*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

208,303 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by jkag89
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UnderoosAg said:

I thought it was trouble tech

I have not willingly been through Lubbock since 1993.
trouble
AG
I do like to party.
MR Gadsden
Saw a whole bunch of new posts, got excited. Found out we are just naming a college for Trouble.
Sea Pony 07
AG
University of trouble at Bryan-College Station?
Sean98
AG
Nice get for UT

AgBQ-00
AG
Trouble Alcohol and Baking College

TABC
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
themissinglink
AG
Brother saying he's gained velocity (not sure how much I trust the exact reading but good to see). Brauny said on the radio this morning that he's always been a tall lanky kid playing multiple positions and has really taken off after devoting to pitching and college weight training program.

The Marksman
AG
themissinglink said:

Brother saying he's gained velocity (not sure how much I trust the exact reading but good to see). Brauny said on the radio this morning that he's always been a tall lanky kid playing multiple positions and has really taken off after devoting to pitching and college weight training program.

Freshcorn has a super high ceiling, in my opinion. Could be a major factor out of the bullpen for the Ags.
AgEng06
AG

Sorry.... Here is the tweet he's replying to...
AgEng06
AG
Trying again since it looks like the original was deleted...

AgEng06
AG
STAFF - we gotta figure out this tweet display thing. These issues are ridiculous.
AgBQ-00
AG
have not had these issues before. hmmmmmm
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
themissinglink
AG
.261/.322/.505 with 13 HRs as a freshman.

Had a terrible sophomore season with .169/.229/.221

Hopefully Earley and staff can turn him around and he can be quality depth.
Agmaniacmike12
My guess is at most we add 2 position players(one of the Washington INF and a catcher)

With that being said, wondering where we stand with
INF Aiva Arquette UW
INF Cam Clayton UW
C Connor "Bear" Harrison St. Mary's

May be a tough sell for the UW crew given what we likely have returning there.
RED AG 98
AG
Aiva isn't happening, that's been shot down. Not sure on the other two.
Aggie87
AG
The Marksman said:

themissinglink said:

Freshcorn has a super high ceiling, in my opinion. Could be a major factor out of the bullpen for the Ags.

As long as he ain't serving up cans of corn, we're good!
trouble
AG
Cans of corn are easy catches. We're totally okay with him serving those up.
jmcfar_98
AG
trouble said:

Cans of corn are easy catches. We're totally okay with him serving those up.

She's
CapCityAg89
AG
CapCityAg89
AG
That was the guy that got hated on about being excited for pitching well against us. They lost but he pitched very well 3 Ks, 0 runs in 2 innings. Psyched himself up and folks on the thread thought that too much.

If he can pitch like that for us consistently, I'd take him and his excitement any day.
themissinglink
AG
16.2 IP
13.50 ERA
23 H
25 ER
27 BB
10 SO
.343 BAA
.667 FLD %
you moran
AG
Dude. Come on. Miracle outing against us notwithstanding, here's his numbers last year:

13.50 ERA, 16.2 IP, 27 Walks, 10 K, .343 baa
The Marksman
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

That was the guy that got hated on about being excited for pitching well against us. They lost but he pitched very well 3 Ks, 0 runs in 2 innings. Psyched himself up and folks on the thread thought that too much.

If he can pitch like that for us consistently, I'd take him and his excitement any day.
Absolutely do not want
you moran
AG
Link beat me to it. As for Royo. Need to figure out what happened there. Promising fish year. Not good this year. His fld% doesn't stand out. Hoping we at least get Farr to campus. Build depth.
CapCityAg89
AG
you moran said:

Dude. Come on. Miracle outing against us notwithstanding, here's his numbers last year:

13.50 ERA, 16.2 IP, 27 Walks, 10 K, .343 baa

Ha! I put a conditional on it. "IF" I said. IF.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Two hours left to donate to win dinner with Earley

$$ helps us get portal kids

http://spot.fund/82qrskdc
Killzone3abc
AG
Seems like a solid depth piece

Sean98
AG
Played on the USA collegiate national team this summer?? Ok.
The Marksman
AG
Guy can play outfield as well, very talented player. His 316 with 10 homers last season. I'd expect him to start some games at catcher, possibly even be our top catcher depending on how he and Galloway look in the fall. Great get.
Aggie09Derek
AG
you moran
AG
Royo and George. Depth (at a minimum) willing to come here without a clear path to start. Good adds. The catcher probably has the best chance to get a lot of pt. Good numbers but a big step up in the quality of pitching he will face here. But we needed another Catcher (if not two) and he has versatility as well. Looks like a promising player and has successful college experience and will be heading into year 3 of development/maturity. He and Galloway are going to look small compared to the rest of our gorilla ball lineup (and Galloway is small) but I always like the mighty mites.

Still want one of those highly rated fish SS at a minimum but we are definitely loading up. Earley ain't messing around.
you moran
AG
Of course the draft will be the big thing with respect to just how good our roster will look. But it's looking real good at the moment. Knock on wood. Don't want to speak too soon. Dang draft (and NCAA)
Sean98
AG
I didn't realize how much catching he was doing. In '24 he upped his BA by 25 points and cut his strikeouts in half.

From his ASU Bio for last year:

2023 (Alabama State): Played in 57 games, primarily at catcher and designated hitter...hit .284 with 12 doubles, six home runs and 34 RBI in his freshman campaign...Part of a potent ASU offensive attach that ranked 1st or second in nine statistical categories
you moran
AG
George is from Puerto Rico. He hit .500 against Alabama (2 games) and Auburn. Midweeks but still. He also got to play against the greatest, most legendary team in collegiate history (my 2nd favorite team) and our mirror, Maryland Eastern Shore.
driller4657
Any word on Aschenbeck being able to return?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.