*****2022 FIFA World Cup Knockout Stage - Round of 16 Thread*****

19,200 Views | 474 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by La Bamba
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disagree. I'd like to see them beat France, so the tears will be more sweet when they lose in the semis or finals.
rgag12
AG
Dre_00 said:

So England look horrible

So bad that it took them 45 minutes to win the match.
Mathguy64
AG
Kind of ironic that England is whipping everyone but us and we outplayed them most of that match.
RED AG 98
AG
We're gonna have FRA v ENG and POR v SPA in the quarters and BRA v ARG in the semis. All the regional wars.
TXAggie2011
AG
Alexi…

"Harry Maguire being Harry Maguire, err, I mean…"
Agthatbuilds
Groundhog day.

This feels like the usa game yesterday. Senegal pushing and then England turning around scoring 2 right before half.
La Bamba
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Some major sexual tension between those two chaps

Bro I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice. They were giving each other snow kisses on television.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

Well ***** Guess I hope France crushes them. **** England
Exactly. I mean, all they did was fight Literally Hitler by themselves for two years. Let's all totally cheer for the cheese eating surrender monkeys who quit as soon as possible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

Exactly. I mean, all they did was fight Literally Hitler by themselves for two years. Let's all totally cheer for the cheese eating surrender monkeys who quit as soon as possible.
If you've ever been around English fans, they're unbearable when it comes to the sport. If they ever when another World Cup its will be apocalyptic in terms of how obnoxious they'll get.

Personally would rather an non UEFA team win it
Rudyjax
AG
Busy Sunday, but every time I get to tune into the match, England scores.

They're welcome.
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

If you've ever been around English fans, they're unbearable when it comes to the sport. If they ever when another World Cup its will be apocalyptic in terms of how obnoxious they'll get.

Personally would rather an non UEFA team win it

Negative fans kill me. They expect everything to bd sunshine and roses and don't appreciate the good, and go on and on about the bad.

You know what I'm talking about from reading game threads…. And Most English are that way.

I've met a few that follow the team from the town they grew up in and that's all. Those are really good fans.
TXAggie2011
AG
The English are both so entitled that they only focus on the bad and so jaded because of their focus on the bad…it's just a viciously unbearable combination

But they're damn fun to drink with and watch a game with at the pub. It's just before and after that you gotta be careful with
Dre_00
English fans. The most arrogant *******s with absolutely no reason to be. And the English football media is probably even worse.

England does have a very likable team (for the most part). Rashford, Saka, Bellingham, Foden...all exceedingly likable in my opinion.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
I don't know why you lot are surprised that a bunch of hooligans whose forefathers sunk their teeth gums into Hitler aren't to be trifled with at the pub.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ColoradoMooseHerd
England's passing and touches have been amazing today. This is what separates the real/contending teams from the USA and the likes
jeffk
AG
England does have a really likable team… except for a handful of guys who are my least favorite people on the planet.
jeffk
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

England's passing and touches have been amazing today. This is what separates the real/contending teams from the USA and the likes

The thing that really separates the US from England and other teams their level is their overall depth of talent. Best 11 vs best 11, we're not far off, but we also can't afford to ever rest that best 11 so eventually we wear out and falter like we did yesterday.

We'll get there eventually.
Mathguy64
AG
Dre_00 said:

English fans. The most arrogant *******s with absolutely no reason to be. And the English football media is probably even worse.

England does have a very likable team (for the most part). Rashford, Saka, Bellingham, Foden...all exceedingly likable in my opinion.

All likeable. Except Foden, who needs to be beaten to a pulp.
PatAg
AG
jeffk said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The thing that really separates the US from England and other teams their level is their overall depth of talent. Best 11 vs best 11, we're not far off, but we also can't afford to ever rest that best 11 so eventually we wear out and falter like we did yesterday.

Especially if the next coach does a better job of continuing to identify and bring in players to camps
TXAggie2011
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Dre_00 said:

All likeable. Except Foden, who needs to be beaten to a pulp.

And a new haircut
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Our youth teams are as good as or better than many European countries and it's scaring the **** out of them.

I can't remember who tweeted it but it showed what our Ux teams have done this year and it's impressive.
OhLongJohnson
AG
Youth team success rarely correlates with Senior team success. Being a fan of el Tri, mexico regularly wins youth world cups but it never materializes to the adult team winning anything. I agree US soccer is on the way up though.
jeffk
AG
Other than the two U17 titles, what youth world cups has Mexico won?
aggiephoenix02
Didn't they do something in the Olympics?
jeffk
AG
They won gold back in 2012.
La Bamba
AG
Watching a little ESPN FC after the matches today - and some of the English talking heads are saying England is the team to beat this World Cup.

**** it. I hope France destroys them.
jeffk
AG
And, not to give Tata a pass because he's a huge part of the problem, Mexico men's soccer has had some cultural issues and talent gaps that are starting to impact senior level performance. Whomever take the reins next will have their hands full to right the ship.
Rudyjax
AG
OhLongJohnson said:

Youth team success rarely correlates with Senior team success. Being a fan of el Tri, mexico regularly wins youth world cups but it never materializes to the adult team winning anything. I agree US soccer is on the way up though.

When have we routinely beaten euro countries with our talent previously?

ColoradoMooseHerd
jeffk said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

Look at the Dutch counter goal against us yesterday. The passing and speed of the counter was amazing. Look how closely the ball sticks to everyone's feet. That was a thing a beauty and that is how many of the European teams play. The last few years We play off more athletic ability. I don't remember us every passing as well as the Dutch and Englan (minus Harry Maguire).
wangus12
AG
La Bamba said:

Watching a little ESPN FC after the matches today - and some of the English talking heads are saying England is the team to beat this World Cup.

France is definitely the team to beat and Brazil is no slouch. I'd have England at third favorite right now.
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

La Bamba said:

France is definitely the team to beat and Brazil is no slouch. I'd have England at third favorite right now.

I'd be shocked if anyone but England, Brazil, or France won it.
Rudyjax
AG
Nm
wangus12
AG
Spain and Argentina are definitely capable.
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

Spain and Argentina are definitely capable.

Don't disagree but those are my top 3.

Are Argentina and Brazil on a collision course in the semis?
TRM
AG
OhLongJohnson said:

Regularly? I only recall 2...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.