How many here Have Not had Covid? - Just Curious

46,074 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Capitol Ag
knoxtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will stand by my opinion that the vaccines lessened the severity of my covid experience GREATLY. I love the response the one guy gives that I have no way of knowing, but the first shot lessened it 10%, the second 5%, and the third 2%. So I have no way of knowing, but you can quote percentages.

I guess this is just anecdotal, but I have known 7 people who are now dead of covid ranging in age from 45 to 80ish. All had exactly one thing in common, you guessed it, unvaxxed. I know 2 others who were in comas, one was 53 and unvaxxed, then other was 45 and unvaxxed.

I take my vaccines, even if they are changing my DNA (my god this is stupid to think it changes your dna, like literally completely 100% f'ing moron stupidity).

Ag_B_10
AG
[Check your email. Wrong forum for the political slang and trolling. - Staff]
DadHammer
AG
My small group of six still hasn't been infected. All vaccinated.

Having procedure done at hospital tomorrow. Probably catch it while I'm there.
Sq 17
Glad your better the testing is an issue. it is remarkable that tests can be developed and mass produced even if the precision and accuracy leave lots to be desired.
PJYoung
AG
knoxtom said:

I will stand by my opinion that the vaccines lessened the severity of my covid experience GREATLY. I love the response the one guy gives that I have no way of knowing, but the first shot lessened it 10%, the second 5%, and the third 2%. So I have no way of knowing, but you can quote percentages.

I guess this is just anecdotal, but I have known 7 people who are now dead of covid ranging in age from 45 to 80ish. All had exactly one thing in common, you guessed it, unvaxxed. I know 2 others who were in comas, one was 53 and unvaxxed, then other was 45 and unvaxxed.

I take my vaccines, even if they are changing my DNA (my god this is stupid to think it changes your dna, like literally completely 100% f'ing moron stupidity).

DadHammer
AG
Great data.

By now I expect people have been vaccinated or already recovered from Covid.

I predict Covid is over as a major illness in a month or two.
98Ag99Grad
AG
wife went out of town last week to Indy for work. came back last Thursday with the sniffles. Persisted in to this week and she tested positive yesterday. I've been around her the whole time and I tested negative. Only symptom she has is congestion- no fever, aches, sore throat, etc. She's vaxxed w/ Phizer and booster. I had J&J last April no booster.
PJYoung
AG
DadHammer said:

Completely agree.
Agthatbuilds
PJYoung said:

knoxtom said:

If you are high risk, get the shot. If you are older, get the shot.
Harry Stone
AG
PJYoung said:

DadHammer said:

Completely agree.

i think itll be 3rd qtr.
Agthatbuilds
It's happening I think. Kid has all the symptoms
End Of Message
AG
T&Ps
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
c-jags
wbt5845 said:

c-jags said:

2 years in and the whole family is covid free. (at least according to 40+ tests between our family)

Not trying to start anything, but why that many tests? My wife and I are two years in, no COVID even though my wife is an RN and exposed almost daily, and we have had zero tests done.
our school provided tests and in an effort to try and have kids be able to stay in, let them test regularly and gave them to families.

we also were at Pine Cove in late July for the week that caused an outbreak and shut the whole thing down. everybody around us caught it. we started feeling bad a week later, but were negative for at home tests and lab tests. my son had some respiratory stuff around thanksgiving and we couldn't pin down what it was... thus more covid tests.

that was then.

i'm pretty opposed to just about any and all testing now. not saying it's some great evil or "STOP TESTING!" but i'm just over it.
NyAggie
AG
over the last 2 years I've had just the usual allergy/cold type symptoms I always get at the same times of the year every year so I never tested myself, so I don't know for sure if I've ever had it or not, however when my kids were sick we tested them and they were negative, and my wife was negative as well and we all were sick at the same time, so I'm thinking I never had it.

Got all 3 of my shots and go out to restaurants etc...on a regular basis

part of me believes that some people will just never get it no matter what, or won't really show symptoms even if they do get it, because of something, who knows what, about their bodies' makeup makes them immune to it.
PerpetualLurker
AFAIK still have avoided covid. Haven't been sick at all in about 2 years. 3 doses of Pfizer

I isolated myself until I got vaccinated (long 14 months, 0/10 would not recommend, but it worked out for me since I was high risk) but once I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer, I went back to normal.

