Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Drinking

5,911 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Magneto
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Upon reading the comments, I agree that everyone was just doing their job(s). I was slightly annoyed by it, that's all.

Also, I didn't meant to attach a negative connotation to the particular student grad school group that was running the concession stand. A lot of the concession stands seem to be run by foreign student groups raising money for their clubs - which I think is great.

And, yeah, after reading the comments I suppose I may be overreacting.
duddleysdraw88
AG
4-5 pages…….. minimum!
Kraft Punk
[Keep politics off of this board or get banned. -Staff]
Hill08
I think you're overreacting. Everyone was just doing their job. What if you were some old guy just trying to get an 18 year old drunk? Obviously, that wasn't the case, but everyone was just following the law.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

We're a conservative family but
AG
next time don't hand it to her when the concessions people are watching.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
[Posters that quote trolls and derails will get the same ban. -Staff]
agnerd
AG
Kyle Field losing their alcohol license would be a really big deal. The students that show up drunk or that sneak in alcohol aren't as big of deal as selling to a minor. Coupled with TABC agents that frame innocent people and get away with it:
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3024583/3 and you start to get the picture of why the workers are being very cautious. Your problem is with TABC, not the kids working the concessions.
AustinCountyAg
rule #1 ?
ahpetty33
AG
I'm not sure the grad students being Indian was relevant to the situation, it sounds like everyone involved from the concession worker to the police officer did their job as they were trained to and this is a big nothing-burger. Probably a big point of emphasis at an event with so many college students present, as every alcohol purchase requires a drivers license to be scanned
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
were you upset when someone asked to see your ticket on the way in? But lets be real, a grown man buying booze for an 18 year old girl that wasn't his daughter would be alarming, so unless the cop was a jerk about it seems like it was a decent thing to do.
zgolfz85
AG
I think I'm glad this happened?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
double post
TXAG 05
AG
Definitely overreacting here. The vendor and the cop were just doing their job. There was no way for them to know that the kid you just gave a drink to was your daughter.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Meh. Not a biggie. Move on.
Scotts Tot
AG
Props to the concessions employee for being alert and paying attention in what would have been a bad situation had it not been father/daughter. From OP's account it sounds like the cop was reasonable and respectful.

Obviously this thread isn't going like OP expected. What are you mad about? Big overreaction.
Gig em G
AG
Not strange.

I typically mind my own business almost about everything people do, but in this case I kinda see why they'd at least make sure you were their parent. It's not like the cops at Kyle Field have much to do anyway.
CDub06
AG

[Posters that quote trolls and derails will get the same ban. -Staff]
Magneto
AG
I remember when the Ags played florida in 2020 and the mask police were yelling at everyone trying to eat peanuts without a mask.

Doesn't surprise me they found a new power trip…….
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Magneto said:

I remember when the Ags played florida in 2020 and the mask police were yelling at everyone trying to eat peanuts without a mask.

Doesn't surprise me they found a new power trip…….
you think underage drinking laws are a newer power trip than mask enforcement?
Wahoo82
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Definitely overreacting here. The vendor and the cop were just doing their job. There was no way for them to know that the kid you just gave a drink to was your daughter.
Except that if they did not ask for IDs from both father and daughter and asked her a few questions, they confirmed nothing.
cav14
Yep this was very strange. That Indian should have known that you were the parent of the minor that you handed alcohol to and simply should have never reported the cops to you.
Gyles Marrett
If they made you pour it out or tried to write you a citation I'd see an issue here, but just sounds like everyone did their job properly and the cop was polite about it.
greg.w.h
AG
Handled well all the way around.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
avoiding cops was 3/4 of the fun of underage drinking. Feels like just typing in a cheat code to have your otherwise conservative parents buy it for you at public events.

I remember putting my beer on the floor at a lynyrd skynyrd concert when I saw a cop approaching and telling him he cant prove it was mine. What kind of life lessons are you teaching your daughter?
Kenneth_2003
AG
The MOST impressive thing I see here... Concessions person mentions it to the cop. Cop takes a description and finds the man with a beer wearing jeans and a maroon (or white) shirt!

As others said. That concessions kid was just doing his job.
StinkyPinky
AG
Sounds like your ego was bruised because someone questioned you. This is a very odd complaint if you look at it objectively.
gwmAggie
Preparing an 18yr old daughter for college by allowing her to drink? No good reason to do so. Hey it's ok to drink if you are under age? It's ok to break the law?

Freshman drinking leads to a multitude of consequences that can have a negative impact on your daughter's life.

A fail imho.
12thMan9
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

rule #1 ?

Don't you mean feather or dot?
Ronnie '88
Aggie
AG
So you got upset because someone questioned you?

And put a post on Texags about it??

How dare they question you. The nerve of those people doing their jobs .

Seriously it's sounds like everyone did their job and due diligence. Texas A&M is not about to risk losing their liquor license for you.

Cop questioned you, confirmed you were the parent and everyone went on their way . What's the issue ?

You sound like an entitled ass TBH
NoahAg
Kyle was better without alcohol.

(And yes I do drink.)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There are just as many hammered people at Kyle as there were before they allowed alcohol sales.

At least now I have alcohol to help me deal with the middle aged Baptist man next to me trying to scream advice to Elko from the second deck to run the ball more. That guy is just as much of an embarrassment as some hammered person.
jrgypsum
This an opportunity missed.

Teach her the value of getting tuned prior to walking in and/or how to sneak in your own booze.

That is if you gonna drink.

But good job on interaction with the cops without ending up in cuffs. Always a win.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
gwmAggie said:

Preparing an 18yr old daughter for college by allowing her to drink? No good reason to do so. Hey it's ok to drink if you are under age? It's ok to break the law?

Freshman drinking leads to a multitude of consequences that can have a negative impact on your daughter's life.

A fail imho.
Far better to supervisor her than to just send her off to college to let her figure that out on her own. Unless you think that no freshman (or later) students drink alcohol.

My parents did this for me as well. Late summer 1983, I was told to clean all the debris left in the wake of Hurricane Alicia in our yard. Later that night, I had my first 6-pack, totally supervised. No big deal. But what that showed me was how scrawny me would be (un) able to handle alcohol, and two years later, I knew what my limits were. But I was actually legal the day I arrived in Aggieland; the drinking age was 18 at the time, changing to 21 in September 1985. After that, I was no longer legal, but had acquired a number of bottles of various alcoholic beverages that I took along with bedding etc to my first apartment for me and the roommates. Never caused any problems.
duddleysdraw88
AG
NoahAg said:

Kyle was better without alcohol. (SALES)

(And yes I do drink.)

FIFY

It was way more exciting sneaking it in your boot!

It was super rare to get caught in the student section, but a little more challenging to hide it from the fuddy duddy folks when we got to sit in horseshoe!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.