Story Poster
Photo by Jamie Maury
Texas A&M Baseball

Jim Schlossnagle set to leave Texas A&M for Texas head coaching job

June 25, 2024

The rumors, indeed, have legs.

Jim Schlossnagle is set to be named the next head baseball coach at the University of Texas after three incredibly successful seasons at Texas A&M.

The news was first reported by Chip Brown of Horns247 and later confirmed by TexAgs' Billy Liucci and D1Baseball’s Kendall Rogers.

A career-altering move by Schlossnagle comes less than 24 hours after his Aggies lost Game 3 of the Men's College World Series Finals on Monday night.

"I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M," he said postgame. "I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind."

Obviously, something changed between then and Tuesday evening.

Schlossnagle, 53, was introduced to the 12th Man on June 10, 2021.

In three seasons in College Station, he took the Aggies to the Men's College World Series twice, reaching the final four both times and the championship series in 2024.

His A&M tenure controversially ends in infamy with a 135-62 record.

More to come shortly.

Discussion from...

Jim Schlossnagle set to leave Texas A&M for Texas head coaching job

235,776 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by UhOhNoAgTag
rondis23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With all due respect, this is one of the biggest c*ck sucking moves any person could ever make.
Buck Turgidson
charles58 said:

That's horse hockey!!! Jimbo #2 chasing the money!!!! I'm shocked and disappointed. Can't wait for the sips to come to Olsen Field!!!
If its true that he's taking the staff and some players with him, what makes you think we'll have much left to beat him with? Sounds like he's intentionally gutting our program on the way out the door so we can't beat him anytime soon.
Who?mikejones!
Hey Vanessa. Who might you be?

5 players
Grahovic
Sorrell
Moss
Wilson
Sdao

philevans
AG
Buck Turgidson
2thFixinAg said:

He got offered more money and we didnt match it. Yall would all cHange jobs if they tripled your salary.

This is an indirect result of the dumba$$ Jimbo contact. No money available.
How do we know that? I haven't seen any such details. Did our AD ever even get a chance to match the sips offer?
NewEra2023
AG
Was going to Tuesday. I have no idea why an extension hadn't already been decided.

But we extend Jimbo on a 9 win COVID year.
Agbully
You have to understand the character of the man and then you will understand the actions of the man. Sugarcoat it all you want but the man is a liar. Period. Proven several times. Why would anyone want him as a coach. College sports is all about recruiting. Schloss isn't necessarily a good coach. He's a good recruiter. All you have to do to make the team even better is hire a better recruiter. And then you have a better team not being coached by a liar. Personally, if I were a recruit and I saw that man lie about the ut job like he did why would I want to play for him. I could never trust a word that ever came out of his mouth.
JayVol
Hi y'all. Great series. I wanted to say that we can empathize with you all. This guy has the character of Lane Kiffin, and is trying to empty the roster like Kiffin attempted when he left UT (Tennessee). Both are dirt bag mercenaries.

Wish you all the best, and hope you find a great coach and can hold the roster together. I am looking for big things from you all next year.

JayVol
I will also say, it's low rent to be negotiating for another job when your team is in the finals of the CWS. Tells me that he doesn't really give a damn about his kids.
Who?mikejones!
Billy knew weeks ago
Who?mikejones!
This was sorted out before we got to the playoffs.

Looking back, Schloss let it slip in one of the press conferences during the cws.
Fins Up!
AG
Congrats on the win! Y'all earned it.

Thanks for the kind words. Today hurts, but deep down we know you speak the truth.
Agsone
AG
How much $MM's did it take?
A&M Give Us Room!
92Ag95
AG
same end result as if he'd been caught up in a g ay massage parlor sting.
Ag1188
AG
davidhouse said:

He said some similar glowing things about TCU before leaving for TAMU. If we weren't mad at his actions then ;why are we mad now? Oh, because it doesn't benefit us. We stole him from TCU and Texas stole him from us. Get over it.
Lol. Tcu was bordering on firing his goofy self.
JayVol
Gotcha, I did not know that.
fieldtrailer
AG
I'm serious when I say I hope Trev Alberts is a sports guy. Someone with in the know contacts and connections to coaches. Not just a finance guy.
cdpoole18
AG
They are already reporting he's planning to bring his coaching staff to Austin.
davidhouse
So we took a coach, that TCU was going to fire. Where's you data?
Ag1188
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Hey Vanessa. Who might you be?

