Bubble Watch

129,965 Views | 1067 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SABUILDERAG
phatbc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I dont see ANY reason to seed Tenn higher than us
zooguy96
phatbc said:

We have 2 quad 4 losses. They don't.
miller0926
AG
just noticed UAB is favored over Florida Atlantic today
The Lost
zooguy96 said:

phatbc said:

This. And wins over Kansas Texas usc and maryland. Complete opposite non cons
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
miller0926 said:

They can't. Top 4 in each conference have to be in different regions.

UH-Baylor/Sips-TCU-Ags all in the same region is technically possible though (so you can have 4 of those 5)

This is only partially true. The top 4 from a conference are in different regions only if on the top 4 seed lines.

You won't neccisarily see Boise state, Utah state and San Diego state spread out.

Alabama and Tennessee won't be in the same region. Assuming we are not a 4 or higher we could absolutely be in one of their regions.
phatbc
zooguy96 said:

phatbc said:

I knew this response but I'll say it again and maybe rephrase it. I don't see any reason the CURRENT Tenn team should be seeded higher than the Ags. To continue pretending like the first half of the season should have equal or more weight to the second half is blasphemous. If that's what the committee thinks, they wrong.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
phatbc said:

To continue pretending like the first half of the season should have equal or more weight to the second half is blasphemous. If that's what the committee thinks, they wrong.
It isn't what the committee "thinks". It is an actual, literal rule.

Losing to Wofford in November means the same thing as losing to Wofford yesterday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3366922

Final seed list and bracket projection posted. I will note on that thread any changes based on the a10 or ivy championship games. I dont think the other 3 games will affect seeding.
Method Man
How do you come up with these projections?
rathAG05
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

phatbc said:

To continue pretending like the first half of the season should have equal or more weight to the second half is blasphemous. If that's what the committee thinks, they wrong.
It isn't what the committee "thinks". It is an actual, literal rule.

Losing to Wofford in November means the same thing as losing to Wofford yesterday.

No it doesn't. We've seen this time and time again.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
I seed the teams 1-68. Then follow the published bracketing procedures listed by the ncaa to give geographical preference to the top seeds, avoid conference matchups and rematches (I may have missed some here) and ensure some level of competitive balance between the regions.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
What are you talking about? We quite literally have seen time and time again that conference tournaments matter less than November. Those non conference games absolutely are weighted at least equally. There has never been an occurrence where the committee has said - ya they had a good win/ bad loss but that was in November so it's not as important.

The only exception to this would be to account for injuries to say well they didn't have a certain player in November and now they do, but that's the same exception they make at any time of year.
Method Man
Thank you.
Sotero-Judges
It's that time, Ags, when we have to pretend to take the NCAA basketball shenanigans/decisions/officiating seriously for a few weeks.

dixichkn
AG
I am far from a "bracket genius" and am actually visiting this thread for the first time right now.

So I see Looney-ardi on TV a little while ago talking about "I can see moving tu up into a 1 seed if Purdue goes down today"……. So if the committee guys have already seeded everything prior to today and made their minds up, and the conference tourney results have little to no bearing, how can this be?
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
It feels like they are making more of an effort this year to spread propaganda that they are taking the Saturday and Sunday games into consideration. I will believe it when I see it.
DukeMu

SABUILDERAG
dixichkn said:

I am far from a "bracket genius" and am actually visiting this thread for the first time right now.

So I see Looney-ardi on TV a little while ago talking about "I can see moving tu up into a 1 seed if Purdue goes down today"……. So if the committee guys have already seeded everything prior to today and made their minds up, and the conference tourney results have little to no bearing, how can this be?

He is a propaganda (formerly media) guy. He is simply trying to keep interest up and eyeballs glued.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.