**Tottenham Hotspur 2022-2023 Thread**

42,405 Views | 739 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
COYS!

Champions League (drawing in August)

COYS!

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Man that world cup break from Nov 12 to Dec 26 is huge.

Starting a week earlier and ending a week later.
Also no winter break like last season which was late Jan to mid Feb.

That's how they made up for most of it.

Makes a long year for those that will be in WC. Plus CL. Wow.
t - cam
Bryan98
AG
Wow, we're away to every other Big Six club in the first half except for Liverpool. Chelsea week two would be a great time for us to start a new trend.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
In!
Fairview20
AG
Yeah finding a respectable backup for Kane is going to be huge with the amount of games he's looking at playing in right now.
t - cam
AG
Fairview20 said:

Yeah finding a respectable backup for Kane is going to be huge with the amount of games he's looking at playing in right now.

I feel like we have that in bergwjin. I don't want richarlison. I'd take Jesus though.
Fairview20
AG
I believe berjwin is wanting to leave for better playing time, and Conte is fine with letting him go if the price is right.
Bachelor99
Beau Bevers
AG
Let's go! COYS!
B$Weigem
AG
COYS!

A little transfer update. We've signed Perisic & Forester on frees. Should wrap up Bissouma today for about 30M and Djed Spence looks like it will happen. With that, Conte still wants a back up striker, a LCB, and a midfielder.

Top targets at biggest need IMO (LCB) are Bremer, Gvardiol, Pau Torres, Marc Guehi, and Clement Lenglet.

Big talk now that we are preparing a 90M offer for Laturo Martinez

- Spurs are challenging United for both Eriksen and Antony from Ajax. Paqueta an option if Eriksen chooses manu

Udogie links who I think we would loan right back out (young RWB). Same situation as Sarr.

Now for exits:

Transfer rundown:
- Atleti in for Royal in addition to Lo Celso.
- Bergwijn will definitely find a new home but not a shoe in for Ajax due to spurs high valuation.
- Sanchez (Monaco & marseille interest), Rodon, and Winks all on the block.
- Tanguy definitely trying to move but wages an issue
GIF Reactor
AG
COYS!
t - cam
AG
B$Weigem said:

COYS!

A little transfer update. We've signed Perisic & Forester on frees. Should wrap up Bissouma today for about 30M and Djed Spence looks like it will happen. With that, Conte still wants a back up striker, a LCB, and a midfielder.

Top targets at biggest need IMO (LCB) are Bremer, Gvardiol, Pau Torres, Marc Guehi, and Clement Lenglet.

Big talk now that we are preparing a 90M offer for Laturo Martinez

- Spurs are challenging United for both Eriksen and Antony from Ajax. Paqueta an option if Eriksen chooses manu

Udogie links who I think we would loan right back out (young RWB). Same situation as Sarr.

Now for exits:

Transfer rundown:
- Atleti in for Royal in addition to Lo Celso.
- Bergwijn will definitely find a new home but not a shoe in for Ajax due to spurs high valuation.
- Sanchez (Monaco & marseille interest), Rodon, and Winks all on the block.
- Tanguy definitely trying to move but wages an issue

Great update, While I'd like Eriksen back that just has a strange feel to it. He was soo checked out before he left the last time. left a bad taste in my mouth.
DeangeloVickers
AG
B$Weigem
AG
Full update tomorrow but some quick notes:

Richarlison looking real. Could be wrapped up this week.

Lenglet from Barcelona looks like a strong possibility. Looks like he has until the end of the week to decide. Has fallen a bit out of favor but VERY strong carrying the ball forward from the LCB which is what Davies does now. Lenglet is elite in this aspect.

Not sure if any other targets are real or not. Gvardiol is a STUD but super expensive.

Nothing new on Spence that I've seen…strangely quiet

Bergwijn real smoke to Everton. They've offered better terms.