5 players
Grahovic
Sorrell
Moss
Wilson
Sdao

Lot of players don't like Schlossnagle anyway.
Ag1188
AG
cdpoole18 said:

They are already reporting he's planning to bring his coaching staff to Austin.
fine, don't care. Get a real pitching coach now who uses analytics but that actually played baseball unlike weiner.
Ag1188
AG
davidhouse said:

So we took a coach, that TCU was going to fire. Where's you data?
I mean the fanbase more than not. Over half the fanbase wanted him gone. He had another year at least before the admin pulled the plug.
Who?mikejones!
I think young pitchers might follow weiner.

Grahovic- eh, bye
Sorrell- that hurts

Bench players- guess we will see
Squid94
AG
So TexAgs knew weeks back but didn't report it? Guess that's in the Premium forum?
milner79
How about taking his dancing girls with him.
Deputy Travis Junior
davidhouse said:

He said some similar glowing things about TCU before leaving for TAMU. If we weren't mad at his actions then ;why are we mad now? Oh, because it doesn't benefit us. We stole him from TCU and Texas stole him from us. Get over it.

If he wanted to leave for Texas in a professional way, this is how to do it: 1) tell Chris del Conte that this series is ****ing important to him and that he needs to keep his trap shut for just 3 more days and 2) wait 3-5 days after the series and then announce.

He instead let his future boss make this an open issue and distraction right before the biggest series in his players' lives, pulled that histrionic lying bull**** last night, and then announced less than 24 hours after the loss.

He's a lying **** and we don't need to be nice when a **** acts ****illy.
friedrice
Sound familiar?
Agbully
To be honest I don't care that he left. My point was about him being a liar. There are different levels of lying. White lies usually go unaccounted for and dont do character damage. Your Basic lie is one where a normal person may distant themselves from the liar. A liar that goes to the extreme Schloss did the other day, and he went to extremes, should tell anyone that has a decent judge of character to stay far away. If I was a recruits parents I wouldn't answer the phone if his name showed up on caller ID. So I guess you can say I'm good with him being gone. Not upset at all.
Who?mikejones!
Does anyone remember which presser schloss gave it away he wouldn't be at tamu forever?

I can't find it but i know he said it and remember it being a weird comment. I'd like to hear it again
big red dog
Couldn't win the big one... 2nd rate
SilverTaps86
AG
Staff... Please remove this POS's photo from the front page of your website. He doesn't deserve it.
aeon-ag
a.froman said:

What's bad is he allowed Texas to break their job opening on the day our program was playing the biggest game in the history of our school
No wonder the team looked so mule faced during the last two games. The damned sips leaked it knowing it would be a downer for the Ags and lose the last game, insuring A&M wouldn't be national champs, Dirty low down B.....d sips. I'm glad schlos is gone and joining the lying sips, he'll make a good one.
That brings up another question. Why did the pitching coach leave a lucrative pro job to be a lower pitching coach in the college ranks? This has been in the plan all along. Will he be the next head coach. Dirty sips and dirty lying schlos!!!!
AgBQ1994
AG
aeon-ag
a.froman said:

What's bad is he allowed Texas to break their job opening on the day our program was playing the biggest game in the history of our school
Ain't that a BIG coincidence! That's the reason the players looked so flat the last two games. It wouldn't surprise me if schlos cut a deal with the dirty @ss sips to throw the game so A&M wouldn't have a national championship. How low can a man go to do that to his players.
two93ags
AG
Hunter Goodwin said:

Aggies, you know I almost NEVER post, but I feel compelled to remind every single Aggie loyal fan that bought tickets, Jell-O shot's, drove all the way to Omaha, agreed to pay licensing fees because he needed more improvements for baseball, scrambled to fill our expensive seats with people at every single home game (because he asked), and the list goes on that THIS COACH allowed this rumor to fester with intent and purpose. Several player parents were expressing dismay over his OWN lack of commitment to the program, all causing unnecessary negative focus on our players the day of our biggest game in baseball history! Stop and truly "think" through the collaborative and purposeful timing of the tu baseball Coach announced termination. This was an orchestrated and intentional act between tu AD and our former Coach to harm, injure, hurt, and send every Aggie alumni a giant middle finger! You please think through this FACT and you decide how he deserves to be treated in our history and in his new life in the SEC!

Just because this bears repeating and more stars than I can give it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.