***Official Open Championship Thread 2026***

25,080 Views | 468 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by cb1919
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cb1919 said:

This place is going to go nuts with Fleetwood climbing the leaderboard


Love me some "Fairway Jesus"!!!
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tron booking a flight to England right now im sure
cb1919
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty sure he said last night that was already booked
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scotties putter is just absolute dog **** at this point in time.
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would like to see Fleetwood in the hunt tomorrow. It would make a captivating finish.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, the putter is the only reason Scottie isn't already sitting on 8-9 majors vs 4.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bryson wasn't going to miss right on 5 today lol
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh no. The straight down the middle commercial barage has begun
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fleetwood dresses like he stopped at Goodwill on the way to the course and bought whatever they had available, regardless of size
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Herbert's caddie looks like an old stoned hippie boat captain.
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am no Bryson fan, not by a long shot. But that penalty was at worst, BS and at best, would not have been equally enforced.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually pulling him for him now.
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing that makes this tournament hard to watch is that you can never see the ball. Really annoying.
cman1494
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scottie can't buy a birdie putt
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scottie is putting very well today…just making absolutely nothing
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also this is no one's fault but the only thing that makes the British Open really fun is if the weather is really bad. This perfect weather and the rough being so thin and wispy isn't exciting.
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scottie is likely going to win this. He's playing the best out of anyone, he just hasn't gotten anything to go in. But he'll eventually throw some darts and also make a handful of 15-25 footers and come out on top probably.
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enrico Pallazzo said:

Fleetwood dresses like he stopped at Goodwill on the way to the course and bought whatever they had available, regardless of size


The Blackstone hat is the worst. And is he wearing sunday red stuff? He looks like a hobo
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
watty said:

Scottie is likely going to win this. He's playing the best out of anyone, he just hasn't gotten anything to go in. But he'll eventually throw some darts and also make a handful of 15-25 footers and come out on top probably.


Yeah. Can't sleep on Scottie. He's putted like dog**** and is still only 3 back. If he can get a couple to fall, watch out.
Sooper Jeenyus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tailgate88 said:

I am no Bryson fan, not by a long shot. But that penalty was at worst, BS and at best, would not have been equally enforced.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually pulling him for him now.
"You are not alone,
I am here with you.

Though I'm far away…"
3AgDad81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What has Bryson done to make people dislike him? I enjoy his interactions with the fans, and his YouTube videos seem light and fun, not controversial at all.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He challenged the authority of golf. And he's weird as ****.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting to see the reactions continue today. You've got guys like Xander and Max saying they don't understand the penalty, he addressed the ball in high grass like anyone else would, then you've got Rory saying he isn't fond of Bryson and the penalty was absolutely deserved and he 'held the tournament hostage.'

Rory and Brandel should do a podcast together. Two peas in a pod. The true guardians of the sanctity of golf.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3AgDad81 said:

What has Bryson done to make people dislike him? I enjoy his interactions with the fans, and his YouTube videos seem light and fun, not controversial at all.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/how-bryson-dechambeau-became-golfs-top-villain/
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't mistake agreeing with the ruling with disliking him. Personally, I just like seeing someone finally enforce the rules, because with both the PGA and USGA, these guys playing games with mashing stuff down behind their lie is going too far.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And fwiw, I was calling Wyndham Clark out for it in the US Open thread.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope Bryson overcomes the 2 stroke penalty and wins but yeah, him losing by 1 would be total chaos.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would also say if anybody can overcome a 2 stroke penalty on a Friday it's not Bryson.
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would think most players would take the side of the player in something like this because they don't want to be the one that gets screwed over next time. If the rules officials and just assign a penalty on something that isn't clear cut, it's a horrible precedent. I understand them of assigning penalties after the fact in cases where it is clear-cut or obvious. When they did it to Tiger, it was because he flat out said that he dropped in the wrong spot. But something like this, it would worry me as a fellow player.
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3AgDad81 said:

What has Bryson done to make people dislike him? I enjoy his interactions with the fans, and his YouTube videos seem light and fun, not controversial at all.


It goes back to long before his YouTube account and LIV. He's also been a little weird. Tends to complain a lot. Doesn't always read the room well and can make dumb statements. Just rubbed people the wrong way. Famously had a feud with Brooks with fans following him around screaming "Brooksy" at him.

If anything, going to LIV seems to have improved his standing with the average fan. Seems to be a true "distance makes the heart grow fonder" guy.
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I lol'd
cb1919
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
watty said:

I would think most players would take the side of the player in something like this because they don't want to be the one that gets screwed over next time. If the rules officials and just assign a penalty on something that isn't clear cut, it's a horrible precedent. I understand them of assigning penalties after the fact in cases where it is clear-cut or obvious. When they did it to Tiger, it was because he flat out said that he dropped in the wrong spot. But something like this, it would worry me as a fellow player.


You say this fresh off Rory saying in an interview he was watching it live with other players that all immediately thought that didn't look right
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back to Scottie, did they say yesterday that he was like 150th in SG putting? I might be making that up but thought I heard it. If so, yeah he's definitely winning haha. Within 3 despite putting that bad would be insane.
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I said "most." And seemingly a lot are on his side. You only read what you want to read.
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Quote:

Hopefully it was careless, but I think the two-shot penalty was justified for sure."

Added this on everything that played out after the round: "I won't pretend to be up here and defend Bryson. I'm not particularly fond of him. I think a lot of it's performative. I think a lot of it's for attention.

"To hold the tournament hostage like that, and to have all of us, players, volunteers, everyone waiting on him to depart, I didn't feel like it was a great look."

When asked if he thinks Bryson knew what he was doing: "I'm not in his mind. I'm not in his -- but it didn't look good."

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.