Vegas Links and Info!

63,862 Views | 308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Malachi Constant
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Booked Cosmo for end of September. It was cheaper than ph to my surprise.
txagman1998
AG
After many years with no resort fee, Caesars properties have reinstated the resort fee. What a slap in the face...evidently $15 per night is being charged for local calls, access to the fitness center, and in room wired Internet access. They must be hurting for cash if they have made that decision, considering much of their marketing over the years centered around the fact that they didn't charge a resort fee.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
With the amount of cash i took of the caesars' craps tables over the last few days I'm not surprised they are hurting for cash
betas2000
AG
I'm very well connected in Vegas please email me if you need any contacts or hosts for vip service at any club or anything else in Las Vegas!!!

betas2000@yahoo.com
Wahoo82
AG
SKF - Unless you are never going back to Vegas again, you best think of that money as a loan.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yep. After this last trip, me and Vegas are about even. I know not all trips will be like that, but damn was it fun while I was on my 2-day run. Quadrupled the money I took out there to gamble with, even after I splurged some. Awesome trip.
Wahoo82
AG
Hopefully I can pick up some of your luck next month when we go. I am usually to the good on table play (BJ and craps)enough to offset my wife's slot losses. But her slot play gets the comps, so its all good.
LisaMarie
AG
Headed to Vegas this Thursday, staying at Aria. I've been to Vegas several times, SO has never been. So excited for a week off work. Also taking a side trip to Zion.
agcraigb
AG
Can you do the $20 upgrade if you go through a Travelocity like website to book your hotel/trip? I was wondering if booking through a third party would trump that. Thanks.
CDub06
AG
The $20 trick can work regardless of how you booked.
agcraigb
AG
Good to know. Thanks!
Wahoo82
AG
RE: $20 trick. Know what you want as far as upgrades. They may ask you what upgrades you are looking for. For example, we stay at the Venetian, which is all suites. I would rather have a high (quiet) floor and a really good strip view than a bigger room.
the dude10
AG
Has anybody tried the $20 trick at Caesars? I was thinking I would try it, though maybe use a $50 instead. Would it make a difference or am I better off saving the $30?
Hincemm
AG
looks like you'll be good

ceasars is so big, that you'll probably want an idea of where you want to be upgraded.

http://www.frontdesktip.com/
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'd feel likea schmuck doing the $20 thing. I've always asked, been nice and smiled at the desk clerk and never failed to get an upgrade or higher floor room.
the dude10
AG
I agree it will feel weird, but I really want to get an upgrade for this one. I am the best man planning the bachelor party and a killer room would be nice. If it enhanced my chances at all, it's worth it to try this time.
CDub06
AG
I don't know that more money equals better upgrade. I'd stick with $20, have a specific upgrade in mind and maybe mention you're trying to give your buddy an unforgettable experience.
the dude10
AG
Thanks I appreciate all the help. We already have the forum tower royal suite booked so I am unsure of what a reasonable request for an upgrade would be. I will do some research and find out their next level suites. Again, the tips are greatly appreciated for a Vegas newbie planning a bachelor party
Wahoo82
AG
One last thing dude. I have done $40 and $20. I saw no diffrence so I would stick to $20. Also one "upgrade" you can ask for and usually get with the $20 thing is a late check out. With a group that may help.
the dude10
AG
Thanks I will definitely request a late checkout. Our flight doesn't leave until late Saturday evening so that would really help. Also it sounds like $20 is the way to go, although if some other guys want to pitch in on the off chance it could help I might do more.
shannontx2dc
AG
This is a great consolidation! Thanks, CDub! Has anyone been over Memorial Day weekend? Crazy? Worth extra expense for going that weekend? Recommendations?
watty
AG
I'll be there this weekend. If you want to come see Garth Brooks with me, let me know. I have one extra ticket I need someone to use. Saturday night at 10:30.
OXDL45
AG
Just booked for Aug. 4th through the 7th!!!

Staying at New York-New York.
Aggie1391
Going on Tuesday, I cannot wait. First time being over 21 and going to Vegas. Staying at the Bellagio.
OXDL45
AG
quote:
Going on Tuesday, I cannot wait. First time being over 21 and going to Vegas. Staying at the Bellagio.

Damn. I'm LOLold and still can't afford that.

Have fun!
CDub06
AG
KA cancelled indefinitely after performer death

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/30/us/nevada-cirque-death/index.html
Eugene4x
AG
Sad news to hear. Couldn't imagine being there.

Next trip booked for 9/19. Three nights at Caesars Palace.
Out in Left Field
AG
I'll be there end of September. Recommendations on the best show to see?
Hincemm
AG
That's a bit of a loaded question based on all the shows out there and personal taste.

Most of the cirque shows are highly rated, absinthe is a hot item it seems, then there's magic, comedy, etc.

What are u looking for?

Love is generally considered one of the best right now.
Out in Left Field
AG
Saw LOVE last time I went, really liked it. Friend wants to see the Michael Jackson One, not sure I'm sold on that.
Hincemm
AG
Haven't heard very good things personally
PPlayboy87
AG
Does $20 trick still work?

Recommendations for steakhouse?

Been a few years since I've gone.
TIA
Hincemm
AG
Typically yes but it depends

Craft steak is good for me
CDub06
AG
For shows, I'd recommend Ka, Love, O or Absinthe. They're all different, with Absinthe being the most different of the 4. Depends on what you're looking for. Can't go wrong.
txag2008
AG
quote:
For shows, I'd recommend Ka, Love, O or Absinthe. They're all different, with Absinthe being the most different of the 4. Depends on what you're looking for. Can't go wrong.
I'll throw Le Reve and Mystere on that list too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.