Work sent us home because of Omicron right after the new year, otherwise, I probably would have gotten it by now. I dont think there is anything special about me, but I am confident once I do get exposed I will not get severely sick thanks to the vaccine.
slaughtr
AG
Moderna vaccinated and boosted. Out all the time. Multiple airline trips including to Europe. Never had symptoms. I have access to a lab and routinely get tested, including antibody tests. My S-protein antibodies are sky high from vaccination. Never had a positive test for N protein antibodies in 2 years.
aglaohfour
AG
Convention in Vegas got me. It was basically inevitable. So far 6 of the 10 employees I took have tested positive. Fortunately I've been the most sick out of everyone, which is interesting because I'm vaccinated and only one of them is.

My first few days of symptoms were a sore throat and pretty severe sinus headache. By the time I lost taste and smell it had been 5 days since the sore throat started and that's when I tested positive. Then I was super fatigued, like could not keep my eyes open, for three days. I just suddenly started feeling better on day 9 and had a negative test on day 10 after my first symptoms. Now my sleep schedule is all messed up, and my cardio endurance when I tried to work out today was a garbage fire, but other than that I feel back to normal.
c-jags
Our two year reign of freedom and superior genes has come to an end. Wife tested positive today. We'll see how i fair.

On the plus side, she's a teacher, school is cancelled, and all my kids' sports that they would have been forced to miss has been cancelled.

So that's looking a bit on the bright side in taking the sting out of things for them.
Chris98
AG
"Pure blood" here. In construction. Have been on numerous "nasty" job sites, daily, since March 2020. As far as I know, have not caught the rona. Late last year, wife and son, both, have had pretty nasty cases(no specific precautions taken). So far, daughter and I have avoided it.
Nixter
AG
Looks like it's our turn. 16-month-old tested positive yesterday (only symptom was a bit of fever and now some light congestion - we assumed it was an ear infection, but the Covid test was positive). We also have a 2-year-old and 5-year-old but they haven't started symptoms and the wife and I haven't either). Assume it's just a matter of time.

I'm vaxxed and boosted and higher risk, so if I have symptoms I'll probably pursue Paxlovid.
TexasAggie_97
AG
As far as I know none of my 3 kids or wife or I have had it and we rarely wear masks and go out all the time.
TexAggee05
AG
Myself, wife, and 5yr old have not had it. No masks, not being overly cautious about it. Never stopped working or going out.
woodlees
AG
KidDoc said:

DadHammer said:

Kid Doc

Can they test to see if you had covid even if you were vaccinated? The tests can distinguish between the two?

Been vaxed and boostered so wouldn't know if i contracted the real thing or not?
Yes, look at the Texas Cares thread on this forum. That study has closed enrollment but there are tests that distinguish between natural and vaccine immunity.
To distinguish between antibodies developed by natural immunity one will have to get two antibody tests: one that tests for antibodies against the nucleocapsid protein (antibodies will only develop to nucleocapsid by natural infection). All vaccines to date are based on the spike protein, and you will acquire spike protein antibodies by either vaccination or by natural infection. The great majority of antibody tests on the market test for antibodies against the spike protein.

Hope this helps
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
woodlees
AG
Vaccination works well to prevent severe disease and death, but is less effective at preventing actual infection.

Infection with the virus occurs in the outer lining (epithelium) of the upper respiratory tract (ie nose, throat, and upper airways). The vaccines generally dont prevent epithelial infection, but rather help in containing the infection locally.

To prevent infection, we need mucosal vaccines (ie, vaccines given by nasal spray, where IgA antibodies are formed that protect the upper airways from infection

With vaccines currently available, the dominant antibody response is IgG antibodies rather than IgA antibodies

Mucosal vaccines are under development and hopefully will be approved in the near future
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agthatbuilds
Still negative. Both my parents had it last week.

Pretty sure both my kids had it last week and possibly spouse. If it wasn't covid, it was something narly. Spouse is going on day 4 of super sore throat and an inability to get out of bed for more than about 15 mins at a time.
FireAg
AG
No vaccinations...

No tests...

Have had a minor cold twice in the last two years...was it the Vid? No clue...I didn't get sick really, so I don't really care what it was...

Have been directly exposed 7X that I am aware of...I'm sure the actual number is much higher...

Living my life like a normal human being...no extra safety measures...

I still haven't had the flu (or flu shot) either...
The Shank Ag
Pretty sure never had it that I know of. First 2 Moderna's, not boosted yet.

