Countdown to Aggie Baseball 2025

78,503 Views | 871 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by aggiewilliford
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All 3 of the posts above yours say 148
Bondag
AG
trouble said:

4. Are you blocking Ensign Beedrill or Dabo man?
trouble
AG
Bondag said:

trouble said:

4. Are you blocking Ensign Beedrill or Dabo man?

Neither. I just didn't scroll far enough to see his.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Thank y'all so much! I always come back and check. I basically scroll through the pictures and stories, click off the thread, then immediately realize that I forgot to see the countdown number and go back and look!
ensign_beedrill
AG
ThunderFighter06 said:

Thank y'all so much! I always come back and check. I basically scroll through the pictures and stories, click off the thread, then immediately realize that I forgot to see the countdown number and go back and look!
Each one of my pictures has a numbered road sign in it. Make sure to check for it while taking in the gorgeous scenery.
Sea Pony 07
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Bondag said:

ThunderFighter06 said:

Is it just me or does anyone else get caught up in the pictures and stories on this thread and ends up forgetting to check how many days left there are until the first game?
It was easier to track when we were watching paint dry.
Much less discussion.

A lot more active posters for off season than for the last several years
AgBQ-00
AG
Very true.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
TAMU1990
AG
2 weeks until the first fall ball game
ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 147
Adm. Auth., dated 07/31/1984; Adm. Ltr. 008-1984, dated 08/20/1984
From SH 87 southeast of Shelbyville, southwestward via San Augustine and Broaddus to SH 63 near Zavalla. (Angelina, Shelby, and San Augustine Counties)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0147.htm

dabo man
AG
Texas County Courthouses:
147 Limestone County, Groesbeck, Texas
(Home of the Goats!!)

twk
AG
dabo man said:

(Home of the Goats!!)

The Limestone County Courthouse makes me a little sad, because it is a slightly smaller model of the Wichita County Courthouse, built in 1916:

But, like many other old courthouses, it was ruined by a remodeling, and now looks like this:

RED AG 98
AG
Oh damn. That is truly awful in a way only the 70s and 80s can be awful.
aggiewilliford
twk said:

dabo man said:

(Home of the Goats!!)

The Limestone County Courthouse makes me a little sad, because it is a slightly smaller model of the Wichita County Courthouse, built in 1916:

But, like many other old courthouses, it was ruined by a remodeling, and now looks like this:

I just heard the law and order theme music in my head when I saw this.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
aggiewilliford
Day 147
Texas Historical Marker
Ramey House, Tyler, Texas

An important example of turn-of-the-century domestic architecture, the home of Thomas Brown and Mary Josephine (Spencer) Ramey was crafted of virgin cypress and southern heart pine in 1903. The architectural style of the house is typical of the revival interest in colonial American history and the late 19th century classical movement. Thomas Boyd Ramey (1892-1967), a prominent local attorney and founder of Tyler's rose festival, lived in the home with his family until his death. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1997.

aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 147
Curling instead of Wiping! On a Beemer too...But it is I believe from Russia, so there you go!
aggiewilliford
Day 146
Texas Historical Marker
Lancaster, Texas

The Randlett house is one of the four remaining Victorian houses still standing in Lancaster. Constructed by S. D. Andrews for Sam Randlett, a prominent local merchant, the house was completed in 1896 and represented the Randlett's social status within the community. Displaying characteristics of Victorian architecture, the Randlett house possesses an asymmetrical floor plan, numerous projecting wings, a complicated roof line and detailed woodwork. Although much of the original detailing has been lost, the house still retains its Victorian character. Located on 23 acres of land which Randlett's wife, Addie, had inherited from her father.

aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 146
Ahhhhh Duct Tape Usage Rears It's Ugly Head Again!
dabo man
AG
Benny and I were among the 22,117 at Kauffman Stadium tonight who saw Michael Wacha take a tough loss. 5.2 innings with 2 runs given up in a 2-1 Royals defeat. Lots of feeble ABs by the Royals tonight. Always love visiting the K though. Sat up high tonight, but really not a bad view.

