*** 2023 Softball Roster Updates, Transfers, New Signees ***

127,721 Views | 475 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by hipnix
dodger02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping to transfer the conversation about the evolving softball roster from the new coach thread to this one.

Post any updates, questions, conversations about the evolving softball roster to this thread and keep the other one for coaching news.

Thanks & Gig 'Em!
vinmac300
Cayden Baker officially announced on her IG 2 days ago that she has entered the portal….
vinmac300
…and Mariana Torres tweeted her portal entry on 5/31
KBAGOLFER
Thanks Dodger
KayakBassAngling
dodger02
AG
Yes. Here's the 'gram:

https://instagr.am/p/CfHnhl_gBoa
Sean98
AG
dodger02 said:

Hoping to transfer the conversation about the evolving softball roster from the new coach thread to this one.

Post any updates, questions, conversations about the evolving softball roster to this thread and keep the other one for coaching news.

Thanks & Gig 'Em!
Actual name checks out... girl's sport, girl's name.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Lots of talk that Cydney Sanders (ASU) is headed to OU. I hope it isn't true. Was really hoping Ford could bring her here.
fitzwatema
AG
Thanks for starting this thread.
sharpdressedman
SeenNotHeard said:

Lots of talk that Cydney Sanders (ASU) is headed to OU. I hope it isn't true. Was really hoping Ford could bring her here.
Gasso will rule until she retires.
KBAGOLFER
sharpdressedman said:

SeenNotHeard said:

Gasso will rule until she retires.

She absolutely will but A&M should've won game 1 in that regional, which would've made them have to beat A&M 2x

That was with a Lame Duck Staff, our girls are GOOD, they just have to get the Belief they are and listening to Coach Ford, I believe she's the one who will get it out of them.

I'll have my season tickets for sure
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
Time to start watching the CO Sparkler, Independence Day coverage from CO. You want to see some of the best softball players young and older, good place to start…

Nationals next month is also a great place too
KayakBassAngling
java94
AG
Cayden Baker has announced she is going to GA Tech. That didn't take long...

Wooahhhh
AG
Is that only shown online on one of the sb websites, Flosoftball or something? I'm not sure of the name.
dodger02
AG
Some games are on ESPN's streaming service.
Cole9335
AG
Looks like 2023 pitching recruit, Natalia Puchino, has decommitted and is now going to Creighton in the fall.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Haley Lee is reportedly in the Portal
Ag4eva95
I don't understand how we are losing quality pieces, no transfer or commitment announcements. She better start announcing something soon. With the hold out, I am expecting something big sooner than later.
Colt98
AG
I figured once Haley went to florida this summer she would find a new home to play at.
GigMe03
Truly heartbreaking. My jaw dropped when I saw the news on twitter. I wish her nothing but success but she is a huge loss to the program.
GigMe03
Is there any other update on the ASU transfers? Will Mack Morgan and Lopez transfer in?
ashleymac
Lee hitting the portal with no word on anyone transferring in. I'm not sure how the timing on this typically works, but this isn't inspiring confidence in our new hire.

Hopefully things start to look better soon. But as of right now it's kind of yikes.
KBAGOLFER
Hard loss, if she does decide to leave. Stinks because Coach Ford went and saw her and Em and then tweeted about, but Lee has probably got NIL Money from someone or just wanted a change.

Coach Ford, PAC 12 COY, Host of Regionals and Super Regionals. So hope she upgrades in her college coaching staff because she won't upgrade in the BEST UNIVERSITY ON THE PLANET
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
Lee has already graduated and was in a masters... so she will always be an Aggie. Best of luck.
KBAGOLFER
Colt98 said:

Lee has already graduated and was in a masters... so she will always be an Aggie. Best of luck.

Absolutely, but no better place to get her masters than A&M
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
What is alarming is that it doesn't look like anybody from ASU will follow her here!!!!!

She can't keep Herzog or Lee!!
KBAGOLFER
AgDad77 said:

What is alarming is that it doesn't look like anybody from ASU will follow her here!!!!!

Just wait…
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
On what??
dodger02
AG
July?

Stop with the sky is falling routine.
AgDad77
AG
What the hell are you talking about the sky is falling routine??

Where is that even evident??
Belton Ag
AG
AgDad77 said:

Hadn't seen that Herzog was gone. Oh well.
Wooahhhh
AG
thanks dodger02
rhp
AG
https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/30/oklahoma-sooners-softball-texas-am-aggies-haley-lee-transfer-portal-lynnsie-elam-kinzie-hansen-jocelyn-alo-hope-trautwein-alex-storako-alynah-torres/
KBAGOLFER
Last day for spring sport players to inter the portal is today. Athletes don't have to ever announce where they are going. The staff, program, and 12th Man App will put it out, but depending on the player they will just show up on campus, just keep that in mind
KayakBassAngling
greg.w.h
AG
The portal isn't publicly accessible, so all information is from some kind of leak or announcement.
BigBubbaAggie82
With Lee checking out I can see Sanders competing for first base. If so that would also also replace Lee's bat in the line up as well. From what I'm told Ford makes every player earn their position, regardless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.