Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets - Swing and Longer Term Trades

139,147 Views | 896 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by AW 1880
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Any opinions on any of these 3?

ONTX
LRN
IBIO

I have been on all 3 for quite some time and today especially was a really good day for 2 of them, (IBIO had a great day yesterday).

IBIO feels like it could either really take off from a mid 3s into the 30s type stock, or it could also be a total pump n dump . Really hard to get a reading on it.
From what I can tell on IBIO not only are they working on a vaccine themselves, they also have negotiated distribution with several other pharms in case those other companies develop the vaccine. It has been rocketing up this week (up over 100%). Hoping none of it is artificial.
CheladaAg
AG
GOCO looking fantastic after that horrible IPO day.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Picked up some GOCO today under $20. Will hold long term.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
WGann3
AG
Yep yep, nice little day for GOCO so far.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Is there a reason to do SPY over VOO? Same with IWM and VTWO.

Seems like SPY and IWM just have more volume and more active trading for options guys, but the Vanguard ETFs have a lower cost.
WGann3
AG
Whitehouse Road said:

Is there a reason to do SPY over VOO? Same with IWM and VTWO.

Seems like SPY and IWM just have more volume and more active trading for options guys, but the Vanguard ETFs have a lower cost.
I think you pretty much nailed it with the SPY/VOO analysis of the differences. I'm not much of a trader so my positions long term are in VOO.
K_P
AG
Personally I go a step farther and use VTSAX and VFIAX because it's easy to set up 10% of my paycheck to direct deposit from my company's payroll service directly into the mutual fund.
fig96
AG
I'm in VTSAX, VSIAX, and VBTLX.
Johnny Danger
AG
I currently dollar cost average into VTI, VUG, VBIAX, and SCHD.
Tumble Weed
Sold out of my WU.

The cashless society doesn't bode well for them. On an unrelated note, if a business refuses to accept cash from me, I walk out the door. My daughter told me that the coffee shops in Aggieland have moved away from cash, and I expect many other businesses will follow suit with the rest of the sheep.
WGann3
AG
AMD!
Whitehouse Road
AG
WGann3 said:

AMD!
59 South
AG
Now THAT'S what I call a breakout.
wmitchell
AG
I went ahead and sold. I need some cash right now so the timing worked out with that breakout - but I do think it has a plenty more to run.
59 South
AG
Earnings next week so definitely wise if you need the money for something now.
wmitchell
AG
Had to pull some out - had a change order on a kitchen remodel that I wasn't expecting, so this worked out perfect.

I will buy more hopefully if there is a dip (and maybe even if not - this thing is going to run more and again in my opinion).

59 South
AG
Yea I tend to agree. In the past breakouts like this have resulted in 3-4 month runs where it about doubles. Who knows though. Mine's in a retirement account so not too concerned with it now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Some of my AMD calls hit sell order today, the Sept and 25% of the Jan2021. The rest of the calls and shares are in until $75.
AGSmith
AG
Anyone have an opinion on OKE (Oneok Inc)? They just announced a $0.935/sh quarterly dividend and are currently trading just below $29/sh. It was trading at $70-ish in February of this year and up from its low (mid-March) of $14
gougler08
AG
AGSmith said:

Anyone have an opinion on OKE (Oneok Inc)? They just announced a $0.935/sh quarterly dividend and are currently trading just below $29/sh. It was trading at $70-ish in February of this year and up from its low (mid-March) of $14
I like it unless you're already heavy in energy stocks
AGSmith
AG
I've been looking at energy stocks for entry, but I'm not long on any at this time.

ETA: I can sell a 7/24 29p for .45-.60 to potentially reduce my entry price.
gougler08
AG
AGSmith said:

I've been looking at energy stocks for entry, but I'm not long on any at this time.

I hopped in on the 401k as I don't think O&G will run soon, but like to collect that dividend with otherwise idle cash
AGSmith
AG
Quick question re: puts, assignment, and ex-dividend date. I sold the OKE 7/24 29p earlier for .55 (aiming at 28.45 entry). If my put doesn't get assigned this week, will I be able to sell another expiring 7/31 (Friday before Monday dividend record date) and still meet the ex-date if assigned on that one?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Between AMD and the return of Texas Rangers baseball I believe a little celebrating is in order this evening
AgsnFly
AG
AGSmith said:

Quick question re: puts, assignment, and ex-dividend date. I sold the OKE 7/24 29p earlier for .55 (aiming at 28.45 entry). If my put doesn't get assigned this week, will I be able to sell another expiring 7/31 (Friday before Monday dividend record date) and still meet the ex-date if assigned on that one?

