will we make the tournament?

34,265 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aginlakeway
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bingo. VERY weak bubble this year.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Sea Pony 07
AG
I would love to go to DBU for a regional.
AgBQ-00
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

Would be awesome. I would be able to go to the games if so.
W
AG
going to the DBU regional would be quite a gift from the committee

shades of 2017
nereus
AG
It is a beautiful park for a smaller school, but it is very small. Tickets might be hard to get.
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

shades of 2017

Not sure we have the pitching to beat DBU. Those dudes can rake. Bandbox of a stadium - wind typically blows out.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
t - cam
AG
1 Texas regional and it's dbu. That would be pretty crazy.
aginlakeway
AG
We're not even among the last 5 in. Wow.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

shades of 2017

Not sure we have the pitching to beat DBU. Those dudes can rake. Bandbox of a stadium - wind typically blows out.
They could send the sips there, although they went to DBU a few years back, if memory serves.
75AG
AG
aginlakeway said:

Wonder where we'll be after this upcoming weekend?
Sq 17
Sea Pony 07 said:

I would love to go ANYWHERE for a regional
Sq 17
aginlakeway said:

But we are listed as a "3" so definitely among the last ones in
aginlakeway
AG
75AG said:

aginlakeway said:

Wonder where we'll be after this upcoming weekend?

From what I am seeing here, we may be in if we win 2 of 3. But it's anyone's guess.

I prefer to remain optimistic. Nothing I can do about it anyway ...
75AG
AG
Man, I'm trying to be optimistic. This team may COMPLETELY surprise me this weekend and during the SEC Tournament.
TXAggie2011
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

The people that run this website/podcast are former players and are very plugged in. We are not even last 5 in. They even discuss how it's a very bizarre year in that there are a lot of Power 4 conference teams with good RPI's and bad conference records, hence the extremely weak bubble. They think the SEC cutoff will be 13 wins, including conference tourney wins.

They have Georgia and Mizzou both in first 5 out, so they both still have chances

I don't think 13 wins would do it for us as our RPI would be in much worse shape than Georgia and Mizzou in that scenario given our bad non-con losses, but 14 we are pretty safe barring an absurd amount of bid stealing
Some of my thoughts on this bracket:

1) I'm not sure I fully see the current argument for Dallas Baptist to host over Indiana State, apart from C-USA is marginally a better conference than the MVU this season.

2) Oklahoma State hosting feels like a bit of a stretch at this point in time but could help lock it down this weekend with Bedlam.

3) Northeastern as 2 feel a bit like a stretch.

4) Louisville is probably closer to dragging themselves into the discussion than they're giving them credit if they also think Georgia and Missouri are on the bubble.

5) Georgia Tech has solidly been on the up and up and can play themselves out of the "Last 5 in" this weekend.

6) Arizona State or UCLA will stop their free-fall and play themselves onto the bubble in their series this weekend...unless I've missed it, they're not looking at ASU as much of a bubble team right now.

In general, I think there's more competition on the bubble from within the better conferences than they appear to think.
Luke The Drifter
AG
twk said:

Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

shades of 2017

They could send the sips there, although they went to DBU a few years back, if memory serves.

I don't think Texas ever went to DBU, but DBU was in Austin last year.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
Luke The Drifter said:

twk said:

Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

shades of 2017

I don't think Texas ever went to DBU, but DBU was in Austin last year.
sippe was the #3 seed when DBU hosted in 2015. The #4 Virginia Commonwealth actually won that regional.
W
AG
there could be more bid-stealing this year than in past years

because C-USA and the AAC are really down

each league has only 1 team in the top 50...DBU in C-USA and East Carolina in the AAC

the C-USA tournament format will require DBU to win 4 games to earn the auto bid

same thing in the AAC. East Carolina has to win 4 games.

which means plenty of opportunities for an upset
TAMU1990
AG
Sq 17 said:

aginlakeway said:

But we are listed as a "3" so definitely among the last ones in

There are sixteen 3 seeds
Sq 17
I thought most of
The three seeds were Auto-Qualifiers
I was Wrong it looks like only a few of the 3's are auto qualifiers
Aggieair
Yup. 4 seeds are always filled by the AQs from minor conferences since they have 100+ RPIs. I can't think of any examples of an at-large team being a 4 seed since the field expanded to 64.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I'm a bit worried we miss out this year.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

The people that run this website/podcast are former players and are very plugged in. We are not even last 5 in. They even discuss how it's a very bizarre year in that there are a lot of Power 4 conference teams with good RPI's and bad conference records, hence the extremely weak bubble. They think the SEC cutoff will be 13 wins, including conference tourney wins.

They have Georgia and Mizzou both in first 5 out, so they both still have chances

I don't think 13 wins would do it for us as our RPI would be in much worse shape than Georgia and Mizzou in that scenario given our bad non-con losses, but 14 we are pretty safe barring an absurd amount of bid stealing
Well if you look at that bracket, we are the last at-large team in if the "S curve" is employed. All of the 4 seeds are conference champs. If you get a few upsets in the one bid leagues if DBU & Coastal don't win their conference tournaments, we are very likely out.
I know NOTHING!!!!
jkag89
Reading far too much into one projection of many out there. If the Aggies sweep State, we're in. Win the Series, bubble and likely need to win a game or two in Hoover. Lose the series in Starkville, will need to win the SEC Tournament.
Sea Pony 07
AG
This is pretty much what I think also.
AggieCrew44
AG
All you have to do is win the series. This isn't basketball. You aren't getting punished for winning series

A win in Hoover would put the stamp on it but probably unnecessary
Agdad081216
The best 3 seed gets the 16th 1 seed. Except in baseball no fly rules lol.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
W
AG
listening to the D1 guys...

they think the Pac-12 has a shot at a second host via Oregon State...despite a current RPI of #30

also think that Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee are in the mix to host if they win their series this weekend and make a run at Hoover

those things would squeeze out the mid-majors from hosting
HJack20
AG
If anything, the sips will be sent to DBU. The committee won't resist the opportunity to give them a path to Omaha playing only mid-majors! Just like last year
AgEng06
AG
HJack20 said:

If anything, the sips will be sent to DBU. The committee won't resist the opportunity to give them a path to Omaha playing only mid-majors! Just like last year

Yeah, but then what happened?
phatty26
Texas as a 2 seed is a joke
Agsttt
phatty26 said:

Why's that?
t - cam
AG
Agsttt said:

phatty26 said:

Why's that?

I know, I guess we have to say this on any thread that may involve Texas.
Luke The Drifter
AG
phatty26 said:

Because you think they should be a 1-seed???

EMY92
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.