*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

208,278 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by jkag89
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm baffled Prager is back. They must have low balled him.
agcrock2005
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I thought that in this new draft era they pretty much had that stuff worked out before using the pick, because the MLB teams don't want to waste a valuable pick since the draft is so much smaller.
DallasAg10
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Or we cut a bigger check. Or both.

Regardless, and even if a big check was cut, Prager returning really shows a commitment to the team. You don't come back like this unless you want to be here.
tjack16
AG
He technically has two more years of eligibility so could pitch his way into a first or second round bonus next year
Sean98
AG
tjack16 said:

He technically has two more years of eligibility so could pitch his way into a first or second round bonus next year
This is the reason that Prager was even a possibility. He's a draft eligible sophomore, so he STILL has leverage next year. I naturally, but incorrectly, assumed that Prager had put a number out there, and that any team that drafted him would know that and be willing to meet that number. No idea if the Angels goofed, or thought he'd blink, or he changed his mind. I assume it's either #1 or #2.
Sean98
AG
In Non-Aggie news... Texas transfer portal pitcher Eli Trop of Penn has signed with the Phillies.

Sean98
AG
And now Kentucky loses one of their transfer pitching pieces.

AgSportsFan89
AG
agcrock2005 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

I thought that in this new draft era they pretty much had that stuff worked out before using the pick, because the MLB teams don't want to waste a valuable pick since the draft is so much smaller.

After the last several years, I've learned to never underestimate the Angels organization's incompetence.
RED AG 98
AG
For those of you that don't normally pay attention to the stickies.... this is worth a watch (or read as there are notes)

Pragmatic Ryan Prager details his decision to stay in Maroon & White | TexAgs
CapCityAg89
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

agcrock2005 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

After the last several years, I've learned to never underestimate the Angels organization's incompetence.

Agree with this. Two generational players playing well and they never sniffed any real success. Baffling.
RED AG 98
AG
'25 recruit and not portal, but

Hammer Part 2, Electrik Boogaloo!

StinkyPinky
AG
DallasAg10 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Regardless, and even if a big check was cut, Prager returning really shows a commitment to the team. You don't come back like this unless you want to be here.
This spoke volumes to me, and hopefully means that the mentality and want is there to win it all next season. Sounds like we're focused and confident which is an essential part of the puzzle.
TarponChaser
StinkyPinky said:

DallasAg10 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

This spoke volumes to me, and hopefully means that the mentality and want is there to win it all next season. Sounds like we're focused and confident which is an essential part of the puzzle.
He also has 2 years of eligibility left. He can put up another similar season to 2024 and potentially improve his velo being about 2 years removed from Tommy John surgery and move himself into the first round and make 3-4x as much on his signing bonus.
Bigstick17
AG
Schott's eligibility waiver approved by the NCAA.

Great to have him back in the clubhouse for another season.
The Marksman
AG
Brauny just tweeted out the ice cream train...
HoustonAg2106
AG
TarponChaser said:

StinkyPinky said:

DallasAg10 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

He also has 2 years of eligibility left. He can put up another similar season to 2024 and potentially improve his velo being about 2 years removed from Tommy John surgery and move himself into the first round and make 3-4x as much on his signing bonus.

This was probably part of the pitch to bring him back in addition to a check that was competitive with what MLB was offering
The Marksman
AG
The Marksman said:

Another one today! Earley and often I reckon...
LB12Diamond
AG
The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

Was the first one yesterday for the Claunch announcement?
TexAg1822
AG
It was for Graeson Register. RHP
RED AG 98
AG
Brauny has clarified that the the ice cream choo choo tweet is only ever for croots.
TarponChaser
The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

This kid?

you moran
AG
TarponChaser said:

The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

This kid?

Luke is a 2025 recruit. Flipped from Tennessee. Or I should say that he was at one time committed to Tennessee.
you moran
AG
Although a recruit and not portal, I'll keep going with it here. Luke is described as a high level 2 way player. He can play almost anywhere. Looks like mostly Catcher, OF, P. Played/plays on a good Prosper team

He was 1st team 6A All-State this year at catcher. His pop numbers behind the plate are above average and he has a strong arm. There are videos on him throwing a guy out trying to steal and then of him playing centerfield and gunning a dude out at home.

I haven't found his offensive stats yet but in addition to being all-state at catcher, he was offensive poy in his district. So I'm guessing his batting numbers were good. Power bat. Exit velo good and increasing. (Test numbers for bat speed and exit velo are in the upper 90s percentile).

I'm not sure if he will be a position player at the next level (right now best position might be catcher) or possibly a pitcher. His pitch profile is intriguing. Fastball up to 94 and sitting low 90s. What's intriguing to me is that his spin rates on his slider and curve are elite (numbers from Prep report).

Looks like he was committed to Tennessee at one point (sophomore) but re-opened his recruitment and has been un-committed for a bit before committing to the Ags today.
you moran
AG
you moran
AG
Against Flower Mound. The dude in the house behind left field is trying to eat dinner. "Honey!! Why tf is there a baseball in my salad!!"

aggiewilliford
you moran said:

Against Flower Mound. The dude in the house behind left field is trying to eat dinner. "Honey!! Why tf is there a baseball in my salad!!"

Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
The Marksman
AG
Reading up on this kid, he's one of the top recruits in Texas and was formerly committed to Tennessee. Huge get for Earley.
The Marksman
AG
The Marksman said:

The Marksman said:

Another one tonight. Earley is at it.
aggiewilliford
Hey Trouble you are gonna love this!

My buddy here in Midland has a son who has played with Register and said the kid is pure talent and has nothing but upside. He said he has Aggie ties (I believe his dad is an Ag) and he loves A&M. I know my buddy would sell his right arm for him to play at his school (OU). Said no one had a chance against the Ags with him. We got ourselves a good one boys!!!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Thanks Abay!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiewilliford
Mark Fairchild said:

Thanks Abay!

Yep. It was Jimmy that told me about him. His son has played some travel ball with him so Jimmy has watched him extensively. Said the kid has barely scratched the surface of what he is truly capable of. He also said that he is very intelligent and is a student of the game. He said there was never any doubt where he would wind up and what coming to A&M means to the family. I have the feeling his dad will be driving up for every home series.
trouble
AG
I like him already!
aggiewilliford
trouble said:

I like him already!

Me too. This is gonna be so much fun!

Sean98
AG
Big get for the Beavs

Thisguy1
Are we thinking we didn't pursue there because of Kent?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.