**Tottenham Hotspur 2022-2023 Thread**

42,413 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by DeangeloVickers
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TulaneAg said:

I feel like Kulu should fire that left foot shot at the opposite post every time he can see it. It's deadly.

And I missed the first half, who had the assist for that first goal?

Kulusevski had the assist from WAY outside. Left footed right across the face low to a streaking Sessegnon. Perfectly placed.

TulaneAg
Wow, then he had a heckuva game. That left foot is allsome.
Bachelor99
AG
TulaneAg said:

I feel like Kulu should fire that left foot shot at the opposite post every time he can see it. It's deadly.

kulu reminds me of salah with that dangerous left foot....the guy is dangerous on the ball with his passing and shooting....

with the continued improvement of kulu, we have 3 legit world class talents across the front line....richarlison is gonna have to earn his keep for any playing time....but its a long season with many games....he will get his chances.
t - cam
AG
Bachelor99 said:

TulaneAg said:

kulu reminds me of salah with that dangerous left foot....the guy is dangerous on the ball with his passing and shooting....

with the continued improvement of kulu, we have 3 legit world class talents across the front line....richarlison is gonna have to earn his keep for any playing time....but its a long season with many games....he will get his chances.

This is super hyperbole but he reminds me a little of KDB. He's always looking for ways to attack. Obviously not as central as him but always looking for a way to get it forward.

Socrates05
AG
t - cam said:

Bachelor99 said:

TulaneAg said:

This is super hyperbole but he reminds me a little of KDB. He's always looking for ways to attack. Obviously not as central as him but always looking for a way to get it forward.

Agreed, obviously not at that level yet, but KDB is the comparison in terms of not only being able to see the best forward pass but being able to execute it, as well as the first touch and control.
Socrates05
AG
t - cam said:

If we can defend we are going to contend. I don't see a scenario where this team isn't scoring goals.

The concern for me is still teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball. We've been scoring for fun against teams that will have a go for awhile now but with much as I love the depth we added, it is mostly like for like depth.

When the defense collapses back those back post WB runs are covered and the break isn't there, we need another way in. Figure that out, which should shore up the points against the bottom of the table and I'll start to believe.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Leicester tied by Brentford

and

ManuU lost to BHA

good sunday so far... come on Westham vs MC

Bryan98
AG
Just want to point out that we got one total point out of both Southampton games last season. We just took three starting the same team we had at the end of last season. We're already two points ahead of last year!

If y'all recall, we did better against City and Liverpool than they did against us and each other - we had 8 points from that group of three. If we had only performed better against the non-elite, last season could have been a lot more exciting.

We'll see what happens away to Chelsea this coming week. They were our bogey team last year. But I think we have a whole new mentality now.
B$Weigem
AG
Really really need to compete well against Chelsea this weekend. They've been the thorn in our side these past few years.

Pimlico in Houston will be popping again for anyone who hasn't made it out yet!
Hey...so.. um
Still popping for a 6:30am game vs wolves? I might actually make it out to that one if so.
B$Weigem
AG
6:30 games usually have about 15 people (our opener this weekend had probably 50). I make it to most of the 6:30s but they typically try to gather a head count before asking the owner to open up.
t - cam
AG
B$Weigem said:

Really really need to compete well against Chelsea this weekend. They've been the thorn in our side these past few years.

Pimlico in Houston will be popping again for anyone who hasn't made it out yet!

These past 30 years.

tusi7095
AG
Socrates05 said:

t - cam said:

If we can defend we are going to contend. I don't see a scenario where this team isn't scoring goals.

The concern for me is still teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball. We've been scoring for fun against teams that will have a go for awhile now but with much as I love the depth we added, it is mostly like for like depth.

When the defense collapses back those back post WB runs are covered and the break isn't there, we need another way in. Figure that out, which should shore up the points against the bottom of the table and I'll start to believe.
This is the key for the season.
Hey...so.. um
I won't be able to watch because of church, but COYS!

Hopefully I will check the score on my way to the car and see us at the top of the table!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Really wanna see Perisic over Sess
tusi7095
AG
Spurs were absolute crap first half.
Socrates05
AG
Really disappointing to see the same players, same tactics, and unsurprisingly the same result in the first half as last season. The midfield is just completely overwhelmed.

It's love to see Bissouma in for Hojbjerg and have Deki shift back into a #8/10 role to be a central outlet.

Or anything else, my frustration will be insane if we run back out with the same plan.
t - cam
AG
Chelsea is our daddy.

Socrates05
AG
The change came at 60 min. instead of HT but finally looking up for it.

GOAL!
tusi7095
AG
So much better after the change
tusi7095
AG
Conte!!
Socrates05
AG
Kane!

Bit of luck in the build up as Romero could have easily been sent off negating the corner, but take the point and run.
gougler08
AG
Conte going to get suspended now
LawHall88
AG
t - cam
AG
t - cam said:

Chelsea is our daddy.

I take it back. That was a wild game. We definitely stole that point and the refs helped a little but F chelsea. Great to get a point there.

t - cam
AG
LawHall88 said:

Guessing tuechal will be getting a red as well.

doodie2010
AG
Got an alert that Tuchel also got a red, apparently just didn't show it on the broadcast.

Not sure how Romero avoided one (so far) but holy moly what a point
Bachelor99
AG
Love the never die attitude conte has instilled in this team.... he has some pieces to work with when things aren't going our way...this was most likely an L if it was last year....as last year's PL table showed, every point counts. i gladly take the point at the bridge and run COYS!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Get the point and run

Love Conte

Sess is great to play with the smaller clubs with slower stronger players....but was such a liability today.

Nice to have a bench and pieces to adjust...good stuff at a place we rarely get a point

Perisic and Moura and WBs sure is fun...they can dribble and create pressure there that we havent had in a long time (Trippier?!?)
Socrates05
AG
I think that is harsh on Sess. Conte's system ignores the mids in the build up, looking to the wings instead to beat Chelsea's heavy press. Emerson is/was worthless so we were asking for it to all come through the left side. Meanwhile Son couldn't control a pass to save his life today and PEH was all over the place leaving Sess almost alone.

Even after defending him, I'm ready for Perisic to take over that role.
gougler08
AG
I guess I still don't understand VAR. They looked at the Romero incident with dragging him down by the hair and didn't find that a foul?
DeangeloVickers
AG
gougler08 said:

I guess I still don't understand VAR. They looked at the Romero incident with dragging him down by the hair and didn't find that a foul?
From my understanding listening to post game....they were only looking if it was a red or not....which is still IMO a bad decision

Another one of those why even have VAR...clearly a foul...shouldve been at least Romero yellow (if it's not a red) and free kick Chelsea from the spot

We've had a lot of these go against us the past few years....take the point and run
gougler08
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

gougler08 said:

From my understanding listening to post game....they were only looking if it was a red or not....which is still IMO a bad decision

Another one of those why even have VAR...clearly a foul...shouldve been at least Romero yellow (if it's not a red) and free kick Chelsea from the spot

We've had a lot of these go against us the past few years....take the point and run

No doubt, VAR is an enigma for all teams
TulaneAg
Just watched extended highlights... absolutely wild to have that big game tension and fight the second match of the season. Gonna be a fun one.
Bachelor99
AG
tuchel instigated the whole fight.... running down the sideline on the 2nd chelsea goal and then grabbing onto conte's hand at the end.... totally classless.... seems his beef should be with anthony taylor and not conte....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.