Ok said:

What is odd? Males statistically have a worse time with it?
aggierogue
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

No vax. Got Delta. Got over it at home. Now my only issues are with vax-happy authoritarians and their rolling out of a caste system that doesn't account for science (such as natural acquired immunity).
ReloadAg
AG
We've taken exactly zero covid precautions after week 1 of this fiasco and still have not had it.
Racer X
AG
Haven't had it. No vax. No mask. Just got a call from yesterday's lunch partner... she's got it. I might be next.
Aggie
AG
I have been sick a couple times since Covid started… but I've never gotten a Covid test, nor will I ever.

Forum Troll
AG
Its becoming increasingly likely no one will be on this list after the next 4 weeks or so.
Proc92
Don't think I've had it. No cough or fever since it started.
wbt5845
AG
I don't have any idea. And I won't know if the cold I have is COVID or not unless I get really sick and need to be hospitalized. I'm guessing the doctors would want to do a COVID test at that time.
DadHammer
AG
One possibly Two more I know with the new Covid. Business partner and maybe his wife.

Thought he had allergies tested because he was going to see his 85 year old dad. So far very limited symptoms. He was vaccinated.
jopatura
AG
dubi said:

Can you get in earlier here in CS? The college kids are gone and maybe you could be seen tomorrow?

I got the monoclonal antibodies today. I'm still congested and coughing but my brain feels way less foggy already. I can hold a conversation again without trailing off!

I got the ones that work against Omicron- Sotrovimab. I could have rescheduled for earlier in the week but this appointment guaranteed me this one so I kept it (they were waiting on a shipment).
dubi
AG
I'm glad to hear you already have some improvement.
Forty Twice
AG
Wife, kid, and I have been double vaxxed but never caught COVID. At least not to our knowledge. I've never been tested. Only spent three weeks at home during initial Texas lockdown. Then back to normal office environment w/o mask. Been out and about like always. Proudly one of the first to shed the mask at HEB, Wings n More, etc. Mid 50s and obese. I think multivitamin, D, C, and zinc have really boosted my immune system. Only two minor colds with no lost time in two years. But had one hell of a 10-day flu in late December 2019 after going to Vegas on Christmas day. Have sort of suspected COVID was here before they said it was.
BBYD09
AG
Double Pfizer shot. Got Delta in August. I've lived with the least possible restrictions since this thing started (masks where required and self isolation with known exposer).

degreedy
AG
Wife and I, mid 30s, and our 3 children have not had it. Never stopped living our lives. Vacations, friends, families, sporting events, bars, restaurants, United States, Mexico, you name it, we've done it and have never come down with it.

Wife is "fully" vaxxed with the Pfizer and I am with the Moderna. Kids will not be getting the vaccine of any kind because we have no clue what it does to a adolescent child.
JABQ04
AG
Vaccinated in April 2021 (J&)). Whole family catches it in May. Nobody seriously ill. No masks at work. Been going to concerts, massless, wedding and parties. Flown three times since all this started. I probably had omicron in early December but never ran a fever or got tested. Sore throat, cough and headache. Thought it was seasonal. Went to work. Got better after three days.
SJEAg
AG
Wife and I, fully vaxxed, have not gotten it to our knowledge.

Same for two kids (10 and 11), whom we've decided thus far not to vax.

We are maskless and living our lives like normal.
Athanasius
AG
Moderna x2
Pfizer booster
Maskless

Never gotten it.

Keeping praying we will not.
Proc92
Proc92 said:

Don't think I've had it. No cough or fever since it started.

Not tested, but been sick for a week. Started with sore throat, fatigue, fever got to 103.5 for two days. After four days, no fever, no sore throat but light cough and night sweats.

JJ shot in April.
DadHammer
AG
Sounds like omicron.
Coates
DadHammer said:

Sounds like omicron.

Sounds more severe than most omicron in my family, no one was more than a day of feeling bad then lingering crap for a couple more days. And all the same for unvaxxed kids, j&j vaxxed adults, and triple vaxxed elderly.
DadHammer
AG
Wife and I still haven't caught it yet. I would imagine we will soon as everyone goes back to work this week. We have been half isolated for the holidays with all of our parties ending by the 22nd. Been around few people since then.
PerpetualLurker
AFAIK never had it.

Pfizer x3. Vaccinated in March, boosted in October.
fc2112
I have been around so many people who got COVID, I think I just have a strong immune system and will never get it.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
triple Moderna. I have not had it.

I mask in crowds. But have gone to Aggie football games, out to eat, a Christmas party, and grocery shopping. That said, with school starting back this week and as contageous as this new varient is, I fully expect to catch it in January. Just hope the vaccine keeps it mild.
DadHammer
AG
Me too 3rd.
AgLA06
AG
Wife and I 2x Moderna. Hadn't had it until the entire family got it this week. Kids are already over it, wife and myself have flu like symptoms.
FTAggies
No vaxx, dentist, no covid for my family
Gig'em
DadHammer
AG
FTAggies said:

No vaxx, dentist, no covid for my family

Being a dentist, that's incredible.
FTAggies
Yeah, we were told over and over again how at risk we were, shown all these examples of splatter and aerosols blah blah blah, everyone needs to wear hazmat suits, I don't think a single person in our office has gotten covid from treating patients, and since June it's been regular surgical masks and the only thing diff from pre covid is wearing a gown. Maybe it's the hand hygiene routine and that universal protocols are proven correct, who knows, but crazy from the supposedly most at risk profession in the world.
Gig'em
hammerhead
Knock on wood...

Age 58

Have not had it, not vaccinated, thought I had it in 7/2021 about 2 weeks before my daughters wedding, had fever for one day and it had been prob the least 15 years or so since I last had a fever and tested negative, had physical in November 2021, no antibodies and as of today feeling good.

I hope I don't catch it but I am not going to let it run my life. I don't wear a mask, I sent EE's home last year but I didn't stop coming into the office.

The only people I know that have had the virus are vaccinated people. In fact the only persons (2) that I have know to die had been fully vaccinated.

DadHammer
AG
We still haven't caught it. Boosted but never wear a mask. They don't work in the long run.

We did have a bad cold over thanksgiving but both tested negative to get back in country. I wonder if getting the normal cold helps against this cold?
bqce
AG
bqce said:

A Net Full of Jello said:

Have not had it. None of us (husband, daughter, self) are vaccinated. We have worn masks when required, such as on airplanes, but that's it. Don't really socially distance, have no changed lifestyle. We have been to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland since this started. Have also traveled to Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota as well as Ecuador. My daughter tested positive for the antibodies back in the spring, but never experienced any symptoms.
Somewhat my situation. Never vaxed and just tested for antibodies with negative results. Wife had Pfizer + booster. We've been flying, driving from Texas to the east coast. then west coast, Ryder Cup in Wisconsin, a resort in Puerto Rico, and dancing/drinking at various venues. I am also a proponent of prophylaxis - not obese, take Ivermectin a couple times a week, zinc, vitamins C and D, tonic water (has quinine) with fermented juniper berries.

Son and daughter-in-law got it - neither vaxed but recovered. It is a strange virus.
Well, I finally caught it. Pretty sure it's omicron since it settled in my throat and not in the lungs. I haven't had symptoms that are any worse than my annual battle of allergies. I used a mouth and nasal wash of 1% povidone iodine solution to keep the viral load in check. Seems to work very well. And finally,I'm 68+ years old.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.