How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

45,700 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Capitol Ag
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I might have it right now. I went for a 20 mile run today, but I had a little cough. idk.

I've had 3 shots and I have 6 kids. Wasted energy to even care at this point.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Brandamne
So far so good. No jabs either. Trying to dodge it like The Matrix. Taking vitamins, lots of fitness and outside very often. Age 44
AgsMyDude
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Wife (double Moderna vax) and myself (J&J) haven't gotten it to our knowledge yet. We've got 2 under 4 who bring home colds ALL the time so wouldn't be surprised if we had some cross immunity from dealing with those frequently.

Kids did get REALLY sick from RSV over the summer. Youngest was coughing so hard he was vomiting.

I might be off the "never had it" list soon. Wife got sick Thursday, got worse yesterday and tested positive. Keeping her isolated some from the kids and I but the odds are probably extremely low that nobody else gets it.

We're on Rev's cocktail so hopefully a mild course if I get it
Picadillo
No covid last two years; includes wife and two kids. Everyone on HCQ-based protocol 2+ years. Good news is we celebrated New Years with the same DNA we started with; no vax.
AggieHusker
AG
No covid last two years; includes wife and two kids. Everyone vaccinated, wife and I boosted. Good news is we celebrated New Years with the same DNA we started with.
PJYoung
AG
Went to the UK game Wednesday and figured we would get it. Nothing yet!
grovitecowgirl
AG
I don't think I have had it. My sister who is two years older caught it and died. My sister lived with my 86-year-old mother who caught it and recovered. I took care of my mother so I know I was exposed. I am fully vaxed and boosted.
lobopride
I got it for the first time a few weeks ago (I'm double Pfizer and boostered with J&J). Nobody in my family has gotten it and nobody in my family is vaccinated. I didn't even quarantine from them when I got it and they still didn't get it.
fig96
AG
Everyone who got vaccinated also has the same DNA they started with.
AggieHusker
AG
I know; read the post above mine.
Charpie
AG
Went to Vegas two weeks ago. All three of us continue to not be sick. So weird
Squadron7
AG
Everybody in my family has now tested positive….except the two who are not vaxxed.

Not kidding.

Not that they won't, ever. It's just funny.
94chem
Picadillo said:

No covid last two years; includes wife and two kids. Everyone on HCQ-based protocol 2+ years. Good news is we celebrated New Years with the same DNA we started with; no vax.

You've been taking a chlorinated aromatic alkaloid for 2 years, and you're celebrating your in tact DNA? I get it...you don't read chemistry textbooks. This stuff isn't straightforward. But shame on the people who convinced you this was a good idea. I would only handle anything that looked like that in a fume hood, and preferably a drybox.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fig96
AG
Sorry, meant to respond to that one
Agthatbuilds
Still waiting to get it. Maybe tomorrow as I have a function with lots of strangers
cbaker20
94chem said:

Picadillo said:

You've been taking a chlorinated aromatic alkaloid for 2 years, and you're celebrating your in tact DNA? I get it...you don't read chemistry textbooks. This stuff isn't straightforward. But shame on the people who convinced you this was a good idea. I would only handle anything that looked like that in a fume hood, and preferably a drybox.
This is not a comment at all on whether or not hydroxychloroquine works for covid as a treatment or preventative. HCQ is an essential drug with a proven track record of good safety when dosed appropriately and many people take it daily for chronic disease for decades and tolerate it well. Many drugs are more toxic, relatively speaking.

Your comment seems hyperbolic, much like the fda's campaign telling people that ivermectin is only a veterinary drug when it's been used to treat human disease for many years. Again, not a comment on covid treatment, I just don't think there's a reason to demonize useful medications. Things like that make people scared to try treatments when they do need them.
94chem
cbaker20 said:

94chem said:

Picadillo said:

HCQ is an essential drug with a proven track record of good safety when dosed appropriately and many people take it daily for chronic disease for decades and tolerate it well. Many drugs are more toxic, relatively speaking.

