will we make the tournament?

34,290 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aginlakeway
nereus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

nereus said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

TexasAggie81 said:

D1 Baseball now has us as a 3 seed in Austin. There would need to be a lot of spoilers to keep up out at this point.

If they have us as the 3 seed in the number 16 regional that means we are just missing the cut to be a 2 seed

I'd rather be a 3 seed at number 16 than a 2 seed at 3 or 4

That is not how it works. They have us as the 3 seed in Austin because we are geographically close to Austin, not because they think we are the top 3 seed.

I would hope it's a mix of both. If I was the top overall seed and ended up with the best 2 and 3 seeds just because of proximity that would be crap

It would be crap, but it could happen. The committee usually does a pretty good job of minimizing plane trips (as they are instructed to do). Occasionally they have had an extra one than strictly needed, but usually they minimize them. Now if they have options that don't add an additional plane trips…in those situations you sometimes see them send the easier teams to the better hosts.

Also FYI, if you were to make a true S curve, the top team should have the worst 2, best 3, and worst 4. The worst host should have the best 2, worst 3, and best 4 seeds.
Sq 17
Glad the game is tomorrow we are all overthinking the brackets
Maybe sip goes 2 & Q and we are off stillwater
Agdad081216
Just win. I want June AGGIE BASEBALL.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Hornbeck
AG
Pretty sure you just got your wish. RPI is now 32.
aginlakeway
AG
We're in. Book it.
tjack16
AG
We will be in Omaha. Calling it now
Hornbeck
AG
tjack16 said:

We will be in Omaha. Calling it now

You sure about that, Clark?
AggieCrew44
AG
At this point the goal is to get a 2 seed. It's within reach
Farmer1906
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

Not really much difference in a 2/3 seed. We're very likely in now so let's just hope the committee doesn't give us a tough regional.
aginlakeway
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

Not really much difference in a 2/3 seed. We're very likely in now so let's just hope the committee doesn't give us a tough regional.

We want Texas. Imo.
AggieCrew44
AG
You get to be the home team game one. It matters
Farmer1906
AG
aginlakeway said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

We want Texas. Imo.

Yup. On paper the easiest host. Close. And we'll be extra extra motivated… if that's possible since it's already postseason play.
dixichkn
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

If by within reach you mean "need to win the tourney championship", I'll buy that
twk
AG
Farmer1906 said:

aginlakeway said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

We want Texas. Imo.

Yup. On paper the easiest host. Close. And we'll be extra extra motivated… if that's possible since it's already postseason play.
Easiest host for the regional, but if they are paired with Wake, that's a pretty daunting task for the super. I'd rather have OSU as a little higher seed.

The big difference between being a 2 and a 3 is that your opponent in the first round isn't coming out of that pool of teams that almost made the cut to host. Sometimes, that doesn't matter if you end up with a 3 seed that has caught fire, but, statistically, you'd rather be the 2.
AggieCrew44
AG
dixichkn said:

AggieCrew44 said:

If by within reach you mean "need to win the tourney championship", I'll buy that
Our RPI is 32 with 15 SEC wins. We aren't that far off
Farmer1906
AG
twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

aginlakeway said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

We want Texas. Imo.

Easiest host for the regional, but if they are paired with Wake, that's a pretty daunting task for the super. I'd rather have OSU as a little higher seed.

The big difference between being a 2 and a 3 is that your opponent in the first round isn't coming out of that pool of teams that almost made the cut to host. Sometimes, that doesn't matter if you end up with a 3 seed that has caught fire, but, statistically, you'd rather be the 2.

Plenty of times 3 seeds are better than 2 seeds. Sometimes is poor ranking. Sometimes it's for regional purposes. Wake is good, but I can't say I'd rather face Lsu or Arkansas.

Maybe slightly, but there isn't a huge difference like 3/4 or 1/2.
jah003
S
Farmer1906 said:

aginlakeway said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

We want Texas. Imo.

I mean I'll be there if the Ags end up at disch faulk but *********if don't hate that ****ing field. Something about being there just sucks all the life out of you.

Last time they didn't give any ****s about our bubble machines against Indiana… but when the Ags played the sips suddenly there were no longer allowed.
CampingAg
AG
jah003 said:

Farmer1906 said:

aginlakeway said:

Farmer1906 said:

AggieCrew44 said:

We want Texas. Imo.

I mean I'll be there if the Ags end up at disch faulk but *********if don't hate that ****ing field. Something about being there just sucks all the life out of you.

Last time they didn't give any ****s about our bubble machines against Indiana… but when the Ags played the sips suddenly there were no longer allowed.
Carpet and concrete. Great baseball atmosphere.
W
AG
while we're discussing potential regional locations for the Ags...

perhaps a darkhorse would be Miami.

right now it looks like both the 2-seed and 3-seed will have to be flown in
Agdad081216
Hmmmm if they see we are this good and tu will lose I'm sure….
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
tjack16
AG
I personally hope we go to Austin.
ftworthag02
AG
all I know is that I wouldn't want to play tcu right now. They're beating kstate 16-3 in the 6th.
5/5 fullerton L 2-1
5/6 fullteron W 13-4
5/7 fullerton W 6-1
5/12 baylor W 5-1 (I know baylor sucks)
5/13 baylor W 2-1
5/14 baylor W10-4
5/16 tx st W 8-2
5/18 ksu L 7-6
5/19 ksu W 8-1
5/20 ksu W 4-3

Luke The Drifter
AG
They're definitely on a heater, but those are all fairly so-so teams.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
ftworthag02
AG
true
PhatMack19
AG
ftworthag02 said:

all I know is that I wouldn't want to play tcu right now. They're beating kstate 16-3 in the 6th.

Serious Lee
just realized South Carolina is 4-5-1 in SEC series. Ags are 6-4. One is (was) in host consideration and the other was thought to be a bubble team a day ago. We're actually probly not far off at all from a 2 seed.
W
AG
standby on the Austin regional
aginlakeway
AG
W said:

standby on the Austin regional

Yep. Bad loss today.
PhatMack19
AG
wareagle044
Could SEC tourney win boost to hosting
Farmer1906
AG
wareagle044 said:

I can't see it.
twk
AG
wareagle044 said:

No
MarathonAg12
Farmer1906 said:

wareagle044 said:

I can't see it.

Low key rooting for sips so I can go to every game the Aggies play in during the Austin regional.

Even when they need them to win they screw that up
amercer
AG
So we are in?

Or are we just in "well if we get left out it will be a slight of historical proportions" kind of territory?
HeyAbbott
AG
We are in

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.