General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

205,199 Views | 2782 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chelsea!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Sheffield playing down a man for 80 minutes has finally been broken. That parachute payment for going back down is already being put into pockets.
Mathguy64
AG
Tom Davis for Sheffield was just shown yellow for having the worst haircut in the EPL.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bayern goes down 3-2 to Bochum! Upemacano gets sent off for the 2nd time this week.
Forum Troll
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Bayern goes down 3-2 to Bochum! Upemacano gets sent off for the 2nd time this week.

Oh my
deadbq03
AG
Welp, here's the loophole Perez found in the La Liga salary cap, if true… he's gonna get half his PSG salary but ridiculous money upfront.

Showstopper
AG
They can probably pay a big portion of the signing bonus and wages if they sell Vinicius Jr (or potentially Rodrygo, but you would kind of expect one of them to move).
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watching the Liv Luton game tonight my wife commented that Rob Edwards looks like a model in a Charles Tyrwhitt catalog and now that's all I can see.
Dre_00
So this is amazing. Chelsea can't afford to win the League Cup.

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-turn-down-european-football-best-liverpool-carabao-cup-final-feature

Winning the League Cup puts them in next season's Conference League. That means that have to adhere to UEFA financial rules which are different (and more restrictive) in regards to allowable loses and in how contracts are amortized. It's effectively a 60 million GBP impact through a combination of lower allowable losses and higher contract costs from that summer 2023 spending spree which is nowhere near countered by the 16 million you get for winning the Conference League and much less so if they don't win it.
Furlock Bones
AG
lovely.
jeffk
AG
That's sad and also hilarious.
Mathguy64
AG
Most Chelsea thing ever.
i is smart
AG
Nobody else in my life would care, but I want it on record that I'm now an official Ipswich fan.

I might have just doomed their chances of promotion.
ChipFTAC01
AG
For lack of a better place to put it, there's a new series of Sunderland til I Die on Netflix.
34blast
i is smart said:

Nobody else in my life would care, but I want it on record that I'm now an official Ipswich fan.

I might have just doomed their chances of promotion.
I root for them also

I also root for Sunderland in Championship.

Rooting for AFC Wimbledon and Wrexam in league 2
Dre_00
I check in on them from time to time as I like to keep track of promising former Man United assistants/coaches.
byfLuger41
AG
Can RA buy the club back?!

These new guys are pretty terrible.
jeffk
AG
Everton magically get four points back today.
Aston94
AG
Until the FA deducts 10 more from them next week!
deadbq03
AG
They have to set precedent so when they "slam" City with 25 pts next year, City can appeal and they'll give them back 10 just to push them across the UCL line - just ahead of ManU most likely.
Thunder18
AG
deadbq03 said:

They have to set precedent so when they "slam" City with 25 pts next year, City can appeal and they'll give them back 10 just to push them across the UCL line - just ahead of ManU most likely.

This does not spark joy
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
jeffk said:

Everton magically get four points back today.
lame. Should have been all 10.

And anyone that thinks Man City will ever lose points is delusional.
jeffk
AG
Tough couple days for the Hatters.
10Aggie10
AG
Bournemouth March fixtures:
@Burnley
Sheffield United
Luton
Everton

That's incredible. They already got the away win. Just three home victories away from an undefeated March against 4 of the bottom 5.
deadbq03
AG
And Tyler Adams will likely be back in the first team soon.

He just played a game with their dev squad on his road back to match fitness.

Out in Left Field
AG
Insane sequence there by Tottenham. Son hits double posts.
jeffk
AG
The midday games were off the rails today.
Furlock Bones
AG
It's amazing how quickly they have acted on every team…except man Dhabi
Rudyjax
AG
This is madness. No wonder they're blown away by our college stadiums.

Rudyjax
AG
Mason Mount simultaneously getting cheered and booed in Chelsea.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Trying to watch premier league live and every time they have Rebecca talking they have a bed of blue grass under her and it's just distracting noise.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I don't really recall previous fan fest presentations but it's the most ADHD American presentation forever. Here's 2 minutes with Tim and Wazza brought to you by New Balance, here's 45 seconds with Ledley King, 90 seconds with the Vandy women's soccer team, 30 seconds of shots of the sponsored selfie spots, 2 minutes with the Titans coach and Klopp not actually having a teleconference together.
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I don't really recall previous fan fest presentations but it's the most ADHD American presentation forever. Here's 2 minutes with Tim and Wazza brought to you by New Balance, here's 45 seconds with Ledley King, 90 seconds with the Vandy women's soccer team, 30 seconds of shots of the sponsored selfie spots, 2 minutes with the Titans coach and Klopp not actually having a teleconference together.

And now 5 full minutes talking about wrestlemania instead of United vs Liverpool
Showstopper
AG
They paid $1 billion for like three years of streaming WWE. They gotta try to sell a lot of peacock subs now! (Even if the audience watching is probably mostly subbed already).
ChipFTAC01
AG
The entire audience watching is already subbed as their entire pregame was only on peacock. Hate for them to not be able to air some 15 year old SVU reruns on USA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.