How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

46,086 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
DadHammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I still haven't had Covid that we know of. I had a decent cold over a week ago but tested negative.

I have a few of the tax payer money wasting free Covid tests at home, so I figured why not test out. Why some idiots still demand masks on planes is mind bottling.
jamey
AG
Wife and stepdaughter got it 6 months ago.

During this time my allergies seemed to dry up for a few days and I thought I smelled chlorine a few times. Otherwise no symptoms
Agthatbuilds
Finally tested positive today. 2.5 years into this without missing a day of work and without any substantial changes to my life
DadHammer
AG
Are you vaccinated? Just curious.

We are still Covid free. I am sure we will get it sooner or later.
The Fall Guy
AG
Why are people still testing??? The Covid testing bus in my town sits idle every day. Nobody is going. Why not just take care of the sniffles and if it gets worse go to the doctor?
LatinAggie1997
AG
My employer didn't require masks for the first year. Corporate decided to mask mask a requirement while indoors.

The first year zero cases. Within 3 months of requiring masks 6 people got sick. A range of symptoms and severity.

I am not vaccinated.

I will not get vaccinated.

I have tested positive (stick to the brain) twice almost one year apart. I was fortunate as I had zero symptoms both times. Call it luck, diet, genetics, or a combination, but I trust my immune system. I also happen to not have any health issues (diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.).

Do as you deem necessary as have many of my family and friends. Personally, I do not believe in masks for Covid-19 and I do not trust these vaccines.
DadHammer
AG
Good point.
TX05CCHH
AG
I tested so I knew what I had and how to treat it. Treatment for the flu is not the same as covid or bronchitis, etc. Maybe more psychological than anything.

Edit: not everyone just gets the sniffles. Also, why would you not want to know if you had it or not?
Agthatbuilds
DadHammer said:

Are you vaccinated? Just curious.

We are still Covid free. I am sure we will get it sooner or later.

Yes. My second shot was a year ago. No boosters. Took it at the time for high risk family members.

Anyway, covid has effected me more than the sniffles. Yesterday sucked.

Charpie
AG
Weird how it impacts folks differently. Husband got the sniffles. Me? The sniffles were no big deal, the night sweats and asthma flare up suck
mccjames
AG
No mask at work, vaxed, wash my hands regularly and have not had COVID, nor has my wife, she wore mask more.
Aries
Who else still has never had it? The new strain seems to be getting a lot of people who have't gotten it yet (or that they know of).

I have never gotten it. Never have had any symptoms or have I tested positive. Which is funny since I'm a nurse, have been the main COVID tester at my work since it started, & just have been vaccinated with the 2 initial doses.

My husband & 2 kids have also never had it. Kids go to private school & have never had to wear masks at school. Husband has not either.
PJYoung
AG
Got it for the first time 3 weeks ago.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
I haven't gotten it and I'm 3 months shy of 65 and unvaccinated.
bayareaag17
I've never had it. 27 years old. Took no precautions during "lockdown", went to bars, movies, parties and went into the office everyday. I never got any of the shots, wore a mask and never even got a test because I never had as much as a sniffle.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
66 and haven't had it. I've been in close contact.with family members who have had it. Dodged it so far.
Dad
AG
Aries said:

Who else still has never had it? The new strain seems to be getting a lot of people who have't gotten it yet (or that they know of).

I have never gotten it. Never have had any symptoms or have I tested positive. Which is funny since I'm a nurse, have been the main COVID tester at my work since it started, & just have been vaccinated with the 2 initial doses.

My husband & 2 kids have also never had it. Kids go to private school & have never had to wear masks at school. Husband has not either.

In my house only one kid has had it with very minor symptoms. The other three of us are all covid free to this day. We travel, go to crowded indoor and outdoor places all the time, go to football games, etc and still are good. I suspect that we've all had it and had either no symptoms or extremely mild symptoms. For the kid that got it we only tested because half of the kid's friends were out sick from school with covid. We were shocked it was positive.
The Fall Guy
AG
Wife has it right now. Started getting sick in Friday morning, popped positive on Sat.

We were at her sisters house and she popped positive on Sunday.

I have slept in same bed, 2 long car rides to Corpus and back and we are not social distancing in the house.

ME... NADA! I would have thought I would have it by now but not even a sniffle.

