How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

46,089 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
DadHammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Science is pretty cool.
B-1 83
AG
Not that I know of. Thought I did in February, but tests negative. Vaxed in March.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
murphyag
AG
Haven't had it myself. Got 2 doses of vaccine. Probably will get booster over the holidays when I'm off. I Started traveling by airplane for work again in early summer 2020. Worked in my office the whole time when not on the road for work.
My company required masks for lost of the time from July 2020-June 2021. No masks required now if vaccinated. While I never got sick, I had several friends who caught Covid early on in the pandemic who died. Also had other friends and co-workers who caught Covid. Some were pretty sick, but the new treatments like Regeneron helped them.
Keller6Ag91
AG
I haven't gotten it AGAIN.

Unvaxxed. Still have antibodies present 16+ months after infection.

No plans to get vaxxed. BIG believer in natural immunity.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
SpringAg92
Diagnosed December 2020 and briefly hospitalized. Was not able to get back to full time work until April 2021 and even then it was tough. I'm a teacher and of course it was running through the school. I am now fully vaxxed and have my booster. Praying I never go through what I experienced again.
Agthatbuilds
I haven't had it. I dont know anyone who's died from it. I only know one who went to the hospital and he's morbidly obese.

Others got over it in a couple days
jopatura
AG
Not that I know of.

Traveled to Mexico Jan 2020 and got really sick when we got back home.

Took an antibody test July 2020 and it was negative.

Whole family got sick Sept 2020 and thought that was it. Never tested positive.

Husband took an antibody test October 2020 and it was negative.

Been sick with colds a few times since then in the family (4 & 7 year old) but never tested positive. Never took another antibody test since we stopped caring.

Both my husband and I were vaccinated in March 2021. Now we're over the whole thing. Only wear masks when required, not getting boosters, kids aren't vaxxed. We live normal.
West Point Aggie
AG
Vaccinated…have I had it? Never tested…
AJ02
AG
Haven't had it, not vaccinated, been living a normal mask-free life since about April of last year. Been exposed to confirmed positive cases.
erube
AG
haven't had it that I know of. Vax + boosted (10 days ago). I had a cold a couple months ago but tested neg. Been to football games, restaurants/bars etc..
new straw
Nurse. At the beginning (April-August 2020) covid unit. No covid positive tests in that time frame. Vaxxed December and January. I do mask, as I have not been boosted. My mom thinks it's something to do with our blood type. I think it's that I am kinda an introvert outside of work.
Gordo14
I'm not sure. Came back from Italy March 1st, 2020 and was very sick for about 36 hours. Had some symptoms that might have indicated COVID.
Deliberately didn't interact with family for two weeks on return just in case. There were no tests available to take at that time. Other than that I basically have not been sick for 2 years. Fully vaccinated and boosted. I have taken no extra precautions since about June. I've had 2 extremely close and prolonged exposures (both a few hours before they became symptomatic) during the delta wave and tested negative both times.
CDub06
AG
My wife's latest CARES results (last week) show her as not ever being infected, so I assume the same for me. I'm vaccinated and I've been travelling pretty heavily.
aggiebrad94
AG
Have never tested positive for it. In June, I got a weird fever for a week and was tested twice over that span but both were negative. They never figured out what it was despite testing for lots of things.

Got the J&J on the advice of a doctor who said having that virus made me more susceptible to other viruses.
Mathguy64
AG
Vaxxed in March. Wife had a breakthrough case a couple of months ago. Almost 58 and in fair shape. I referee soccer so I'm not a complete couch potato. So far I have avoided it.
Woods Ag
AG
not vaxxed, started living as normally in May 2020.. family hasn't had it.

Live events (concerts, sporting events, parties, bars, etc etc etc). I live normal. this thing can get bent.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Have not had it. None of us (husband, daughter, self) are vaccinated. We have worn masks when required, such as on airplanes, but that's it. Don't really socially distance, have no changed lifestyle. We have been to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland since this started. Have also traveled to Kansas, Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota as well as Ecuador. My daughter tested positive for the antibodies back in the spring, but never experienced any symptoms.
Pepesilvia
AG
I don't think I've had it. I got the moderna vaccines in the spring and both doses nearly put me in the hospital (high heart rate, sweating, headache, etc.). So, I don't know if that indicates that I had a high viral load from a previous infection and just didn't know it or if the vaccines just hit me hard for random reasons.
torrid
AG
Vaccinated, haven't gotten it to my knowledge. Other than the first few months, I've been going to work, the gym, eating out, etc. Only wear a mask where I absolutely have to.

This may make medical people cringe, but given the fleeting protection offered by the vaccines I'm hoping I have actually been exposed to the virus at some point.
TXTransplant
I had it right after Thanksgiving last year. But, to my knowledge, didn't pass it to anyone. Not my son who lives with me full time, or three coworkers I went to lunch with the day before I abruptly lost taste and smell (that was the only reason I even got tested - no other symptoms except for a slightly runny/stuffy nose and stopped up ears).

