**** Current Players: Only Positive Reactions ****

211,933 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Schrute Farms
FamousAgg said:

I have concerns about the players making a call on the coach. They are only here for a short time, we need to make a 10 year decision.

I do think it would be great if they hired him in some capacity, if nothing else to maintain some of the players. Maybe a 1 year HC contract to see how it goes?

I'd normally agree. However, with the timing of this event, I'm on board with keeping a CWS team intact and giving it a helluva shot.
Hornbeck
AG
histag10 said:

1991sir said:

Bombers used to do one dollar beer night….my liver hated that summer.

Thirsty Thursdays!

I'm showing my age here, but the Hall used to have "Any coin, any drink" nights. If we saw a washing machine on the side of the road, we'd procure it to rip apart for coinage….
RED AG 98
AG
and it was glorious
trouble
AG
And penny pitchers!
The Marksman
AG
We have the potential to retain the vast majority of last year's team and add some new pieces to it. Next season could be special.
1991sir
He said almost? Who we betting leaves?
RED AG 98
AG
I really don't know but it sounds like Bell is gone. Wilson is the only pitcher in the portal so maybe him too?
RGLAG85
AG
1991sir said:

Positive... positive... positive... positive... positive... negative... positive!

I want to focus on the negative.

Sniff... sniff
1991sir
No, def not sir. Simple question.
RED AG 98
AG
Great point. No more derailing. The positive is almost everyone is coming back (pending coaching hire)!
Wicked Good Ag
Hornbeck said:

histag10 said:

1991sir said:

Thirsty Thursdays!

I'm showing my age here, but the Hall used to have "Any coin, any drink" nights. If we saw a washing machine on the side of the road, we'd procure to rip apart for coinage….

Sneakers. Drink for free until someone uses the bathroom with cover. Always big dudes with beer in hand blocking the door to the restroom
TAM85
Getting the band back together!!
1991sir
Like the whole band? I don't want schloss back
Mr.Ackar07
1991sir said:

The seniors with no eligibility and Montgomery who will make bank in the draft.
histag10
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

1991sir said:

And maybe Cortez- who should also do well in the draft
Jlove1770
AG
Hornbeck said:

histag10 said:

1991sir said:

Thirsty Thursdays!

I'm showing my age here, but the Hall used to have "Any coin, any drink" nights. If we saw a washing machine on the side of the road, we'd procure it to rip apart for coinage….

Wasn't that fun times! I loved any coin any drink.
Kingaggie
Jlove1770 said:

Hornbeck said:

histag10 said:

1991sir said:

Thirsty Thursdays!

Great times! Denim and Diamonds did the same...I believe it was Tuesday nights. For some unknown reason TABC frowned upon it and put an end to it.
Hornbeck
AG
You're implying that us getting blackout drunk off of change we found in our couch cushions was a bad thing….
Sean98
AG
Kingaggie said:

Jlove1770 said:

Hornbeck said:

histag10 said:

1991sir said:

Thirsty Thursdays!

Great times! Denim and Diamonds did the same...I believe it was Tuesday nights. For some unknown reason TABC frowned upon it and put an end to it.
State law changed so TABC had to change. About 1997ish. Sad days.
RED AG 98
AG
also changed how much one person could be served and made us adjust ring dunk to large mugs away from pitchers, iirc
Sean98
AG
histag10 said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

1991sir said:

And maybe Cortez- who should also do well in the draft
Likely Prager too. I think he's 3rd-4th round at this point. But I can hope he comes back!!
setsmachine
AG
Schrute Farms said:

FamousAgg said:

I have concerns about the players making a call on the coach. They are only here for a short time, we need to make a 10 year decision.

I do think it would be great if they hired him in some capacity, if nothing else to maintain some of the players. Maybe a 1 year HC contract to see how it goes?

With the timing of this event, I'm on board with keeping a CWS team intact and giving it a helluva shot.

Agreed. In principle, in normal times, you don't have players make a coaching decision. But this is an exception -- this was the second best team in the nation last year. Every coach prospect will be a gamble in their own way (football has taught us that the hard way many times). The goal is to win a natty, and keeping this team together for next year might just be our best chance of doing that for a long time. Plus it's not just current players, many former players who love this program and want to see us win are advocating for Earley.
histag10
AG
histag10
AG
No idea why it says June 30....
tjack16
AG
On the subject of the players… did anybody else catch what Liucci said earlier this week about Morgan Wallen trash talking Braden Montgomery in Omaha?

Anybody know what that was all about?
soleta27
tjack16 said:

On the subject of the players… did anybody else catch what Liucci said earlier this week about Morgan Wallen trash talking Braden Montgomery in Omaha?

Anybody know what that was all about?

Morgan Wallen is a POS
BoerneGator
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

dcg4403 said:

Ag1188 said:

trouble said:

Very interesting to me the number of pitchers who seem to be staying.
Agreed. I think our former 29-year-old Weiner (who never played baseball) is just a data guy and encourager/hype-guy. He doesn't know anything beyond analytics which is something a lot of people in baseball can do. Don't think he knows anything else related to pitching. He's never done it. He was just the analytics guy at seattle. The fact our pitchers aren't following him is hilarious.

Actually I thought Weiner played minor leagues shortly? Maybe I am completely wrong there. But not playing doesn't mean you dont know baseball. If fact, possibly more if you were to focus on being a coach from a very early age....which I know Weiner wanted to be very early in his life.

I am most saddened that Weiner left to be honest. Think he is responsible for more success than Schloss. He helped develop the culter which Schloss took no part of.

I heard Weiner is mostly an analytics guy and doesn't really know the ins and outs of pitching mechanics. It's also telling that none of our pitchers have any interest in following them to Austin
Given this is true about zero et, who actually coached the pitchers on their mechanics then? Have never seen this addressed.
RED AG 98
AG
Every portal name back?
P5 HC as top assistant?

Sign me up!

TAMU1990
AG
If the players are like my kids we'll be waiting least another 2 hours to hear from them. Unless someone wakes them up.
Dr. Horrible
Cortez chimed I'm already. Should have saved the tweet for here.
themissinglink
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Every portal name back?
P5 HC as top assistant?

Sign me up!

Welcome to Aggieland Tony V…

Quite to compliment to come as Earley's top assistant.
1991sir
Who in the world could that be?? Has to be someone older right? Pitching guru? Or is Vitello still in this thing?
Muy
AG
1991sir said:

Who in the world could that be?? Has to be someone older right? Pitching guru? Or is Vitello still in this thing?

recently fired sip HC?
phatbc
Muy said:

1991sir said:

recently fired sip HC?
wow THAT would be something

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.