Need to offload some foreign players to help stay in line/homegrown outgoings of winks and maybe rodon on loan

Tanguy "working hard" but I doubt he plays for us again

Emerson want to stay but athleti interested in him and tanganga
BarryProfit
Great window and still not done. COYS!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So four in:

Ivan Perisic - MF can play Striker or WB
Fraser Forster - GK
Yves Bissouma - MF
Richarlison - F

Supposedly pursuing and have a good shot at
Djed Spence - RB who played on loan at Nottingham last year helping them get promoted
Clement Lenglet - Barca center back
Jesse Lingard - supposedly we have jumped in the free agent pursuit as another central midfielder

And in under 23 moves we signed
Tyrell Ashcroft
Josh Keeley
BarryProfit
Bachelor99
AG
any insight as to why we are not pursuing ericksen? perhaps, still some bad blood on how he left? he fits a need position as a creative MF but perhaps he doesnt fit conte's system? in conte we trust
Bryan98
AG
Bachelor99 said:

any insight as to why we are not pursuing ericksen? perhaps, still some bad blood on how he left? he fits a need position as a creative MF but perhaps he doesnt fit conte's system? in conte we trust

On the one hand, he's played for Conte very recently. On the other hand, I can see where a system with attacking wingbacks might want two mids who are both more defensive than Eriksen - but I'm not super versed in tactics.
Bachelor99
AG
i think eriksen would thrive under a 3-5-2 as the more attacking mid....we essentially played 3-5-2 at times with HK coming to the MF and creating scoring chances...the opening goal against City comes to mind with HK playing a through ball to Son and Son calmly passing off to Kulu...

a son/richarlison front 2 would be quite dangerous for PL defenses
DeangeloVickers
AG

I am glad ge didn't come back. The way he left time was weird/bizarre but awesome player and shouldn't have his jersey burned
Bryan98
AG
Jersey burning online for clout is some thirsty behavior.

I agree that he left the club on less than great terms, but his incident at the Euros has softened my view of him. AFAIK Conte didn't really want him, and it doesn't seem like he chose United over us, so I'm fine with whatever.

Also: What a world we live in where you wonder why a player would choose United. XD
Fairview20
AG
Bergjwin sold for roughly 30M to Ajax. Pretty solid haul for him considering his limited PT.
t - cam
AG
Fairview20 said:

Bergjwin sold for roughly 30M to Ajax. Pretty solid haul for him considering his limited PT.

I guess but I like begjwin. What did he cost is to buy?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
t - cam said:

Fairview20 said:

I guess but I like begjwin. What did he cost is to buy?

33M
Fairview20
AG
He's now 3 years older with little to show for in terms of reaching his potential. It's good value considering the situation.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Apparently Bergwijn wants more playing time ahead of world cup. Hearing we are getting 27.8M for him so a little less than 30.

And looking to bring in another dutchman Memphis Dupray as replacement. Market value of $33M but hearing we could get him in the low 20s. Barcelona reportedly looking to move him. He played 28 games and had 12 goals last year. Previously had EPL and CL experience with ManU.

According to my math we've spent $95M and sold $35M on a budget of $150M reportedly. So still room to make moves.

B$Weigem
AG
Lenglet deal done.

Working on Spence - weird deal…sounds like we upped our offer but Middlesbrough seem to be the Josie. Changing/adding add ons back and forth. Interesting because of his overall price tag one would think we'd make it happen if he was a clear and obvious addition.

Rumors are Bremer plans to reject all EPL offers and join inter.. shame if true, would be a terrific add for spurs. Will keep the pressure on and think we are still in the market for a CB
Socrates05
AG
With Lenglet in, RWB seems to be the only priority addition we are still looking for immediately. Get a RWB in and then look for another CB and an attacker later in the window while concentrating on the outgoings and this is an A window.
DeangeloVickers
AG

t - cam
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I loved the solar system look from last year. This year is awful.
Fairview20
AG

Very solid signing. A young player with a bunch of potential that should be able to surpass Doherty down the line once he gets older.
Hey...so.. um
What else do we need? Another CB?
t - cam
AG
Will our moves this summer get Davies off the field?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.