Ex dividend dates are normally set as one or two business days prior to that declared record date. To be entitled to the dividend, you must own the stock one day prior to the ex date. In your case, and since it is a put option, it is unlikely you will be assigned prior to expiration and therefore you will not be considered a shareholder of record and eligible to receive the dividend.
Aston04
AG

ONTX
LRN
IBIO

I have been on all 3 for quite some time and today especially was a really good day for 2 of them, (IBIO had a great day yesterday).

IBIO feels like it could either really take off from a mid 3s into the 30s type stock, or it could also be a total pump n dump . Really hard to get a reading on it.
From what I can tell on IBIO not only are they working on a vaccine themselves, they also have negotiated distribution with several other pharms in case those other companies develop the vaccine. It has been rocketing up this week (up over 100%). Hoping none of it is artificial.
2 vaccines in phase 1.. Biggest upside of them is they are supposed to be 1 dosage, not multiple. And plant based....That said if they don't get out of phase 1 soon- even smaller chance they win in the end...

I agree the big upside is the production capacity links with A&M/feds. I took some profits- holding about half my initial position.. Though I couldn't help but nibble buy a little today when it plummeted after open..
Aston04
AG
AGSmith said:

egy is my favorite energy stock. lots of cash. little debt. modestly traded, so can find irregularities in where it should be priced (ex: went down today more than it should based off oil market movement and how other oil companies reacted)...I've started playing a game of entering each time in 1.10s when this happens... selling in 1.20s...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aston04 said:

ONTX
LRN
IBIO

2 vaccines in phase 1.. Biggest upside of them is they are supposed to be 1 dosage, not multiple. And plant based....That said if they don't get out of phase 1 soon- even smaller chance they win in the end...

I agree the big upside is the production capacity links with A&M/feds. I took some profits- holding about half my initial position.. Though I couldn't help but nibble buy a little today when it plummeted after open..
If you want entertainment go over and watch the battle between IBIO fanboys and bears on their StockTwits page. One side is adamant about IBIO getting to $75, and the other side is adamant it'll be at less than $1 in a month or two.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aston04 said:

AGSmith said:

egy is my favorite energy stock. lots of cash. little debt. modestly traded, so can find irregularities in where it should be priced (ex: went down today more than it should based off oil market movement and how other oil companies reacted)...I've started playing a game of entering each time in 1.10s when this happens... selling in 1.20s...
VAALCO ENERGY?

LOL, some dude on ETrade has a $130 target for this stock. And its fairly recent. What are we missing here or is this some sorta misprint?

Aston04
AG

Aston04 said:

ONTX
LRN
IBIO

If you want entertainment go over and watch the battle between IBIO fanboys and bears on their StockTwits page. One side is adamant about IBIO getting to $75, and the other side is adamant it'll be at less than $1 in a month or two.
Hahah. I'll check it out. The yahoo finance message for most of this stocks is entertainment enough at times... So much pumping going on.
Aston04
AG

Aston04 said:

AGSmith said:

VAALCO ENERGY?

LOL, some dude on ETrade has a $130 target for this stock. And its fairly recent. What are we missing here or is this some sorta misprint?

I'd be ok with Vaalco hitting that target. Gotta think that's a misprint... Maybe he meant $13? That's still very bullish to be honest. 5 yer high is around $3. They currently have $61 million in cash and no debt. Stock almost trades for value of cash.
WGann3
AG
PWestAg18 said:

Between AMD and the return of Texas Rangers baseball I believe a little celebrating is in order this evening

Cheers to that.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aston04 said:

Aston04 said:

AGSmith said:

VAALCO ENERGY?

I'd be ok with Vaalco hitting that target. Gotta think that's a misprint... Maybe he meant $13? That's still very bullish to be honest. 5 yer high is around $3. They currently have $61 million in cash and no debt. Stock almost trades for value of cash.
Looked more into this. Seems like a pretty safe +20-40% (maybe more). One of those companies that just doesn't have anything there to show much concern long term other than an industry itself that isn't at its finest hour but should be back at some point. Just depends on how long ones willing to wait that out. Thanks for the tip I think I'll buy a small bit.
krosch11
AG
I'll throw one on here I'm keeping an eye on now . Came across this doing a lot of scans today. LTRPA

Trip advisor has been on an awful trajectory. It looks like recently they just started to reverse that trend . Additionally what has OA always taught us about institutional volume?

I could be wrong, as I'm newer at this but I like the chart and valuations compared to competitors in the same sector.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
59 South,

Curious what your latest take on AMD is after the big jump on Friday. Does Intel crapping the bed on their 7 nm chip change any of the analysis you've previously given on this thread? I got in at $52 on AMD back in June, will probably hold until December and see if it hits $100 by then. But if Intel's struggles continue pushing AMD up I might as well just hold it for a full year and cash out after 12 months with the lower tax burden.

Edit: accidentally put IBM instead of Intel

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.