dabo man
AG
146 Liberty County, Liberty, Texas

aggiewilliford
Wacha was and is one of my all time favorites. Sounds like he didn't get any run support.
ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 146
Minute Order 90522, dated 6/21/1990; Adm. Ltr 001-1991, dated 1/14/1991
In Livingston, from BU 59-J south and southeastward via Hardin to US 90 in Liberty, then westward concurrent with US 90 approximately 7.6 miles to Dayton, then south and southeastward to IH 45 south of La Marque, a total distance of approximately 113.3 miles. (Polk, Liberty, Chambers, Harris and Galveston Counties)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0146.htm
Mr.Ackar07
Saw this a few minutes ago and thought of this thread. Even with my limited knowledge of football, I know this isn't how you throw one.
greg.w.h
AG
Stadium's only issue is rotting concrete

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-royals-explain-why-they-wont-renovate-kauffman-stadium/46773750
dabo man
AG
Funny how Arrowhead and Kauffman were built side by side with the same materials, and the concrete is fine at Arrowhead. Equally funny how the concrete at the K has aged well above ground, in the part of the stadium that the fans access. The Royals explained that the problems are underneath, where fans can't see. I'm sure they're good for their word.
aggiewilliford
Days Left: 145
Texas Historical Marker
Roseland Plantation Home.

Roseland Plantation Home, the antebellum plantation house of Burwell H. Hambrick, is located five miles east of Edom in southeast Van Zandt County. Hambrick, who moved to Texas from Virginia, purchased a 500-acre tract from Thomas R. Buford on April 9, 1852. He later purchased an additional 2,500 acres. Construction on the two-story Greek Revival house, erected near the site of a Cherokee battle of 1839, was completed by 1854.
Hambrick built a church and a private racetrack nearby. The house, located halfway between Dallas and Shreveport, served at times as a stagecoach stop and a change station for horses. In early years it also served as an area social center. After the Civil War Hambrick deeded much of the property to his former slaves, and part of the plantation land became the foundation for the Red Land High School and community. In 1868 Hambrick formed a partnership with George Humphrey to establish a cotton-thread mill in Tyler. The mill burned in 1869, and Hambrick, reduced to poverty, died a year later. William S. Herndon purchased the property in 1890. His wife, Mary Louise Herndon, and children held title to the house until her death in 1919, after which several black families lived there. In 1954 Mrs. W. C. Windsor, wife of a Tyler oilman, bought the house, along with 200 acres, renamed it Roseland, and restored it. In 1966 the Texas Historical Commission placed a marker on the site. Various stories and legends are associated with the house. The upper east bedroom is said to have been the scene of the murder of a young girl, and spectral horsemen are rumored to visit the building. The historical marker indicates the place where, according to local lore, the groans of Chief Bowl, who died in the battle of 1839 on the property, can be heard. In the 1880s one Peter Hill is said to have taken baskets of gold from the house.

aggiewilliford
Days Left: 145
You Had One Job
dabo man
AG
145 Leon County, Centerville, Texas
Looks like someone's house

Who?mikejones!
dabo man said:

145 Leon County, Centerville, Texas
Looks like someone's house

I like the jail next door

Having some posting troubles......
brickking
enjoy ever day seeing the count down cant wait
ensign_beedrill
AG

SH 145 became part of SH 66 in 1931.
Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY LOOP NO. 145
Minute Order 047186, dated 02/05/1960; Adm. Cir. 005-1960, dated 02/15/1960
Oklaunion Loop - From north frontage road of US 287 at the north edge of Oklaunion, southward along Kingola Rd and eastward along old route of US 287 and US 70 to US 287 east of Oklaunion. (Wilbarger County)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SL/SL0145.htm
I suspect this is one of those towns that isn't pronounced like it's spelled. I'm going to guess it's okla union, seeing as it's close to the Oklahoma border. Can anyone in the know confirm?
twk
AG
Yes. It is Okla-Union. Watch your speed when passing by on 287.
ensign_beedrill
AG
It is the House of the Law.
dabo man
AG
I lived in Law Hall for two years. That was my House of the Law.
mwm
Several years ago, they did a restoration of the interior. The old courtroom on the second floor is beautiful.
dabo man
AG
144 Lee County, Giddings, Texas
A little bizarre, but I like it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.