***** Official 2018 World Cup Group F Thread *****

36,765 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game sucks
Polish1979
AG
Terrible announcers and terrible ref
Builder93
AG
Coming in late. Been watching the whole game. Korea got screwed on the start of the counter attack by Mexico on that last goal.
Juan Solo
AG
Sisqo in for Lozano
Furlock Bones
AG
Builder93 said:

Coming in late. Been watching the whole game. Korea got screwed on the start of the counter attack by Mexico on that last goal.

Problem is SK has been fouling the **** out of Mexico and getting away with a lot of them. Hard to feel bad for a missed call on Mexico.
Mathguy64
AG
If he had cautioned some of the fouls in the first half he wouldnt be in this position now. I know FIFA doesn't want cards and I know they want 11v11 play but this is really messing up the game play in every game.

There have been something like 70 matches so far and not one 2nd yellow send off. Not one.
Juan Solo
AG
Ay yay yay yay! Canta y no llores!
Mathguy64
AG
That's a foul on Ki and a card. You just cannot slide in with your studs exposed.
PatAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Builder93 said:

Problem is SK has been fouling the **** out of Mexico and getting away with a lot of them. Hard to feel bad for a missed call on Mexico.

He absolutely should have been carding Korea much earlier, but none of them were a no-call on a blatant foul that directly leads to a counter attack goal
Builder93
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Builder93 said:

I think both of them have been fouling. Referees not doing a great job.

I grew up playing in So. Texas. I hate the Mexican style of play. Too much acting. I try not to let my experience color my impression. Like the keeper rolling around holding his ribs when he got touched in the leg.
Furlock Bones
AG
mathguy86 said:

If he had cautioned some of the fouls in the first half he wouldnt be in this position now. I know FIFA doesn't want cards and I know they want 11v11 play but this is really messing up the game play in every game.

There have been something like 70 matches so far and not one 2nd yellow send off. Not one.

Agreed. They've let way too much go.
Juan Solo
AG
South Korea is like Asia's Honduras
PatAg
AG
mathguy86 said:

Completely agree with you. You end up with games with no rhythm or flow to it when the ref doesn't call it correctly early.
PatAg
AG
I'm completely with you in regards to Mexico normally, but Korea has been hacking the crap out of Mexico all game.
dan87
AG
Announcer is incredibly biased. Any time the ball is on the Mexican attacking half, from the sound of it you would think it's the greatest thing he's ever seen. Any shot taken by mexico is the most insanely amazing shot ever taken.
Mathguy64
AG
And that was embellishment. Chicharito dove into the arm.
Bunk Moreland
dan87 said:

Announcer is incredibly biased. Any time the ball is on the Mexican attacking half, from the sound of it you would think it's the greatest thing he's ever seen. Any shot taken by mexico is the most insanely amazing shot ever taken.

Well no ***** There's a huge push of support for the Mexican team here and the announcers are calling it for an American audience.
PatAg
AG
mathguy86 said:

And that was embellishment. Chicharito dove into the arm.

Was like watching WWE
La Bamba
AG
Little bean flopped there and was then talking trash
PatAg
AG
Here come the cramps
PatAg
AG
Weird, ref appeared to indicate he was stopping the clock and the cramps went away
Builder93
AG
I remember watching a team from South SA doing a flopping drill. Couldn't believe it. They consider that part of the game. From then on when they tried to pull that crap on me I made sure the foul counted.
dan87
AG
Just annoys me.
PatAg
AG
Builder93 said:

I remember watching a team from South SA doing a flopping drill. Couldn't believe it. They consider that part of the game. From then on when they tried to pull that crap on me I made sure the foul counted.

We always would make sure anyone that flopped got a hard 50/50 foul later in the game..nothing studs up or anything, just a good shoulder tackle
Bunk Moreland
Fair.

For me, when it comes to a world event like this and not a yearly season or league, especially with countries as teams... I'm totally OK with bias towards the side the overwhelming majority of the audience is rooting for.
duck79
AG
Same here. Grew up playing in around CC and feel the same. Where did you play?
Mathguy64
AG
"So far no homophobic chant."

Gold. That's pure gold.
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

I'm completely with you in regards to Mexico normally, but Korea has been hacking the crap out of Mexico all game.

It's mexico so there's still plenty of dives but I agree with you. This Korean team is definitely playing rough.

I still think most of these challenges that are called for fouls aren't really fouls.
dan87
AG
Too much color commentating for my likes too, and based mostly on emotion.

"South Korea claimed that it was going to be an offensive nightmare for Mexico, and it hasn't turned out that way at all!" (As he says that, they show stats of 15 shots on goal and 5 on target, all more than Mexico).
Builder93
AG
San Antonio area. Back when we had sweet polyester short shorts.
TshirtVulture
It's not just Mexico overacting..... its all soccer. i Want to like soccer. I really do but it's hard to do especially this soon after hockey playoffs. Oooppps there's another. Ridiculous
Mathguy64
AG
That was a laser beam.
Furlock Bones
AG
What a goal!
Juan Solo
AG
Nice
La Bamba
AG
That Son is good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.