Your comment seems hyperbolic...

Not hyperbole at all. People take taxol, methotrexate, and use the St Jude's protocol all the time as well. These are all extremely nasty chemicals. But they are used to treat an actual condition, and even though they cause awful side effects and likely shorten the life of the user, they are all better alternatives to dying of cancer.

When you say something is safe, you really need to qualify that.
94chem,
JamesE4
AG
was covid free despite being out in public the whole time until last weekend.

Had omicron, but recovered now.
cbaker20
Are you implying that rheumatoid arthritis and lupus aren't real conditions or that hydroxychloroquine has not been used to treat these conditions (and others) for decades? Do you think malaria is made up too?. It is much safer than methotrexate or taxanes. No drug is without side effects and this one has a good safety profile overall.

As I said in my original post, I'm not commenting on use for covid. Your suggestion that you need a fume hood/dry box to handle hcq is either a reflection of your lack of knowledge regarding its use or hyperbole to prove a point.
MemorialTXAg
Picadillo said:

Ha. Good troll but too far. Nobody is that stupid.
AgsMyDude
AG
AgsMyDude said:

AgsMyDude said:

Wife (double Moderna vax) and myself (J&J) haven't gotten it to our knowledge yet. We've got 2 under 4 who bring home colds ALL the time so wouldn't be surprised if we had some cross immunity from dealing with those frequently.

Kids did get REALLY sick from RSV over the summer. Youngest was coughing so hard he was vomiting.

I might be off the "never had it" list soon. Wife got sick Thursday, got worse yesterday and tested positive. Keeping her isolated some from the kids and I but the odds are probably extremely low that nobody else gets it.

Can scratch me off. Positive this evening. Don't feel much other than being a little bit tired.

If I was going to be hit with symptoms should I have had them already if I'm positive? Or maybe it's possible to test positive in the pre-symptomatic phase?
AgsMyDude
AG
West Point Aggie said:

AgsMyDude said:

AgsMyDude said:

AgsMyDude said:

Can scratch me off. Positive this evening. Don't feel much other than being a little bit tired.

If I was going to be hit with symptoms should I have had them already if I'm positive? Or maybe it's possible to test positive in the pre-symptomatic phase?

So you tested fur the fun of it? If you were just a little tired, I don't follow? Don't get me wrong test 6 times a day if you want but what was the prompt? Tiredness?

No it wasn't for the "fur the fun of it".

My wife is currently laid up in bed with a pretty bad case of COVID.

We have no family it town so I am the sole caretaker of our 2 kids under 5 at the moment.

Trying to keep an eye on things to make arrangements for someone to come into town if need be. And also to be able to end isolation ASAP

But thanks for the concern.

Also, it was just an at home test so not like I ran out to make an extra trip just to get tested.
Charpie
AG
Ignore the haters and take care of you and your family.
The Fall Guy
AG
Still Nada!

Wife and I don't wear masks anywhere. Covid ran rampant thru the office the last 3 weeks and nothing.
dlp3719
AG
Moderna x 3. Wife tested positive for antibodies summer of 2020 (so I assume I was exposed Spring 2020 when she was sick before testing was widely available) but I was negative for antibodies. Been around people who tested positive a day or two later 3 times and I've come back negative so far.

I no longer wear a mask unless on an airplane. I feel like for whatever reason I may never get it.
Sq 17
DadHammer said:

My wife and I and our four best friends have not caught Covid yet to our knowledge.

We are all vaccinated and working, dining out , sporting events, and vacationing like normal. Been out of country twice already this year. Having a big party Saturday. We don't go anywhere that requires masks, if it can be avoided.

Son and his wife caught Covid, they are nurses.

