How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

45,928 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
Swan Song
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Covid infections, no antibodies, T-detect test negative. I take HCL daily for autoimmune issues. When exposed I take ivermectin. Blood type O+.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
My wife just got over it for the first time last week. I never stopped kissing her or anything else because I was actively trying to get it. Still haven't gotten it proven by 3 antibody tests with Texas Cares.

Have auto immune issues, two moderna shots, asthmatic, cannabis smoker, O- blood. I Did take preventive ivermectin one dose a week while she was sick. Last big exposure I started HCQ preventatively for a week
Nixter
AG
Nixter said:

Quote:

False positives are really rare unless you had it in the last 90 days and just have left over viral particles. It is more likely that he did have COVID and everyone else just didn't get it due to immunity or vaccines. THe vaccines are not great at totally preventing Omicron but still somewhere in the 30% range. In addition, there is growing evidence that repeated exposure to other coronoviruses over time seems to give immunity as well. This is why it is thought to be so mild in young kids.

I've talked with 15 pediatricians in my area and exactly 0 of us have had COVID. 20 years of walking through viral haze daily seems to be protective to some degree.
Our kids have spread every other disease known to science to us all, just assumed the odds wouldn't be in our favor with Covid. Grateful to have avoided it (so far!).
Looks like I jinxed myself. I developed a mild sore throat and very mild nasal congestion overnight. I feel pretty decent, really. It would seem that I'm an outlier not developing systems until 120+ hours after exposure.

I megadosed on Vitamin D and will continue with Vitamin D each day I have symptoms, but don't think I'm going to pursue anything beyond that unless things worsen.
mccjames
AG
Never stopped working with the public and office personnel, flown multiple times and attended weddings and funerals. Have not had it, I did get vac, but no booster.
Easy come, Easy go
mccjames
AG
If you are FAT get the shot! Sorry not PC however if we just would have admitted if you are fat, I know it is not your fault you are fat, however if you are fat, you are highly susceptible to death by Covid.

It is no hurting anyones feelings to say this.
Easy come, Easy go
Agthatbuilds
In today's world there's a movement to have doctors stop weighing you at a checkup because it's offense. You've got magazines putting morbidly obese women on them and celebrating it as healthy.

In this case, even in the face of a heightened risk of death, telling someone they should get the vax because their fat, while correct, is still not something said often. It gets lumped in with pre existing conditions.
01agtx
AG
mccjames said:

If you are FAT get the shot! Sorry not PC however if we just would have admitted if you are fat, I know it is not your fault you are fat, however if you are fat, you are highly susceptible to death by Covid.

It is no hurting anyones feelings to say this.

Good grief. There are plenty of overweight people who got early treatment and did just fine. This isn't a lack of vaccine issue, it's a lack of early treatment one.
dlp3719
AG
Well never tested positive to this point (was honestly beginning to think I'd never get it.) Finally got it. Scratchy throat, Cough, runny nose. Wasn't a big deal.

Moderna x 3.
Nixter
AG
dlp3719 said:

Well never tested positive to this point (was honestly beginning to think I'd never get it.) Finally got it. Scratchy throat, Cough, runny nose. Wasn't a big deal.

Moderna x 3.
I never got tested to confirm, but my bout ended up being extremely mild. Raw throat for a day or so, and then just runny nose and congestion. No cough outside of one night where I had a little bit of sinus drainage. Didn't have the extreme fatigue and didn't have the muscle aches. It was pretty indistinguishable from a mild head cold. Took about 6 days to clear entirely.

Pfizer x 3
cc_ag92
AG
How do you know it wasn't a head cold if you didn't test?
Nixter
AG
cc_ag92 said:

How do you know it wasn't a head cold if you didn't test?
My infant son tested positive on a Thursday. I had symptoms the following Wednesday. We all quarantined together between his positive test and when I started symptoms, with the only contact being masked people at a drive-thru window. I provided a bit more context in previous posts on this thread, if that helps.

So I don't know for sure, but given the timeline, circumstance, and the type of throat discomfort I experienced (feeling raw more than acute soreness), the odds are decent it was Omicron. And given the number of people in this thread with false negatives, I'm not sure a test should be considered the ultimate arbiter of who's got it and who doesn't, anyway.
Charpie
AG
Still negative. I'm shocked by this considering I spent a week in Vegas
cc_ag92
AG
You make a case for having it, but without that information, we certainly can't assume everyone with a cold has Covid. That's simply untrue. As many here like to remind us, other viruses still exist. The tests are necessary even if not infallible.
Nixter
AG
cc_ag92 said:

You make a case for having it, but without that information, we certainly can't assume everyone with a cold has Covid. That's simply untrue. As many here like to remind us, other viruses still exist. The tests are necessary even if not infallible.
You could have just said "I think a positive test is important" instead, but silly me for thinking your question was genuine. I think the circumstance and nature of the symptoms makes it more likely to have been Omicron than not. I certainly have made no claim that 'everyone with a cold has Covid', but it seems that exposure that results in symptoms carries a lot of weight.

But to make sure I don't step on any toes, I'll send back the merit badge once it arrives.
cc_ag92
AG
My question was genuine.

I acknowledged that your particular circumstances make it likely that you had Covid while also stating the fact that it's impossible to know without a positive test. I'm not sure why you took that any differently.
atmag95
AG
No Covid for me despite being exposed multiple times to symptomatic family members.

Oh, and only the J& J vax.
Dad
AG
atmag95 said:

No Covid for me despite being exposed multiple times to symptomatic family members.

Oh, and only the J& J vax.