No one else in my family has gotten it, and I have several coworkers who haven't had it (before or after being vaxxed).
dubi
AG
Hubby is a nurse. Moderna in Dec 2020/Jan 2021. Learned he had also had covid from the Texas Cares antibody study; he never knew he was sick.

I had Moderna in Jan & Feb 2021. Never had Covid even with multiple long term exposures. Last antibody test was early November.
Cromagnum
AG
I just got over a round of it and wife never caught it from me. I had a weak case of it so it's not as easy to spread this stuff as the media would have you believe.
TefIon Don
AG
My wife and I both have it. Her symptoms were rough for 2 days but she's fine now, just dizziness. I've only had one very mild symptom, so I'm living my life as normal.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Reasonably certain my wife had it January 2020, plus we have had multiple very close exposures. No masks, no precautions, literally have done nothing different in our life except the kids stayed home for half a semester in the spring of 2020 and one week in fall 2020. They have been in school unmasked since then and have also been exposed. I recently got moderna vax because my health situation changed but i have tested negative for antibodies 3 times and it was negative except for the vax antibodies on the 3rd test.
knoxtom
No covid in our family. Wife and I vaxxed and boostered, two kids (22 and 10) vaxxed with no booster.

Living normally, going out, seeing friends from all over.

I have known (not always close, but known) 7 people who have died and many who got quite sick. All were unvaxxed. Son's teacher just missed 3 weeks with Covid, 4 classmates have tested positive. Obviously we have been exposed many times but the vaccines have worked for us.

Ann2321
My husband. my son and myself have not gotten it. Taking hydroxchlotiquine once a week. Also., taking vitamin d, zinc and vitamin c. My husband is working at home and I am retired. My son worked in a busy office with people who got it. He never got it. But is now working remotely.
Ann2321
Satellite of Love
Not had it. Includes my wife and 2 kids. We thought we might have caught it after a vacation in August but both of our tests came back negative.
Rubble
AG
knoxtom said:

No covid in our family. Wife and I vaxxed and boostered, two kids (22 and 10) vaxxed with no booster.

Living normally, going out, seeing friends from all over.

I have known (not always close, but known) 7 people who have died and many who got quite sick. All were unvaxxed. Son's teacher just missed 3 weeks with Covid, 4 classmates have tested positive. Obviously we have been exposed many times but the vaccines have worked for us.

Vaccines were not to prevent you from getting it, but to lessen the symptoms of you do. If they were meant to prevent it, why is my entire house dealing with it right now? One of my kids brought it home from daycare, and now I'm the last one to get it.
Rock1982
AG
nm
AggieBiker
AG
No one in my family has had it and I'm thankful. All of us are vaxxed and boosted. Both daughters are public school teachers and have obviously been exposed many times. Dad is 85 and gets out going to church and weekly table games with his senior friends. We do church, eat out several times each week, and get together with a group of 10 or more friends multiple times per week.

Only wear mask at doctors office and back when it was required stringently at most places, never wear them now.

All of us live in Dallas area. I have no idea if the vaccines are the reason why or if we would have all just resisted infection anyway, but the vax certainly didn't hurt any of us.

I have known many people who have had it included other family and friends with school age children. Everyone in those families got it this year but no one suffered severe symptoms. Also knew some people that got very sick that were not old and some who died. It is what it is. Rough for some, seemingly no threat for others.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
DadHammer said:

My wife and I and our four best friends have not caught Covid yet to our knowledge.

We are all vaccinated and working, dining out , sporting events, and vacationing like normal. Been out of country twice already this year. Having a big party Saturday. We don't go anywhere that requires masks, if it can be avoided.

Son and his wife caught Covid, they are nurses.

I'm of the belief than Covid (original) was here several months before the government says it was here.

My whole family had classic covid symptoms from October - November (6 members of my immediate family). We were told first case in USA was in January. I don't believe it. We got tested for Flu, Strep, the whole nine. It all came back negative. It was Covid I guarantee it.

Point being, I think there are many people in this same bucket who had Covid, didn't know it, and just assume it wasn't covid because the governement said it started in January. The reality is, the governemnt can never say with 100% certainty this started in January. Maybe the can with known cases, but my belief is there are probably thousands of unknown cases which happened before then.
CS78
Went on a 3 week, 100% lockdown when this mess hit. Been living life like normal since then. No mask, no vaccine, no social distancing, no covid.
End Of Message
AG
CS78 said:

Went on a 3 week, 100% lockdown when this mess hit. Been living life like normal since then. No mask, no vaccine, no social distancing, no covid.

Same, except Covid treated with ivermectin.
cc_ag92
AG
Our daughter had the exact same experience in December of 2020. We really thought she had Covid until November of 2020 when she tested positive for Covid and was sick for over ten days.
Has anyone in your family given blood since then? That would tell you whether you had it or not.
Tex Ag 81
AG
Have not had it. I have three Moderna shots.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.