*****Official Transfer Portal Thread*****

208,341 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by jkag89
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huge!!
OKCAGS
Indiana St. has spent the last 10 years building their program into a top 25 team with a chance to host regionals . In the last week they have lost their Head Coach and a whole bunch of really good players …. New age in college baseball.
TAMU1990
AG
We need to portal starting pitching and a lot of it
The Marksman
AG
Definitely need some pitchers, but I'm also confident we will develop some young guys in house too. Wilson, Moss, Morton, and Jackson all look to have bright futures here in Aggieland.
Sean98
AG
The Marksman said:

Definitely need some pitchers, but I'm also confident we will develop some young guys in house too. Wilson, Moss, Morton, and Jackson all look to have bright futures here in Aggieland.

3 of these 4 will likely hit (who knows which 3). Transfer pitchers will fill gaps.
Aggie Dad 26
Fairview20 said:

Hope this works

[/url][url]
Sean98
AG
Randal Diaz, Indiana State. Junior SS. 6', 205#. .360, 18HR, 55 RBI.
Aggie Dad 26
Sean98 said:

Randal Diaz, Indiana State. Junior SS. 6', 205#. .360, 18HR, 55 RBI.

Sumlin has lost control over Indiana State baseball
The Marksman
AG
I would love to go out and get a guy like this to pair with Jace, Gavin, Caden, and Wyatt to make opposing pitchers weep
Sean98
AG
My, oh my how things have changed since my last post here... I'm not going to try to recap things for the last 2 weeks but a few key non-A&M portal happenings the last couple of days that could make things interesting for someone.

• Mitchell Sanford (L/R - RF), New Orleans (formerly LSU). .381/.460/.708 w/21 doubles, 15 HR, 67 RBI
  • Michael Mancini (L/R - 2B), JMU. .329/.419/.586 w/78 hits, 15HR, 49 RBI
  • Jared Spencer (LHP), Indiana St. 6-0, 4.08ERA. 53IP, 72K, 33BB
  • Isaac Humphrey (L/L - RF), Louisville. .310/.412/.565 w/13 doubles, 10 HR
  • Mason Lytle (R/R - CF), UTSA. .347/.372/.580 w/18 doubles, 11 HR, only 21Ks in 266 PA
  • Matt Dallas (LHP - Freshman), Tennessee. 4.76 ERA in 17IP w/22Ks, 10BB, .180 BAA

A bunch of Niagra players hit the portal, as did Campbell. KU's starting shortstop (.275ish hitter). Tons of others that didn't really jingle my bells.
Sean98
AG
And a few more...

• Cade Fisher, (LHP-So.), Florida. 7.13ERA, 59IP, 76K, 29BB, started as their Friday night starter and found himself in the bullpen. Big Talent as a Team USA member with Jace last year.
  • Michael Robertson, (L/R-So. CF), Florida. .256/.319/.380. Big defense in the outfield, struggled unexpectedly at the plate this year (as did all UF players not named Jac)
  • Daniel Dickinson (R/R-So. 2B), Utah Valley. .367/.469/.661. 34BB, 28Ks, 18HRs
southparkaggie
AG
I heard he was in Austin as well. Yes there is risk.
RED AG 98
AG
I think you have many of these Sean but didn't see Ficca from Georgetown on the list.

1B, .344 avg, 11 HRs, 64 RBIs

Sean98
AG
Could be an interesting 2 days as we wind to the end of the regular portal period.

