**Tottenham Hotspur 2022-2023 Thread**

42,394 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by DeangeloVickers
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does this signal the return of Ryan Mason to interim manager? I don't see how he isn't fired now after those comments
DeangeloVickers
AG

TresPuertas
AG
i feel like he's talking directly to Richarlson
gcracker13
AG
Reports starting to surface that Conte is out
Forum Troll
AG
Latest in the twitterverse is later this week.
DeangeloVickers
AG
GIF Reactor
AG
For you all that have followed Tottenham longer than I have, how do you feel about his comments? Accurate? These guys have zero patience. I started following Spurs in March 2021 and it looks certain that they'll be on their 4th manager in that time, without counting Mason since he was just interim. Crazy.
t - cam
AG
GIF Reactor said:

For you all that have followed Tottenham longer than I have, how do you feel about his comments? Accurate? These guys have zero patience. I started following Spurs in March 2021 and it looks certain that they'll be on their 4th manager in that time, without counting Mason since he was just interim. Crazy.

It's everyone involved but we did have a coach that believed we could win the league and created a belief in the team that it was possible. In that time we played in a champions league final, got 2nd on the table 2 times with a high point goal of 86 points which actually wins the league a lot of years. He had a plan from the academy to the top and used mostly homegrown guys. We then started one season slowly and decided we wanted to treat coaches like Chelsea and would hope to catch lightning in a bottle with a name manager that may be able to attract players. Unfortunately we don't spend so we can't attract the players these guys need.

If we don't commit to spending we need a manager that understands it's always a development project. Jose mourinho and Antonio conte don't want any part of that.

Bring Poch back!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Well said tcam

Here is a good summary

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-conte-pochettino-kane-levy-b1068856.html
DeangeloVickers
AG
JCRiley09
AG
These leaks almost always check out… but do we think Nike is keeping that crescent pattern on the chest from all the kits this year? I'm skeptical
t - cam
AG
These tend to grow on me over time. Remember when we first saw this jersey and all freaked out but it was awesome looking in the field.

Forum Troll
AG
Let the Nagelsmann rumors begin.
BMK54
Forum Troll said:

Let the Nagelsmann rumors begin.
Yes Please.
Forum Troll
AG
Nagelsmann time. Conte sacked earlier today.
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/march/club-announcement-antonio-departs/
t - cam
AG
I need to know nagelsmans history with coaching teams that don't have the biggest budget in their league.
deadbq03
AG
He beat y'all and Atletico to make the CL semifinals with Leipzig.

Edit to add his post-match English language interview from the day he beat Spurs in pre-lockdown 2019. Jeez this seems like a lifetime ago now.

I will also add this though… I'd kinda be surprised if he's ready to jump to a new job. There are rumors floating that part of the reason he was sacked was because his longtime girlfriend was a sports journalist and players didn't feel like they could communicate with him safely. They've broken up this week, so maybe that rumor is true and caused a rift… but regardless, somehow this sacking has also affected his personal life. I would bet a coke he's happy to lie low and draw Bayern paychecks till summer.
Forum Troll
AG
I know they've invested in these wing backs but I really hope the next manager runs 3 midfielders and only 2 center backs. Could run Davies ( he's been serviceable on the left of late) Romero, some signed CB this summer, and Porro (coming on much better after a terrible debut) in the back. Then Bentancur, Hojbjerg and sign a CAM.

Perisic probably gone, there's several articles out there that he'd go back to Serie A if Conte was out. He and Son seem to clog each other up on the left side with the current 343.
Forum Troll
AG
Emerson out with knee surgery.
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
Really really poor

What is wrong with Son?!??!! Worst match I've ever seen him play

Docoure gets Kane in the face and sent off with red
Kane with a PK and 1-0 lead
DeangeloVickers
AG
BMK54
This club is a damn joke
DeangeloVickers
AG
Lucas Moura red...just awful football
DeangeloVickers
AG
Good gosh
Forum Troll
AG
Cmon Lloris at least try, hell of a strike.
t - cam
AG
They don't have a coach. It's going to take some time to unwind Contes impact here.
Forum Troll
AG
Both Newcastle and ManU about to get 3 points and still have another game on hand over Spurs.
t - cam
AG
Brighton are also in position to overtake us as well. Not sure what I was expecting though.

We really do need to sell lane this summer. I'm not sure there is a path forward otherwise unless we all sudden get a new chairman and budget.
Forum Troll
AG
Saw that on Brighton, 2 games in hand only 4 points back. Better win this weekend.

James Maddison rumors popping up especially if Leicester get relegated.
Forum Troll
AG
Really need 3 points today.
Forum Troll
AG
Curled to the far post by Son. Very nice.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Wow!!!! Sonny!
TulaneAg
Beautiful strike by Sonny
DeangeloVickers
AG
Very lucky there. Dier kicks it to their midfield in the middle to start the counter. What is he doing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.