Bubble Watch

130,809 Views | 1067 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SABUILDERAG
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HossAg said:

When did I say UT for Tennessee is wrong? I just implied that it doesn't make one a sip lover to call them UTK or UTN since Texas is more well known as UT.
You literally agreed in your first response in the quoted part.
HossAg
AG
Yes, I agreed that UT is correct per Tennessee's website who's address is utk.edu. What's your point? I was never arguing against that.
Method Man
Yes
miller0926
AG
For the first time this season, we are IN in the bracketmatrix
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Yes, and I would think we will work our way further in if by the Wednesday update as everything updates. It's hard to argue we don't have a tournament resume for now. If we lose Wednesday that may change a bit depending on how everyone else does.
t - cam
AG
Based on an update from sports center it seems Lunardi has moved us up a whole seed line. We weren't listed in first four out, last four in or last four byes.
PJYoung
AG
t - cam said:

Based on an update from sports center it seems Lunardi has moved us up a whole seed line. We weren't listed in first four out, last four in or last four byes.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Ya it's actually kinda humorous that without us playing a game since his last update he moved us from his very last team in (#46) all the way up to the top 10 seed #37. I mean I know the teams are tightly bunched together but at least try to be consistent and logical in the approach. This is why people need to stop giving him as much credit as they do. He is wildly inconsistent, refuses to move teams when the resume clearly indicates it and then makes wild over corrections. And then of course will claim at the end that his secret formula that no one can know was right all along. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with where we are in his bracket but he is just as full of it as any of 100s of other guys attempting to estimate this.
Topher17
AG
Yet half this site will have you thinking he's the one actually picking the teams!
bobinator
AG
The thing I hate most about Lunardi isn't even his fault and it's why ESPN gives him the platform they do. For the CFP like everyone that works at ESPN gives their thoughts, they even have two people for fake NFL drafts. But NCAA tournament? One guy.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
And been that way for what….at least 25 years?

There are a lot of things I hate about it but number one to me is that he has moved the bracketology discussion to preseason bracket projections and doing mocks in November based on….. some combination of results that have happened and wild speculation about what teams might figure it out. And then sometime in December switches to actual results that have happened.

Just let the season play out a bit, we don't need to know in November that a 5-3 Michigan state is a projected 6 seed projected to play Syracuse in Greeneville in the South region.

It would be like if people took the bowl projections seriously In the preseason and early September in football. At least in baseball no one really pays attention to mocks until like late April at the earliest… you kinda know where you are in the RPI and you know where you are in the conference championships and you have that to cheer for.
t - cam
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

And been that way for what….at least 25 years?

There are a lot of things I hate about it but number one to me is that he has moved the bracketology discussion to preseason bracket projections and doing mocks in November based on….. some combination of results that have happened and wild speculation about what teams might figure it out. And then sometime in December switches to actual results that have happened.

Just let the season play out a bit, we don't need to know in November that a 5-3 Michigan state is a projected 6 seed projected to play Syracuse in Greeneville in the South region.

It would be like if people took the bowl projections seriously In the preseason and early September in football. At least in baseball no one really pays attention to mocks until like late April at the earliest… you kinda know where you are in the RPI and you know where you are in the conference championships and you have that to cheer for.

As a college basketball junkie I like as much content I can get so I'll take a July bracketology if I can get it.
wacarnolds
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

people need to stop giving him as much credit as they do.

This x a million

Next person that posts a lunardi bracket needs to get pistol whipped
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
I mean I get that and sure I'll look at a preseason football top 25 in spring ball too…. But like we shouldn't take it seriously and for some reason our fans more than most take those projections as gospel more so than in other sports.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG

Ya but my brackets are cheeky and fun
t - cam
AG
wacarnolds said:

ColleyvilleAg06 said:

people need to stop giving him as much credit as they do.

This x a million

Next person that posts a lunardi bracket needs to get pistol whipped

Lunardi is just something fun to follow along with as the season unwinds and he is actually pretty good at. It's fun to get included and this year is more fun than most since we were absolute dead in the water at Christmas.
wacarnolds
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

Ya but my brackets are cheeky and fun

Me on Selection Sunday when they've announced 3 of the 4 regions and we ain't seen a live shot of buzz dancing yet

bobinator
AG
He is okay at it, but that's why I think it's insane that he's the only voice at ESPN. For a network that thrives on debate you'd think we could get at least one more person on there.

Instead, it's one guy, and because of how much of college basketball ESPN owns he basically sets the narrative on bubble teams.

Imagine that for football. Like them interrupting every broadcast to have the same person come on live to discuss how that game impacts the bowl picture or whatever. It's nuts.
Method Man
They prob pay him like $30K a year like we do Will Johnson.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Please don't give them any ideas.
miller0926
AG
2/15 Update

bullard21k
AG
If you had to guess what do you think our SOS will be before sect?

55ish?
t - cam
AG
bullard21k said:

If you had to guess what do you think our SOS will be before sect?

55ish?

We go up a ton the next 6.
GigEmMortis
AG
With Auburn's decimation of Mizzou last night, they moved up to NET 27 giving us another Quad 1 win. Now 3-4
AggieCrew44
AG
DePaul lost to St John's after they hit a buzzer beater to go to OT. DePaul had a shot at moving to Q2 as their remaining 4 games are all top 20 NET teams but that's probably squashed now
NyAggie
AG
Auburn's jump back into the top 30 of NET after smahing mizzou has now given us a 3rd Q1 win.

Nice!

Adam87inSA
AG
Vandy has caught fire. Could eventually become a Q2 win for us?
Fairview20
AG
Their schedule gets tough down the stretch, but that also means they won't take anymore bad losses as long as they beat LSU.

If they can pick up one or two unexpected wins I think they might be able to.
AgLA06
AG
I think just winning 3 remaining easiest games makes this a worry free selection Sunday.

Beat Arky, Mizzou, and Miss St. and anything else is purely a seeding bonus.
bobinator
AG
13 to be really safe is what people have been saying the whole way.
AgLA06
AG
bobinator said:

13 to be really safe is what people have been saying the whole way.
Sure. The talk seems to have shifted to needing a marque win.

13-5 / 21-10 should do it at this point with our SEC standings, Net, and SOS.

With UT and Auburn's remaining schedule, it would all but ensure a #2 finish in the SEC regular conference.
Complete Idiot
Until we actually hit 13 SEC wins, every game feels do or die. Losing tonight AT HOME, then having to finish 3-2, would cause me to clench up as a fan. Winning tonight and feeling like we only need 2 wins in the last 5, it's almost like a night and day feeling but even those 2 wins are up in the air.

HossAg
AG
I've considered every game recently to be must win just because a loss would force us to probably have to win at least 1 game we're really not supposed to win.
t - cam
AG
If we want to win the league we need to win out.
Complete Idiot
HossAg said:

I've considered every game recently to be must win just because a loss would force us to probably have to win at least 1 game we're really not supposed to win.
For sure.

I guess ever since the Wofford loss I've mentally gone into almost every game thinking we HAVE to win, but we are now down to true crunch time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.