When my wife had it we believe in Dec 2019 she had it worse then and I didn't get sick.

Been exposed multiple times and nope.
Picadillo
No covid ever. No vax. No symptoms ever. Two years of HCQ (preventive dose) + zinc + various vitamins.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Aries said:

I'm one of those. Got it 2 weeks ago from a business trip. Like a cold, but the recovery is long.
-Ben There/R.C.
JB
AG
No vax, no masks, no covid for anyone in my household. Same for my elder parents, my elder in-laws, and our siblings.
TexAgBolter
AG
Never had it. Been exposed too many times to count. Only wore masks when federal law required. (Traveling)

Got the vax when it first came out. Once boosted. Do not plan on any more shots.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
My wife and I haven't had Covid.
The Fall Guy
AG
Still no. Never got it from my wife and now with over half the office gone from Covid that was spread at the office still no. No social distancing no masks, no hand sanitizer
DukeMu
Nope, except our son in Minnesota. I'm sure we've all been exposed.

All of us have had 4 vaccines.

I wear masks only in inside crowded areas and only when cases or positivity rate is up.

Everyone should be vaccinated every 5-6 months. The vaccines are being retooled to handle the B5 variant.

01agtx
AG
Had Covid in February. Took meds and vitamins from day 1 and got over it fast. No masks. No vax. Went to a Garth concert with my whole family and 90k other people 1.5 weeks ago and didn't get it.
Bayouhobo
Has anyone else here had a really crap experience with this latest strain? We made 2.5 years not a sniffle - no vacs, life fairly normal. Then 2 weeks ago we got slammed. Figured we were due but also sort of figured this one was on the weak end. Pulse ox has been horrible! Finally got it up to an average of 92-94. Temp topped out at 104 day 5. Just wondering if anyone else had had such a hard time with this.
SVaggie84
AG
Just thought I'd chime in here. I just got another known exposure. My 2nd known exposure. Two hours after I spent a 2 day car trip with my daughter where we shared a hotel room, she tested positive for Covid. She then stayed at my house so she wouldn't get her roommate sick.

Somehow, I did not get Covid.

I just took quercitin and zinc, vitamin D & C, and melatonin after my daughter tested positive.

I've had the moderna vaccine, but no boosters.

So 2 1/2 years, and never had Covid.

Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Daddy-O5 said:

No vaccination, masked only where enforced, lived a pretty normal life through the entirety of the thing. If I've had it, I don't know about it.
I had the sniffles a couple of weeks ago for about a week, more annoying than anything, guess that could've been it. Still never tested so not 100% sure. Happy to see most of the world, and even this board based on limited traffic, moving on from this.

Wife got it and just rode it out for a few days. I was around her for a couple of days while she was sick before I had to leave for a work trip. Pretty sure the kids had it too, but I never got it, and haven't ever caught it to my knowledge. Still no Covid shots for anyone in our house.
SVaggie84
AG
Got exposed again, and didn't catch it. I was around my sister-in-law for about an hour the night before she tested positive.
94chem
Picadillo said:

No covid ever. No vax. No symptoms ever. Two years of HCQ (preventive dose) + zinc + various vitamins.

You've taken nearly half a kilo of HCQ? Please stop. I know you can read studies on this stuff's safety, but I have used chloroquinolines in my lab, and I wouldn't touch them without gloves. I know they can shoot up a bunch of rats and do tissue assays and all that stuff, but chlorinated heterocyclic amines are just not something I'd play around with unless I had a compelling reason.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
It finally got me last week. Feel like my vaccine did little for me as I was pretty sick for 36 hours. My dad has had full dose plus one moderna booster and he got it first time last week also and he was very sick for almost a week. Almost had to go to hospital

Primary symptoms were congestion, fever (101.5 for a guy that usually runs low 97s), mild cough and extreme fatigue. Had some nausea and diarrhea as well for one day. By day 5 I felt fine again except my taste was off. Back normal now

2/10 would not recommend getting Covid again
Artorias
AG
If I had it, it was so mild I didn't even bother getting tested
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Not Vaccinated and never had it to my knowlege. Tested positive for a trip to leave the country but then tested negative with two other tests right after (same day and day after)
AgsMyDude
AG
Artorias said:

If I had it, it was so mild I didn't even bother getting tested

schrodinger's covid

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.