Vegas Links and Info!

63,865 Views | 308 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Malachi Constant
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
ttt
SW AG80
AG
Can't we sticky this one to the top again?
El Chupacabra
This needs a bump anyway.

Gonna be in LV Jan 17-20. Do I book hotels now or will rates go down as we get closer? I'm not all that concerned in staying at one of the fancy places. Monte Carlo is where I usually stay.
CDub06
AG
I'll be there Jan 16-20
SW AG80
AG
I don't think it matters when you book a room in Vegas. If you are a member of a players' club you should be getting specials via email. If not, sign up on line and you will get a better room rate. Or we sometimes book thru Southwest Airlines. Good rates can be found that way.
SW AG80
AG
ttt
aggiespartan
AG
We just booked our plane tickets for March 1-4. We haven't gotten our room yet, though.
CDub06
AG
RESTICKIED! Thanks Staff!
PPAag06
AG
Looking to head to Vegas over spring break. Anybody found good deals for that time period? Most likely traveling 13-16gh. My wife and I typically use Southwest vacations for Vegas but there are no good current deals through SWA.
txag2008
AG
quote:
Looking to head to Vegas over spring break. Anybody found good deals for that time period? Most likely traveling 13-16gh. My wife and I typically use Southwest vacations for Vegas but there are no good current deals through SWA.

That's because it's spring break. Along with NYE, Super Bowl, & March Madness it's one of the most popular/expensive times to go
CDub06
AG
Got some food and fun planned for next week. Can't wait.

Got a helicopter tour planned as well. Will be my first time in a chopper. I'm Amped!
aggiespartan
AG
We are leaning towards booking the Cosmopolitan for 3 nights. Opinions?
txag2008
AG
quote:
We are leaning towards booking the Cosmopolitan for 3 nights. Opinions?

If you're OK with spending that much, definitely go for it. Great location, great rooms, great food/drink

Don't know what you're like, but keep in mind that Cosmo is the hip/modern/cool place right now, so if you're used to a place like Wynn, it's going to be different.

If you're a big gambler, I wouldn't recommend spending your time at Cosmo. High table limits & bad rules keep alot of people away from the floor there.
thann07
AG
I just booked for my wife's Spring Break. We'll be there from Wed. the 13th through Fri. the 15th (technically the 16th). I jumped on a flight from IAH to LAS that was a good $150 less than any of the other flights around that time--the downside being that the return flight is a red eye (leaves at 12:25 am on Saturday). I'm fine with this, because we'll try to get a late check-out, and then just check our bags at the concierge (I've done this before). It should save us a night's hotel cost--and it's not like you'd actually be doing much to enjoy Vegas by waiting until the next morning to leave, rather, you'd just be paying to sleep. We'll have all day Saturday and Sunday to recover.

This will be the week before the NCAA tournament--but during the conference basketball tournaments, which may mean more games to watch anyway.

We're staying at the Aria (center of the strip, and I got emails from them with what seemed like a good deal--20% off rooms, 2 free buffet tickets, and a free room upgrade). We considered Aria, Cosmo, Bellagio, and Caesar's, and Aria appeared to be the best deal out of the 3.

We're mostly going to eat at some good restaurants. We're pretty avid Top Chef watchers, so I think the theme of the trip will be "Top Chef" oriented. I'm trying to research and plan out our meals accordingly. We've already done Craftsteak and Wolfgang's at the MGM, so we'll branch out a bit. If I get a chance, I'll try to put together a summary post of the Top Chef type restaurants for people.
betas2000
AG
I'm very well connected in Vegas please email me if you need any contacts or hosts for vip service at any club or anything else in Las Vegas!!!

betas2000@yahoo.com
CDub06
AG
Just got back from Vegas. Cosmo is really pushing that feminine vibe with their property, aren't they?
aggiespartan
AG
We just booked a 1 bedroom terrace room for 3 nights for $691 (taxes and resort fees included) at Cosmo. I think we got a pretty good deal.
txag2008
AG
quote:
I'm very well connected in Vegas please email me if you need any contacts or hosts for vip service at any club or anything else in Las Vegas!!!

betas2000@yahoo.com
Womackster
AG
Thanks!
CDub06
AG
Helicopter Tour to the Grand Canyon was awesome. Gotta throw my experience on one of these threads.
Hincemm
AG
What dates spartan ?
hbc07
AG
3/1-3/4
angelo
I want to share with you few more links related to Las Vegas:

General:
http://www.allvegas.net - AllVegas.net - everything about Las Vegas.

http://www.stripmap.org- StripMap.org - printable Las Vegas Strip map.

[This message has been edited by angelo (edited 2/16/2013 8:36a).]
HoustonSECAG
Myself and 3 friends are gonna be there April 4th and fly out on the 12:25am flight on April 8th. We are still planning on where we will stay.
aggiespartan
AG
Our plane for Vegas is leaving tomorrow morning!
Red Velvet
Vegas in early May or late July? Any significant difference in weather? Is one month preferable? I'll be traveling alone so I need the best shot at decent pool weather. Every time I go, a cold front always seems to come through.

Also, Wynn/Encore, Mandarin Oriental, or Cosmopolitan? Again, just me, not a big gambler (may do some), want a nice room, good pool, just need to get away, treat myself a bit, and relax. Thoughts?

I appreciate the help, thanks!
aggiespartan
AG
Our room at the Cosmo was really nice. Very modern. Large shower and large soaking tub. The balcony wasn't bad either. Our last morning there, we heard construction somewhere above us. We emailed them about it once we got home, and they refunded our last night. When we go back, we will probably stay there again.
AGnNoCo
AG
I need some advice. My company is holding our awards convention at the Palms in a few weeks. There should be about 150-200 of us. That being said, I would like to go see Penn & Teller on our free night. Do you recommend going through the concierge at the Palms? Will that really do anything to keep my costs down? We're going to try to go the the Ghostbar as well. Do you think they'd be able to help with that as well? Does anybody have any experience with this?

TIA
Wahoo82
AG
Penn and Teller used to have a 2 for 1 ticket code in their ad in SW Airlines Spirit magazine. I used it to get great third row seats a couple of years ago.
Womackster
Whos Juan
AG
PizzaAg, if you're going to be there the weekend of 04/26, Prince is playing 4 shows at the Hard Rock.
http://www.thejointlasvegas.com/Home/Events/Event-Details.aspx?id=264
the dude10
AG
Is there any specific day of the week that is best for booking a suite in Vegas? We are wanting to stay at Caesars for my friends bachelor party on June 6-8. Was going to book tomorrow but started thinking there might be a particular day where the rates are cheaper. Any inside info Texags?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.