I have lost count of how many times I have been around it but I still haven't been sick either. I have lived as if Covid didn't exist outside of the first 7 weeks of 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

I did get a sore throat the week before Christmas for three days and Covid tested 3 days in a row and all were negative so I kept working and living. I am thinking either that was Covid since it was near the peak of Omicron or I had an asymptomatic case somewhere along the way.

I guess it is possible that I haven't had it but if so I must have the record for being around it without ever truly getting exposed to it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Are the feds still actively engaged in the ginormous waste of $$ known as the free tests? I've basically stopped hearing about it…are there like millions of them wasting away in some warehouse? Wouldn't that be the most DC thing possible?.
Let’s Go Brandon!
98Ag99Grad
AG
wife had it late January after work trip to Indy. very mild for her- runny nose and some congestion. She's had pfizer and booster. I never got it. J&J almost a year ago, that's it.
MAROON
AG
MAROON said:

Moderna - two shot. Work from home but attend 100000+ in attendance football games, concerts, restaurants, flown a few times. Do not wear a mask unless forced to.

not sure I've ever had it - never been tested. If I had it, I got it right at the outset of the pandemic when I served on jury duty in Harris County. Afterwards I had a bad cold for a week or so.
well you can take me off the list. Got the Sunday of Valentine's week. First day was the worst - felt like I was getting the flu, but every day afterwards I felt progressively better, just felt like a cold. In fact I'm almost certain it turned into a cold the last week. Took about two weeks to feel 100%.

Natural immunity!
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
DadHammer
AG
Still haven't caught it. The in-laws got it two weeks ago. Was supposed to go visit them but cancelled last minute. I guess we got lucky again.
West Point Aggie
AG
DadHammer said:

Still haven't caught it. The in-laws got it two weeks ago. Was supposed to go visit them but cancelled last minute. I guess we got lucky again.
Let’s Go Brandon!
KidDoc
AG
I still haven't had it and my immunity from Moderna is holding strong 13 months post 2nd dose. None of the pedi docs with St Jo or UPA have had it. I figure we are super immune due to chronic exposure to other coronavirus infections over the years.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

No vaccination, masked only where enforced, lived a pretty normal life through the entirety of the thing. If I've had it, I don't know about it.
I had the sniffles a couple of weeks ago for about a week, more annoying than anything, guess that could've been it. Still never tested so not 100% sure. Happy to see most of the world, and even this board based on limited traffic, moving on from this.
TheMasterplan
I got it in NZ after they finally lifted the clamps on society. I got boosted just before I ended up getting it. It wasn't bad at all.

Considering how quickly I got it I find it amazing that some people still haven't gotten it in the US like some have claimed in here. Especially, as you all say, you've never stopped going out.

My parents, brother and sister in law haven't done much the last two years and never got it.
Daddy-O5
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Considering how quickly I got it I find it amazing that some people still haven't gotten it in the US like some have claimed in here. Especially, as you all say, you've never stopped going out.
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on me having it at some point and not knowing it. I'd also guess many of the folks who claim never to have had it are like me and have rarely, if ever, been tested, which would be the only way a lot of us would know or distinguish from any other similar illness.
KidDoc
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

TheMasterplan said:

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on me having it at some point and not knowing it. I'd also guess many of the folks who claim never to have had it are like me and have rarely, if ever, been tested, which would be the only way a lot of us would know or distinguish from any other similar illness.
I've been tested and have negative antibodies as well so I know 100% that I've never had it somehow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheMasterplan
Daddy-O5 said:

TheMasterplan said:

That's also a good point. I wasn't calling anybody out for lying as it's totally possible to be "lucky" and avoid it over the last two years.

West Point Aggie
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Daddy-O5 said:

TheMasterplan said:

That's also a good point. I wasn't calling anybody out for lying as it's totally possible to be "lucky" and avoid it over the last two years.

Many people also don't panic and run and test for every set of mild cold or sniffles symptoms.
Let’s Go Brandon!
hammerhead
Never had it (that I know of) and have not been vaccinated. Never worked a day at home, went to the office everyday, don't wear a mask.

Thought I had it once about 10 days before my daughters wedding last summer but tested negative twice. Annual physical in October I have them test for antibodies..nothing.

Not going out of my way to catch it but not letting it rule my life like others.

Knucklesammich
Still haven't had it that I know of.

One of my three kids have had it. Wife hasn't had it that she knows of.
Maybe we all have had it and didn't know it? No clue.

Wife and I are vaxxed and boostered….I'm not a skinny dude.
Oldest is vaxxed and boostered. Youngest 2 got 1 dose.

Kids have been in school, all the normal activities in and out of school.

Have flown multiple times, vacations, concerts (starting late 2021), eating out, the usual.

Old high school buddy died overnight from it after being on a vent for a long time. Had an infection that went septic and I believe was diabetic. Interestingly he, his parents, wife and two brothers were all hospitalized with it…have to think some genetically just didn't mix well with it. Not sure if they were vaxxed but I'd bet good money they are all diabetic.

TheMasterplan
That's why RATs were so vital and should've been made so widespread and easily attainable.
Picadillo
Never, both me and wife. No vax. Following Dr Z prevention protocol 2+ years which includes weekly HCQ.
CDub06
AG
Wife got her latest CARES study results and still no natural infection. We're both vaccinated, but I'm still shocked our household has avoided it with as much travelling I've done over the last couple of years.
Charpie
AG
I finally popped positive. I started feeling bad while on a work trip. Thursday morning, woke up with a tight chest like allergies. Same with Friday morning. Last night after I got home I went to bed early. Woke up this morning to chest and head congestion. Then I got a small fever this afternoon and am positive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.