***** Official 2018 World Cup Group F Thread *****

36,583 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone considering naming a kid after a Mexican soccer player should consider Hyeon-Woo for the middle name.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
gambochaman said:

dead ass last in their group...not sure what Low was doing with this lineup

first time ever that germany fail to advance from group stage...wowowowow
I mean, we played better in this game than the other two games, but damn, Germany laid a huge goose egg.
bagger05
AG
Final standings in Group F absolutely reflect how things looked on the field. Germany at the bottom of the group where they belong.
bmc13
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

gambochaman said:

I mean, we played better in this game than the other two games, but damn, Germany laid a huge goose egg.
And they still looked ****ing awful. Slow and taking awful chances. The few times they had decent shots, they ****ed them up badly.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

aznaggiegirl07 said:

gambochaman said:

And they still looked ****ing awful. Slow and taking awful chances. The few times they had decent shots, they ****ed them up badly.
Agreed...finishing is the thing we cannot do...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

No draws in any of the 6 Group F matches.

Everyone is 2-1 or 1-2.

Only group with everyone getting at least 1 win and no draws.

Group A had 3-0, 2-1, 1-2 and 0-3.

Group G has 2 at 2-0 and 2 at 0-2.
bagger05
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

gambochaman said:

Didn't get to see the whole game but honestly didn't look that different from what we've seen from them in the other two games. They couldn't break down Sweden or Mexico. Hell, they don't look like they could break down the defense from Sweetwater or Mexia.

No "moments of quality" as Stu Holden likes to say. They can possess it okay but nobody can step up and make a great play.
JJxvi
AG
I feel like VAR had a bad game in SWE-MEX but the result was so lopsided it didnt end up mattering. It absolutely made the difference in getting the correct result of SK-GER, although it might not have changed the group outcome without Germany scoring after that.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
bagger05 said:

aznaggiegirl07 said:

gambochaman said:

Didn't get to see the whole game but honestly didn't look that different from what we've seen from them in the other two games. They couldn't break down Sweden or Mexico. Hell, they don't look like they could break down the defense from Sweetwater or Mexia.

No "moments of quality" as Stu Holden likes to say. They can possess it okay but nobody can step up and make a great play.
Agreed.
jeffdjohnson
I thought Germany had more quality chances. Multiple good looks off crosses, any one of which gets headed home and the game ends 1-0. I would have been ****ting bricks if I was a Mexico fan on each and every one of those attempts.
bagger05
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

I thought Germany had more quality chances. Multiple good looks off crosses, any one of which gets headed home and the game ends 1-0. I would have been ****ting bricks if I was a Mexico fan on each and every one of those attempts.
Oh for sure, but as a mostly impartial observer, I would have been fairly surprised if Germany scored late to win it. Only two goals in three games and one of those was off a set piece that was extremely well-taken but defended very poorly.
gig them
AG
Germany deserves to go home.

Low has some tough questions to answer.

The federation has some even tougher questions to answer regarding the initial squad selection.

First the US, now Germany... everything I support dies a horrible death
MookieBlaylock
AG
That was lows 3rd cycle 12 years is along time to keep players interested

If he isn't fired today for that crap show I would be shocked
gambochaman
AG
gig them said:

The federation has some even tougher questions to answer regarding the initial squad selection.

dont worry man, just wait til the fall for Aggie Football and...oh wait yeah...crap
JJxvi
AG
There is zero chance Low will be back.
Aggie_3
gig them said:

Yep his entire roster selection for this World Cup had a lot of die hard Germany supporters like myself scratching my head. Even going back to qualification for the World Cup he really wasn't picking very strong sides. I hate hearing people say well this is Germany they should be able to win even with their B players. This is an absolute embarrassment for The National team and for the FA as a whole. Low deserved massive praise for 2014 but he needs to be gone as soon as the plane touches down
BassCowboy33
PascalsWager
AG
The Bundesliga is clearly the 4th best league in the world at this point. Down from 2nd when Germany won the world Cup and dropping like a stone. This past year, it recorded a 9 in its coefficient. A FREAKING NINE! I've never seen a top 5 league NOT break double digits. La Liga and Premier League regularly breaks 20 points. The financial safeguards the Germans have put into place are holding back the progress of their clubs and I'll argue the therefore the national team.
jeffdjohnson
PascalsWager said:

The Bundesliga is clearly the 4th best league in the world at this point. Down from 2nd when Germany won the world Cup and dropping like a stone. This past year, it recorded a 9 in its coefficient. A FREAKING NINE! I've never seen a top 5 league NOT break double digits. La Liga and Premier League regularly breaks 20 points. The financial safeguards the Germans have put into place are holding back the progress of their clubs and I'll argue the therefore the national team.

Just imagine how bad the Bundesliga will be when Pulisic goes to Real Madrid.
PatAg
AG
PascalsWager said:

Out of curiosity, what is used to create this coeffcient? Just games played against other leagues?
MidTnAg
AG
Watching replay. Question.

Was third Mexico goal declared an own goal?
JJxvi
AG
Yes
hurleyag
AG
yes
MidTnAg
AG
Thanks.
MidTnAg
AG
Two handball calls in the penalty area in the world cup have been reviewed and one was called a handball and one wasn't.
Just do not like the inconsistencies of the referees in their calls. It takes away from the players determining the outcome of the games instead of of the referees.

I've been involved in soccer for many years and still do not understand why in the entire world FIFA cannot get referees that are consistent with their calling.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
MidTnAg said:

Two handball calls in the penalty area in the world cup have been reviewed and one was called a handball and one wasn't.
Just do not like the inconsistencies of the referees in their calls. It takes away from the players determining the outcome of the games instead of of the referees.

I've been involved in soccer for many years and still do not understand why in the entire world FIFA cannot get referees that are consistent with their calling.
Because people are swayed by money.
JJxvi
AG
It's because it's FIFA. World's game blah blah blah, all that nonsense. You have to have referees from all over the place. The ref Caceres in the Portugal-Iran game, yeah he refs in Copa America and Libertadores, but the majority of his games are Paraguayan league games. How professional and how much do you think he even gets paid for those, I wonder? It's the same deal as everything. Why do 250 countries, including places with not one good professional player to their name get an equal vote on where the ****ing World Cup is? Because it's not about quality of the sport, it's politics, and feels, and everybody in the world or whatever too.
Mathguy64
AG
MidTnAg said:

Cacares was a deer in the headlights on his call. You could tell on his body language that he didn't want any part of all three VAR calls. I think he was afraid of not calling it because the Iranians were incensed and all over him before walking to the monitor. He did it out of self preservation.

Cakir was certain of his call before his video check and he wasn't reversing his call period.

IMHO neither were handling.
byfLuger41
AG
Hold me.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.