First, people in the 'sip, but really not be happy about the 'sips joining the SEC. Oxford U is losing some players.
  • Liam Doyle, Ole Miss (LHP, So.- weekend starter) 3-4, 5.73ERA. 51IP, 84K, 24BB, .230BAA
  • JT Quinn, Ole Miss (RHP, So - projected ace but struggled, 6'6, 215#) 1-3, 8.84ERA, 19.1IP, 28K, 15BB
  • Andrew Fisher, Ole Miss (3B, So.) .285/.397/.643, 20HR

• Josh Paino, Cal Baptist (SS - already committed to Clemson) .296, 11HR
  • Kyle Walker, Grambling (2B, So. - TEAM USA) .368, 74H, 12HR, 12SB
  • Cody Schrier, UCLA (SS, Jr. - 6'1, 215) .242/.320/.354. 64Analytics has him as the #22 portal (??)
  • Cade Sullivan, W.Mich (1B, Sr. 6'4, 205) .387/.487/.599, 10HR, 54RBI, 39BB, 30K
  • Emiliano Gonzalez, San Diego (C, Sr., 5'10, 185) .321/.393/.491

and former LSU catcher Brady Neal has committed to Bama, so he's off the board.
Fairview20
AG
Interesting portal commit for Texas - Thomas Burns from ASU.

If I remember right, this was the guy that started the Friday night game vs us that had great stuff but was a bit of a headcase. I want to say this was the game Braden got HBP in back to back ABs. I remember at the time thinking we should take a hard look at him if he ever made it in the portal, but due to his trash talking/ borderline intentional HBPs it'd be a non starter for us.

I guess Schloss/Max kept him in mind all season.
Sean98
AG
Zach Root, LHP, ECU just committed to WooPig.
OlWhatsHisNuts
Looks like Jace is back too. According to his last Snapchat post.
Cen-Tex
AG
Like granpa used to say "Ich hoffe ja." (I hope so)
phatty26
Emiliano Gonzalez, San Diego (C, Sr., 5'10, 185) .321/.393/.491
This kid needs to be a priority!
phatty26
Current San Diego catcher was teammate of Ali in LLWS.
TXAGBQ76
AG
His mom and he said on TA yesterday they have a number, if the drafting declines to pay it, he's coming back
Sean98
AG
He'll have those discussions prior to the draft then. Because teams cannot afford to forfeit their bonus pool money (which they do if they fail to sign a pick in the first 10 rounds).
Who?mikejones!
Nothing to see here.
Sean98
AG
That was days ago, fyi.

I bet Jace got calls from 20 teams. And the only reason he didn't get calls from 304 other teams is because they're terrified of his greatness.
Who?mikejones!
Thanks. I'll delete
Sean98
AG
Sean98
AG
Thatcher Hurd, LSU just hit the portal. ...this is the portal we live in now. He's a top 3 round pick. The portal is just as much about MLB leverage through NIL as it is team to team in college.
Sean98
AG
Gavin Grahovac (3B, Fr.) Texas A&M - withdrawn from portal
Killzone3abc
AG
Is he though? He struggled mightily this year. Wasn't crazy impressive last year either. I know the announcers raved about him, but being a top 3 round pick would be surprising to me.
Mr.Ackar07
Killzone3abc said:

Is he though? He struggled mightily this year. Wasn't crazy impressive last year either. I know the announcers raved about him, but being a top 3 round pick would be surprising to me.
Sometimes it is about potential instead of results. Dettmer was a Round 5 pick even though his results were all over the board with the Aggies.
Killzone3abc
AG
True
Sean98
AG
MLB is traditionally much more focused on tools than college stats. Brandyn Garcia couldn't break the rotation for us last year in our worst pitching season of the century, threw to about a 6ERA... he's about to be promoted to AAA in less than a year as a starter with a 6-0 record and a sub 2 ERA.
SWAGBOT
AG
Does baseball have a Fall/Winter transfer window as well or is this the only one?
Killzone3abc
AG
I've been stat watching Garcia. He's been doing great in the minors so far. He looked really good late for us, but certianly didnt expect that from him. Actually several of our drafted pitchers feom the last 3 seasons are doing well. Palish is another. Iirc Johnston had some solid stats too and he was also a late selection.
Seanzy2012
AG
Sean98 said:

Gavin Grahovac (3B, Fr.) Texas A&M - withdrawn from portal

We're getting some big sticks coming back! Hope to hear Jace soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.