* Liverpool 2017-2018 Thread *

64,194 Views | 1318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you had told me at the start of the day the reds would be up 5-2, I would have taken it in a heart beat.

However, it does feel like just a bit of a let down.

In any case, you have to like the odds to advance.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

I liked 5-0 better, but 5-2 isn't bad either. They'll have to push hard in leg 2 and I think we can get another goal or two.
That's what Barca thought as well
jeffk
AG
wangus12 said:

jeffk said:

I liked 5-0 better, but 5-2 isn't bad either. They'll have to push hard in leg 2 and I think we can get another goal or two.
That's what Barca thought as well

It's nice of them to give us that cautionary tale. I'm sure Klopp and the boys are aware.
datrixstunna
AG
Don't cut your team short. I have 100% faith in their bottling services.
byfLuger41
AG
Good work!
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watched the replay tonight. Shame they took their foot off the gas. But on a positive note my wife said as we were watching the game, " I don't care what they cost, we're going to the game at Chelsea. "

So I guess I need to buy some tickets. Maybe MO will set the record that weekend?
OregonAggie
AG
I'll eat crow if they get clobbered next game but there's no way they don't make the final. The offense is too potent right now.

And that shot by Mo....ho lee chit
akm91
AG
Lucky you!
gig them
AG
We're one of the best counter attacking sides in the world, and we're going to play a team that's hell bent on throwing everything at us.

I like our chances to grab one in the return leg.
HamptonTomatoes
AG
Ox out for remainder of season and missing WC for England. Sucks so bad especially given his form lately.
jeffk
AG
Just read that - ligament damage. Gutted for him: he has had some awful luck with injuries and WCs.
akm91
AG
Man that sucks...
byfLuger41
AG
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
gig them
AG
HamptonTomatoes said:

Ox out for remainder of season and missing WC for England. Sucks so bad especially given his form lately.

Man, that's awful. Hate that it has a WC impact.
OregonAggie
eiggA2002
AG
That was terrible. We looked tired.
jeffk
AG
Looked like hammered dog **** today ( to borrow a euphemism from an old coaching buddy).
jeffk
AG
On a happy note, this happened today. Quality is fantastic considering the Chinese-ness of the selling shop on eBay.

Dre_00
Your GD will probably make it a moot point but you guys sure are trying hard to blow top 4.
jeffk
AG
Well, you see, there's this other tournament we're in right now too...

Seriously though, dropping four points these last two weekends makes for some unenjoyable watching.
jeffk
AG
This is actually a big deal. Bobby Bright Teeth has been huge for us this year.

eiggA2002
AG
This is a huge deal for sure and he's worth every penny and more....Salah is going to get upped this year too.
eiggA2002
AG
This on the other hand is not good news...

OregonAggie
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mo-salah-could-face-three-12452909.amp

What's going on around here?!?!? He clearly threw a punch at one of the players on the field but missed badly.
jeffk
AG
Is there a video that shows the incident? The still images look bad, but it's hard to tell what was going on.
jeffk
AG
Also, I just wanted to say that I thought Klopp walking out to the officials but then refusing to shake one of their hands post-game was childish. They missed an obvious PK call and I get why he was frustrated (the team played like dog crap, missed calls regardless) but don't sink to that level of pettiness.
Mathguy64
AG
"Strikes or attempts to strike". You don't have to connect. That's one way to be rested for the UCL finals.
jeffk
AG
Do they review game tape of every match to find incidents like this?
Mathguy64
AG
Yes. If the CR says he saw it but thought it wasn't an offense they won't do anything. If he doesn't report it the FA will go back and decide. 3 man panel.
jeffk
AG
Interesting. I'd still like to actually see video of the incident - like I said, the still images look bad, but it's hard to tell what's going on from a couple of screenshots.

Also, I like how to major implication mentioned in the article is OHNOES! HARRY KANE MIGHT TAKE THE LEAD BACK IN THE RACE FOR THE GOLDEN BOOT!!! Not to mention we're trying to hold on to a freakin' top four spot!
jeffk
AG
Best I could find. Looks like a whiffed punch to me. His intentions may have been to clear off the defender pulling his jersey, but he went high with a hand towards the head.

That said, they didn't suspend an opposing player for punching Ings while he was on the ground a week or so ago, so who knows if the FA will actually address it.
Mathguy64
AG
Thats a punch. I cant imagine the FA panel would see anything other than VC there. IT takes a unanimous verdict to charge him. Maybe he will get lucky and one guy will say he was just pushing off after the shirt pull.
Dre_00
FA isn't taking action. Honestly...kinda looks like a "get off me" move.

That said, I firmly believe reputation plays a factor in this stuff. Everyone loves Salah. If that was Rooney, he'd probably be banned.
jeffk
AG
Oh, most definitely. All sports treat their stars and "good guys" preferentially when it comes to this sort of thing.

If he picks up a ban, I won't be protesting it in the least, but I'd actually be surprised if they have the stones to ban him.
Dre_00
I don't have a link but on Twitter BBC claimed FA had already decided no further action.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.