**** Current Players: Only Positive Reactions ****

211,920 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
DallasAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Everyone loves fungo golf right? Tell Hayden to show us the bloopers!

RED AG 98
AG
One of my favorites so far!

FamousAgg
What's the religious diversity all about?
Sean98
AG
1. Ryan is Jewish

2. Hayden is goofy
RED AG 98
AG
3. Angels

4. possibly a reach but i'm reaching nonetheless

histag10
AG
Josh Stewart is Catholic - and doesn't hide that (tags AggieCatholic in stuff) That may add to it.

I'm sure there are some others as well, but it does seem like a good amount of religious diversity and all around good young men who live their faiths.

But yeah- X/Twitter has a lot of people calling Prager "Big Jew" and "The Hebrew Hammer" lol
BiochemAg97
AG
histag10 said:

Josh Stewart is Catholic - and doesn't hide that (tags AggieCatholic in stuff) That may add to it.

I'm sure there are some others as well, but it does seem like a good amount of religious diversity and all around good young men who live their faiths.

But yeah- X/Twitter has a lot of people calling Prager "Big Jew" and "The Hebrew Hammer" lol

Kaden Kent's Insta links to the Church of Jesus Christ (LDS/Mormon) official Instagram account.
histag10
AG
Wouldn't have guessed that. I wonder if he is strict, and will do a mission during college. A quick search shows you are correct- Jeff and Dana Kent are both members of LDS, as are their children.

Edit to add- nothing wrong with it. I have quite a few LDS friends (including some lifelong friends), and living in Montana I got to know a lot of them
BiochemAg97
AG
histag10 said:

Wouldn't have guessed that. I wonder if he is strict, and will do a mission during college.

Edit to add- nothing wrong with it. I have quite a few LDS friends (including some lifelong friends), and living in Montana I got to know a lot of them

Not strict in the sense that he doesn't skip baseball on Sunday. Those I would call strict tend to take keeping Sunday holy very seriously, to the point where the kids will not play sports on Sunday. They will play sports and participate in weekend tournaments, just not available to play on Sunday. I wouldn't expect that from a family where dad was a pro athlete though.

Personally, at the level he is at, I think it would be hard to put baseball on hold for 2 years. Would probably miss another season getting back into D1 athlete shape. Hard to maintain a D1 strength and nutrition plan while on a mission.
histag10
AG
That makes sense. Do you know if it is becoming more common for people to skip missions or take local ones? I know a lot of the students I had in Montana took "local" summer missions in small towns around us rather than full time out of country missions.
Hornbeck
AG
It's not required that they do mission work for two years (for men, 18 months for ladies), it is just strongly encouraged. Source: I used to work for the world's largest Mormon owned company, and I'm still friends with many, and know a couple of them that didn't do it.
BiochemAg97
AG
histag10 said:

That makes sense. Do you know if it is becoming more common for people to skip missions or take local ones? I know a lot of the students I had in Montana took "local" summer missions in small towns around us rather than full time out of country missions.

Plenty don't go on a mission, but I would guess overall more common to take them as it is becoming more common for young women to go on a mission. Never heard of a summer mission by the LDS church, but I know some who have gone and done service for a few months through other organizations.

But we are probably getting a bit off topic.
leathersby
AG
There is actually a Mormon church (or was back in 2015) on George bush and Dexter that hosted missionaries when I was in school. Maybe he could be placed there?
Hornbeck
AG
There's several in town of varying sizes, and yes, this is getting way off topic. /cease LDS Church posts
The Marksman
AG
Schott's waiver has been approved per Brauny on X!
tjack16
AG
The Marksman said:

Schott's waiver has been approved per Brauny on X!

2025 DH confirmed
RED AG 98
AG
Sea Pony 07
Charlie 31
AG
YES!!!

Our Fightin' Texas Aggie Baseball social media reporter and commentator is back!!!

FamousAgg
He seems to have been some of the glue holding the team together. Awesome!
RED AG 98
AG
The glue. The straw. The leader. The party-maker.

He's everything.
greg.w.h
AG
FamousAgg said:

He seems to have been some of the glue holding the team together. Awesome!
Im not sure how he does it, but he is SO entertaining.
DallasAg10
AG
RED AG 98 said:

The glue. The straw. The leader. The party-maker.

He's everything.
Agreed - that is going to benefit in ways that no stats are going to be able to track. He has been key in clubhouse culture. Combined with the players choice in coach leading them, this is going to be a tight knit crew. Expectations are going to be high on this team after last year's performance, and this glue is going to make all the difference.
Eliminatus
AG
Talk about an absolute roller coaster high from immediate post MCWS to sitting here now with a stupid grin on my face from this news.
Tailgate88
AG
Next year is going to be special.
TexAg91
AG
Only one way I can think of for 2025 to be more special than the incredible 2024. And that one way involves a season-ending dogpile!
you moran
AG
And another homer record. Red Ag better be printing some new numbers.
RED AG 98
AG
My body is ready. I'm thinking of doing a separate dedicated thread rather than in-game, and counting up from 0 rather than down from the target.

1. thoughts?
2. ideas on numbers to use?
trouble
AG
Yes to separate thread.

Yes to counting up.

I'll think about number ideas.
Charlie 31
AG
RED AG 98 said:

My body is ready. I'm thinking of doing a separate dedicated thread rather than in-game, and counting up from 0 rather than down from the target.

1. thoughts?
2. ideas on numbers to use?
I like this suggested format of producing a dedicated thread. Make it 5-star official so we can easily find it and follow it on the front page.

Also, I like the use of Texas highway signs for the numbering.
RED AG 98
AG
STACKED!

The Marksman
AG
RED AG 98 said:

STACKED!

Schott will not be in the outfield
RED AG 98
AG
If he plays the field he will be. But mostly DH I assume
trouble
AG
Imma bring my Pringles "this team is stacked" shirt outta retirement.
StinkyPinky
AG
trouble said:

Imma bring my Pringles "this team is stacked" shirt outta retirement.
Pringles needs to make a comeback

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.