Was very cautious to start. First couple months would come home from the grocery store and immediately change/shower (at wife's behest). Was one of only 2-3 in the office at a time from April-October that year. Started being less cautious mid 2020 when cases plummeted and never really went back. Unmasked most the time unless required. Been on 5 flights (2 out of DFW, 2 out of Mazatlan, 1 out of Phoenix). Dine in at restaurants once a week or so.

Around thanksgiving my wife and I both had sinus issues for a week (mainly a ton of sneezing out yellow stuff), but both tested negative multiple times and were around a ton of her family that didn't get sick. Between the negative test, the lack of transmission to others, and the lack of fever/cough/sore throat/colored mucus, I am chalking that up to a regular old sinus infection. We both have allergies and had just driven in a ranger around an uncut milo field at the family ranch a couple days before where we both sneezed our heads off for an hour after.

Could that have been an early omicron or a delta that didn't follow the normal delta symptoms? Possible, but I don't really think so.
DadHammer
AG
We went to Egypt over thanksgiving and the entire traveling Aggie group caught that head cold. No one tested positive for Covid.

Good thing we don't panic the world by reporting the common cold infections. They would have blown omicron infections away as every single person I know caught that cold.

My lake neighbors just caught omicron and are fine. Said it was mild cold symptoms. Still just six of us Covid free to this point.
Nixter
AG
Nixter said:

Looks like it's our turn. 16-month-old tested positive yesterday (only symptom was a bit of fever and now some light congestion - we assumed it was an ear infection, but the Covid test was positive). We also have a 2-year-old and 5-year-old but they haven't started symptoms and the wife and I haven't either). Assume it's just a matter of time.

I'm vaxxed and boosted and higher risk, so if I have symptoms I'll probably pursue Paxlovid.
16-month-old was over his fever in 24 hours. Nobody else in the house has developed any symptoms at all.

Occam's Razor tells me the 16-month-old's test was a false positive. Everyone I know who has had anyone in the house test positive ended up with everyone getting it.
Aston94
AG
Nixter said:

Nixter said:

16-month-old was over his fever in 24 hours. Nobody else in the house has developed any symptoms at all.

Occam's Razor tells me the 16-month-old's test was a false positive. Everyone I know who has had anyone in the house test positive ended up with everyone getting it.
Both my daughter's have had Covid (one didn't know she had it but showed up in blood work and other had mild case after testing positive). Wife and I have not gotten Covid at all, normal activities throughout, including travel, work and dinner/events out of house.
KidDoc
AG
Nixter said:

Nixter said:

False positives are really rare unless you had it in the last 90 days and just have left over viral particles. It is more likely that he did have COVID and everyone else just didn't get it due to immunity or vaccines. THe vaccines are not great at totally preventing Omicron but still somewhere in the 30% range. In addition, there is growing evidence that repeated exposure to other coronoviruses over time seems to give immunity as well. This is why it is thought to be so mild in young kids.

I've talked with 15 pediatricians in my area and exactly 0 of us have had COVID. 20 years of walking through viral haze daily seems to be protective to some degree.
aggiederelict
This hasn't been my experience or people I know's experience as well. Both my daughter and I both tested positive. I had symptoms and my young daughter did not. My wife and and our son didn't get it and we didn't change anything.

I have heard this story many times.
Nixter
AG
Quote:

False positives are really rare unless you had it in the last 90 days and just have left over viral particles. It is more likely that he did have COVID and everyone else just didn't get it due to immunity or vaccines. THe vaccines are not great at totally preventing Omicron but still somewhere in the 30% range. In addition, there is growing evidence that repeated exposure to other coronoviruses over time seems to give immunity as well. This is why it is thought to be so mild in young kids.

I've talked with 15 pediatricians in my area and exactly 0 of us have had COVID. 20 years of walking through viral haze daily seems to be protective to some degree.
Our kids have spread every other disease known to science to us all, just assumed the odds wouldn't be in our favor with Covid. Grateful to have avoided it (so far!).
Aggies76
AG
Haven't had it. I've had both vaccine shots and a booster. We've lived a pretty normal life since the first couple months of 2021.
hammerhead
I hate to even type this but...

Not vaxed, have not worn a mask, have not stopped going into the office, have not stopped eating out, etc, etc...

Don't want to catch it but I am not going to let it rule my life.

Had a slight fever (cannot remember the last time I had a fever) last summer about 11 days before my daughters wedding...Got tested twice, both negative. Had a full blown physical in October, had them test for antibodies and did not have any.

58 years old, ht wt falls within the grid. No meds..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.