Title should read who have not been vaccinated and managed to avoid getting it.
The vaccine does not work as well as advertised and does not work as well against Omicron
Given how contagious Delta and Omicron are The vaccine does work

Very possible OP who is vaccinated was exposed and was not infected. Spouse and I are vaccinated the Covid swept through my HS child's team during August Practices ( one shot had not had the 2nd shot yet ) almost certainly we were exposed neither of us developed any symptoms. We carried on this fall travelled and did group activities so I am confident the vaccine worked on me and my spouse who are both middle aged and typical Americans who are not as thin as we should be
Hoosegow
Never had it.
Non vaxxed. Worked since the start. Wife and step daughter not vaxxed working or in school. Daughter vaxxed with booster - has had it.

Presently I can't seem to throw a stone without hitting someone who has it or has had it the last two months. Anecdotally, only my co-workers, friends and family that have been vaxxed have gotten it the last 2 months.
c-jags
2 years in and the whole family is covid free. (at least according to 40+ tests between our family)

wife and i got J&J in May and survived quite a few spreading events in the summer but remain undefeated. had a few bouts with different sicknesses in our family, but all of them have tested negative for covid.

15 and 12 year old haven't been vaccinated, and probably won't be for a while. wife and i are comfortable boosting at a year.
wbt5845
AG
c-jags said:

2 years in and the whole family is covid free. (at least according to 40+ tests between our family)

Not trying to start anything, but why that many tests? My wife and I are two years in, no COVID even though my wife is an RN and exposed almost daily, and we have had zero tests done.
knoxtom
I have crossed into the "had it" group. triple vaxxed. It got me first in my family and unfortunately I was up at high altitude (9-11k) feet so it got pretty bad. I passed it to my wife and kids and even the dog got it. I am a little over 3 weeks in and still get the sore throat every night and cough on and off all day. Kids got better quick, wife still has a few symptoms.

Our 3 year old goldendoodle got really sick and we were a bit worried about him, but he is finally turning the corner. He slept for 3-4 days and was having a lot of trouble breathing.

I had past lung issues from almost drowning, so I am glad I had the vaccine. A few of the days were REALLY bad and a couple times I choked on the drainage. Not a fun experience.

One more thing... I took three rapid tests and came back neg every time, even though I knew I had it. Did a real test at the mall and came back positive right away.
Get Off My Lawn
knoxtom said:

I have crossed into the "had it" group. triple vaxxed.

Quote:

I had past lung issues from almost drowning, so I am glad I had the vaccine. A few of the days were REALLY bad and a couple times I choked on the drainage. Not a fun experience.
I get that at the statistical level the severity difference is real - but at the individual experience level I'd caution against "post hoc ergo propter hoc" reasoning.

It's unknowable how much benefit each dose actually gave you in your achievement of natural immunity (ex: first shot took away 10% of severity, second another 5% and third about 2%). Perhaps you'd be dead without the vaccine, perhaps the difference would've been unnoticeable - but thanking the vaccine without knowing it's degree of benefit (which didn't prevent illness) strikes me as a weird reflex.

Edit: autoincorrect
WolfCall
AG
I've never had it but COVID-19 but, "It's so sneaky. You'll never know you had it."
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
PJYoung
AG
I guess it's just math? It's well established that you're 14x less likely to die (or whatever the actual # is now) and 8 to 10 times less likely to be hospitalized.

Odds are the vaccine probably helped him. You're correct in that there's no knowing how much.

And this is not math, just personal anecdotal - I've known 3 people so far that have died because of Covid and all 3 were unvaxxed by choice. A 56 year old, a 63 year old and a 75 year old.
Get Off My Lawn
We're in agreement, and I knew a few as well, but there's also the other end of that spectrum where many of us who didn't get vaccinated have made it through with lesser symptoms than vaccinated counterparts.

There is a significant portion of the population, though, who overestimates the actual risks and within whom the phrase "thank the vaccine it wasn't worse" has become the common reaction after they recover from Covid. And in most of those (90%+) the material significance of the infection was unaffected by their decision to get covid-shots.
fig96
AG
It's almost like people's own personal biases inform their opinions. Crazy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.