*****Official 2021-2022 EPL Relegation Battle*****

16,933 Views | 339 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by KCup17
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
deadbq03 said:

And Newcastle will be on 6 days rest while Burnley will be on 3.

I bet we'll see a gutty draw from at least one of the games, but I agree that 0 pts is a reasonably high probability.
I could see Burnley eking out a miracle draw against Newcastle (you know, extra time goal where the keeper comes up and bangs home the equalizer -- something like that).
KCup17
AG
I think it's gonna be a real tough game for Burnley to close out the season. Newcastle looking really good. Should be a real fun Championship Sunday.
Furlock Bones
AG
KCup17 said:

I think it's gonna be a real tough game for Burnley to close out the season. Newcastle looking really good. Should be a real fun Championship Sunday.

Definitely some Newcastle Players will be trying to impress before the summer.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Huddersfield is in the final at Wembley

Nottingham Forrest is tied with Sheffield United in extra time on ESPn+ to see who meets Huddersfield.
KCup17
AG
Cannot believe Nottingham gave up the 2 goal lead...
DeangeloVickers
AG
KCup17 said:

Cannot believe Nottingham gave up the 2 goal lead...

They just had two huge chances. Brutal. On the home ground...Shef Uniteds goalie just went down too..
DeangeloVickers
AG
Unbelievable save from Forest goalie. Wow.
KCup17
AG
Samba with the save of his life. My goodness.
KCup17
AG
Now in PK's. Samba saves the first Sheff U spot kick. Nott. Forest sinks the first.

As I type this Samba saves the 2nd spot kick.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Samba. Wow.
Aston94
AG
Forest wins on pks!!!
KCup17
AG
Best of luck to Nottingham Forest at Wembley!
Aston94
AG
We are down to five games in the relegation battle, and we still have three teams looking to avoid the final spot. There are two matches on Thursday and then all three teams will have matches on Sunday. No matter what happens tomorrow there will still be a relegation spot in the balance on the last match day, which makes for an exciting day. There will also be the EPL Trophy up for grabs and the 4th Champions League position still to determine, so will be an action-packed Sunday. But first, there are two midweek games which will determine who will be desperate for points come Sunday.

Current Relegation Standings:
Team GP Points +/-
16. Everton 36 36 (-20)
17. Leeds 37 35 (-36)
18. Burnley 36 34 (-18)
19. Watford 37 23
20. Norwich 37 22

Mid-Week Games

Thursday:
Everton v. Crystal Palace (1:45pm, Goodison Park, USA Network). Everton will welcome Crystal Palace to the Northwest and, with a win, guarantee themselves safety from relegation. After two straight wins, the Toffees looked to have pulled themselves out of the relegation battle, but a draw with lowly Watford and a loss to Brentford have seen Everton remain in relegation contention. Everton really only need 2 points from their final 2 matches to assure safety, as they have a much superior goal differential to Leeds. Palace will enter Sunday's match in good form, having not lost in their last 4 matches. Palace secured a 3-1 win over Everton in December when the clubs met at Selhurst Park, and a win at Goodison would give Palace their first ever Premier League double over Everton. If Palace jump out ahead tensions will be high at Goodison, as I am sure the Toffee supporters will come looking to celebrate their safety. Everton travel to London to meet what will be a very determined Arsenal team on Sunday, so the Toffees will be looking to guarantee their safety on Thursday and avoid any last day issues.

Aston Villa v. Burnley (2pm, Villa Park, Peacock). Burnley will travel to the Midlands to face Aston Villa for the second time in a week and a half, as the clubs make up a game postponed earlier in the season. Villa beat Burnley 3-1 last time out, stopping a three match winning streak for Burnley and putting their hopes of remaining in the EPL in peril. A loss over the weekend to Tottenham assured Burnley that it would be in the relegation battle until the very end. A win would pull Burnley out of the bottom three and put the Clarets in a good position going into the final match. A loss to Villa and Burnley would need help to avoid relegation. So really a huge match in the relegation fight. Aston Villa have been in good form, only losing one of their last 5 matches. Burnley end the season against Newcastle at Turf Moor, so getting a point at Villa would be a big one.

Enjoy the games!!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Ok. Huge day. I want Everton to lose and Burnley to get 1 point. That would leave Everton at 36 pts and Leeds and Burnley each at 35 and make every game Sunday be must watch TV.
KCup17
AG
Come on Everton. Make my day.
oh no
AG
i just wanted Burnley to lose today and Sunday so Leeds can stay up. ..but oh hell, Everton losing both days would be swell too.
Mathguy64
AG
Less than 2 minutes in and Zaha is already in fine form.
KCup17
AG
Ayew with a naughty challenge

And then scores. HA!
DeangeloVickers
AG
And then a goal by Ayew. Wow.

Might not be enough alcohol at the stadium today.
Mathguy64
AG
Oh my. Ayew with the classic EPL yellow and red everywhere else. Pickford comes in to it from 60 yards away.

And then it's 2-0. It's on like donkey Kong.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I still say it's because Gordon is the worst flopper in the entire EPL...anyone else and it's red
oh no
AG
Burnley is up
oh no
AG
everton gets one back.

burnley still winning..

...could be disastrous for Marsch and Leeds United.
Aston94
AG
1-1 now in Burnley game.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Oh my 2-2 Everton
Aston94
AG
2-2 for Everton
Mathguy64
AG
Come on CP. Try.
KCup17
AG
Come on CP bury em...
oh no
AG
..and come on, Villa, bury Burnley
Mathguy64
AG
Wow. Just wow.
Unemployed
AG
Fans rushing the field at Everton.
OneBlitzer
AG
Impressive goal! Crowd rushes the pitch! What a moment!
DeangeloVickers
AG
oh no
AG
looks like Everton is safe. Pulisic is subbed off in the Chelsea match. I'm just watching Villa - Burnley for the next 20 minutes.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I mean.....an Ayew goal here would just be awesome (I dont care who goes down or up)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.