***** Official 2018 World Cup Group F Thread *****

36,795 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Germany playing some lackadaisical defense. That Mexican analyst is going to be insufferable at halftime
MookieBlaylock
AG
This ref is turrible

OregonAggie
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Ya'll arent cheering hard enough for Germany!!!

I'm wearing a Germany shirt in Padre while being surrounded by the enemy! Dammit I hope Germany wins!
JJxvi
AG
Fun game
AGC
AG
Hummels looks out of his element and is making a lot of mistakes. Kroos looks old, can cover but lazy on defending responsibilities just outside his own box. One reason I want Kroos to move on from RM.
gougler08
AG
That first half from Germany was meh, better pick it up
OregonAggie
AG
Low better light a fire at halftime. Germany looks really sluggish and Mexico is coming to play.

I'm predicting a 2-1 Germany win.
LeonardSkinner
On the plus side, Mexico invariably ****s the bed in the WC when they face a side that's actually playing well, with a competent referee.
La Bamba
AG
The German coach needs a looser shirt. That's why his team's playing like garbage. Is it cold in the stadium?
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Wrong Mexico 2-0
Builder93
AG
Germany missing out on fast break opportunities. They do a good job advancing the ball and then slow the advancement down in the box. All Mexico has to do is collapse and wait for an opportunity to put the ball back down field because half the German team is 30 yards from the Mexican goal. I don't understand why the wings arent pushing the ball into the corner and crossing back into the box. Germany has the height advantage.
LeonardSkinner
Builder93 said:

Germany missing out on fast break opportunities. They do a good job advancing the ball and then slow the advancement down in the box. All Mexico has to do is collapse and wait for an opportunity to put the ball back down field because half the German team is 30 yards from the Mexican goal. I don't understand why the wings arent pushing the ball into the corner and crossing back into the box. Germany has the height advantage.

I see them going to the right wing a lot, but it seems to break down prior to getting service into the box.
Builder93
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Builder93 said:

I see them going to the right wing a lot, but it seems to break down prior to getting service into the box.

He is stopping and dancing around instead of taking it deep. He has a step on the defender but stops the ball every time at the top of the penalty box.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cheering for Nazis
LeonardSkinner
I see the German strategy. Dick around, miss on a pass or dribble in the final third, and if by chance everything does work out, kick it right at Ochoa.
LeonardSkinner
Ooohhh... Himmich with a little wrinkle. Decides to kick it well over Ochoa.
LeonardSkinner
Never thought I'd see the day where Germany was absolutely useless inside of 20 yards from the end line.
Mathguy64
AG
Both teams are committing huge defensive errors and give aways.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Brazil should be very very pleased with what we're seeing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Builder93
AG
Only shot Germany can get is from outside the box. Mexico with 6-7 players in the box.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I cannot handle the stress.
LeonardSkinner
Werner has been invisible up front.
eiggA2002
AG
Mexico is going to get plenty of opportunities to hit them on the counter again. Germany leaving miles of open space in the middle and they'll be forced to push deeper and deeper to score.
Hot take: ter Stegen should've started in goal
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cheering for Nazis

The Fatherland.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PENAL
Mathguy64
AG
Germany is lucky. That's a penalty.
LeonardSkinner
That was a Charlie foxtrot. That's a penalty or a dive. You can't pass on making a call.
Builder93
AG
Lots of angry Mexicans right now.
Mathguy64
AG
And lucky not to draw a card at the other end cleaning out the defender on that clearance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ERA PENAL
The Collective
AG
Here comes the 5 minute timeout
JJxvi
AG
It should have been a penalty
AGC
AG
AGC said:

Hummels looks out of his element and is making a lot of mistakes. Kroos looks old, can cover but lazy on defending responsibilities just outside his own box. One reason I want Kroos to move on from RM.

I stand by this after the non-PK. Hummels is chasing chicharoto to get to the ball. He needs to be benched.
BQ_90
AG
Last time Germany looked this bad on Russian soil was Stalingrad
LeonardSkinner
BQ_90 said:

Last time Germany looked this bad on Russian soil was Stalingrad

At least they actually got to Moscow this time before it all went to hell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.