***** USMNT vs The Netherlands WC R16 Game Thread (12/3) *****

61,829 Views | 1293 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggiephoenix02
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That overhead replay of Adams jogging down the field behind the eventual goal scorer. Woof.
gambochaman
AG
Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off
Aggies2009
AG
Hand Of God said:

That overhead replay of Adams jogging down the field behind the eventual goal scorer. Woof.

Wondering how much the Iran game took out of our guys.
Aggies1322
AG
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

He was our best attacking player..
Texas A&M University
Some of you guys are snowflakes, stop being so sensitive, why are we talking about mex?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm seeing a team that's letting the US control the game and tire themselves out but defending well in the box and playing to counterstrike. And it's working so far.

Just because you disagree doesn't make me a troll.
PatAg
AG
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off
I would have agreed for the first 20-25 minutes, but he created the majority of our chances
Socrates05
AG
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

Our best chances were dest breaking lines.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm seeing a team that's letting the US control the game and tire themselves out but defending well in the box and playing to counterstrike. And it's working so far.

No but it makes you a biased idiot
Z3phyr
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off
What game you watching, bud?
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Should have considered writing something like this
Aggies1322
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah.. they really wanted pulisic 1v1 with the keeper 2 mins in. If we could finish our chances its 2-2. Go cry into your el tri flag.
snowdog90
Both goals, defenders just switched off. Can't do that. Adams then Dest. That's something we haven't been doing. I think nerves have played a big factor.
Kampfers
AG
Sargent is out for the game guys. Reyna should come in at halftime tho.

It's frustrating because we have played really well this half. Yes NED was playing for the counter. That doesn't mean they should literally go 2/2 on counter opportunities. That is so ****ing disappointing.

Can't help but wonder what the game would look like if Pulisic slotted his chance away.
Aggies2009
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah.. they really wanted pulisic 1v1 with the keeper 2 mins in. If we could finish our chances its 2-2. Go cry into your el tri flag.

L tri*
fig96
AG
Socrates05 said:

gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

Our best chances were dest breaking lines.
Hes also a bit of a defensive liability, but we need him out there.
randy828
AG
randy828 said:

wangus12 said:

****ing Mckennie totally asleep there
I think you are right, he let that guy blow past him at mid field and didn't bust his butt to catch up to him.
I take it back, was not Mckennie, it was Adams. We need an early goal in this second half to get back in it! Come on USA!
PatAg
AG
The big thing they also did, is just man marking us tightly and its taken us way too long to adjust to it.
Which is strange, because we had to know it is a weakness we have and its strange we didnt have anything prepared for it
One way to play around it requires lots of energy and movement to drag them out of shape, and players moving off the ball into those spaces
Too much of the midfield looked gassed from the opening whistle, should have maybe considered some more changes to the lineup to start. Hard to change what was working in group stage, of course.
Gordo14
Gio in, move Weah to striker, bring in Aaronson for Midfield sub.
planoaggie123
AG
Z3phyr said:

gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

He has played well but he really seemed "distracted" after his scoring chance. Seems like he was replaying that in his head and not quite as alert. He missed Blind. Overall good half just a huge mistake. This is a young team without a clinical finisher which makes advancing tough but they are playing well.
PatAg
AG
Kampfers said:

Sargent is out for the game guys. Reyna should come in at halftime tho.

It's frustrating because we have played really well this half. Yes NED was playing for the counter. That doesn't mean they should literally go 2/2 on counter opportunities. That is so ****ing disappointing.

Can't help but wonder what the game would look like if Pulisic slotted his chance away.
Or finished either of the 2-3 quality chances outside of that..or not given up the 2nd on the last play of the half
Its still there for the taking
Z3phyr
I want Reyna in because hes going to be trying to prove himself and take some chances. Most of the team is waiting for a perfect shot and we just need to let it rip at an inexperienced goalie
wangus12
AG
Kampfers
AG
To expand on my previous post, ppl are acting like NED are dominating because they have scored twice. How often do you see teams play on the counter in the CL or PL and end up losing 2 or 3 nil. All the damn time.

We have both been unlucky and lazy. But we don't deserve to be two goals down.

Regardless, that's the way football go. We need to come out from the half with some gd inspiration and hopefully get a quick goal to invigorate us and give us some belief.
PatAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Z3phyr said:

gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

He has played well but he really seemed "distracted" after his scoring chance. Seems like he was replaying that in his head and not quite as alert. He missed Blind. Overall good half just a huge mistake. This is a young team without a clinical finisher which makes advancing tough but they are playing well.
He looked tired, and unfortunately at this level if you switch off for one play a top team can punish you
snowdog90
If Pulisic finishes the first chance, the game is totally different. I think he thought he was offsides, but he could have taken a touch and picked a corner. Oh well.
MB19
AG
We lack a predatory goal scorer. We do a lot of good things up to about 20-25 yards out then can't create a dangerous opportunity. Frustrating.
KCup17
AG
Bring on GIOOOO
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Or, you should consider not being overly sensitive and ready to jump on every single thing I say just because I'm a Mexico fan also.

Done with this.
Kampfers
AG
PatAg said:

The big thing they also did, is just man marking us tightly and its taken us way too long to adjust to it.
Which is strange, because we had to know it is a weakness we have and its strange we didnt have anything prepared for it
One way to play around it requires lots of energy and movement to drag them out of shape, and players moving off the ball into those spaces
Too much of the midfield looked gassed from the opening whistle, should have maybe considered some more changes to the lineup to start. Hard to change what was working in group stage, of course.

Hard to change when the MMA midfield is clearly our best trio as well. But I agree. Sucks that 2/3 were not healthy/in form prior to the tournament.
OregonAggie
AG
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

No way

He made the mistake of not following Blind but dude has been great in the attack. I have no idea why we aren't running up and down the right wing with him and Weah.

Take off Jesus and put in Reyna. Add Aaronson for McKennie or Musah. Jesus hasn't been bad but we need someone more dynamic.

Errybody run their asses off and get us back in the game.
planoaggie123
AG
Maybe tired. You might be right. I just saw About 4 min before the goal he was clearly talking to himself and frustrated with his finish. Seemed distracted.
StinkyPinky
AG
gambochaman said:

Dest is lost out there

He needs to come off

Dest is playing great
JCRiley09
AG
Am I the only one who could do without the swimsuit gifs this morning?
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or, you should consider not being overly sensitive and ready to jump on every single thing I say just because I'm a Mexico fan also.

Done with this.
Youve done the same thing on every us game thread for years, maybe you dont realize you are doing it but you are
why would you think anyone wants to read that, lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.