* Liverpool 2017-2018 Thread *

64,197 Views | 1318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
CaveDwellinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hoping the Ox continues to develop. Easy to forget how young he still is.

Given what we know right now, I'd be okay with Ox and Keita starting next year, with Lallana and Gini backing up. Or Gini shipped to literally anywhere else and somebody else backing up those two.

Gonna be really mad when Can leaves
joemeister
AG
CaveDwellinAg
AG
joemeister74 said:

1) cool video, thanks for posting
2) where is the video of Salah running downfield with everybody chasing him, from the tunnel? Loved that one
3) didn't notice Salah wheeling away in celebration before the goal went in, when it was live
4) Wish Gundogan has wanted to join
jeffk
JoeOlson
AG
BTHO Swansea
gig them
AG
Monday Night Futbol
jeffk
AG
Swansea is dead last in the league so I'm fully expecting us to play them to a heart-stopping 3-3 draw.
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
Swans content to sit 11 men behind the ball and counter twice a game. We've had some decent looks, but it's tough to break through with that many bodies crammed in there. 0-0 35'.
jeffk
AG
aaaaaaand we give up a goal on a failed corner clearance. 0-1.
jeffk
AG
Beating ManCity and ending their streak then losing to the worst team in the league a week later is peak Liverpool.
CaveDwellinAg
AG
God ****ing dammit
gig them
AG
jeffk
AG
We really struggle breaking down a bunkered team. We'd be better off just passing them the ball and luring then into attacking, then countering them.

And holy crap our corners were atrocious yesterday.
eiggA2002
AG
Quote:

We really struggle breaking down a bunkered team. We'd be better off just passing them the ball and luring then into attacking, then countering them.
Ha, I was thinking about this same thing while watching that mess. When they cram 10-11 guys into the box and barely move it's almost impossible to get any space. No excuses, but that was one of the most awful matches I've seen. When they got the first goal, I knew we were dead.
jeffk
AG
What was maddening me was that despite the fact that our only chances came from swinging the ball into the box, our outside players time and again would get it on the sideline then just pull it back and send it back to our CBs. We should have just sent cross after cross after cross in, but our wings and OBs apparently didn't get that message.
gig them
AG
Sometimes, you gotta win ugly

Especially when the ugly win is the only available path
OregonAggie
AG
Did Gomez have even a single good service into the box? Seemed like every cross was an utter waste of energy.

gig them
AG
I'm not sure what Gomez is, exactly... but I'm pretty sure he's not a right back

I wonder if he's one of those guys that's substitute quality at multiple spots, but "first XI" quality at none
jeffk
AG
LOL - came over here to post that we'd gone up 1-0 on Bobby's great opening goal, but WB equalizes before I can even get the window open.

1-1.
jeffk
AG
Double LOL. Now down 1-2. Center mids looking like lamp posts hanging our CBs out to dry.

Final will probably end up 4-4 or some nonsense.
jeffk
AG
Holy smokes. What would have been WBA's third goal is waived off as their scoring player fouled Firmino (GK was screened out illegally too). Dodged a bullet, but we're already shot to pieces.
jeffk
AG
And not a minute later VAR awards us a PK on the other end for a foul on Salah.

VAR is the signing of the century!
jeffk
AG
And Firmino hits the crossbar on his PK attempt.

What is life?
jeffk
AG
This is just funny now. WBA scores in stoppage time because our backline really isn't a line at all.
jeffk
AG
We should probably try to sell Can at halftime, as his value is plummeting.
OregonAggie
AG
Jeez we need to put one in soon...

Overstatement of the day, I know.
OregonAggie
AG
2-3 Salah scores in 78th minute.

Ok boys we need another one!!!
jeffk
AG
Welp.

Awful defensive effort today. Can can grab a seat and let's roll with Hendo next match.
datrixstunna
AG
I love the FA cup.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
datrixstunna said:

I love the FA cup.

jeffk
AG
Also, Brewster had knee surgery today and is out the rest of the season.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Welp.

Awful defensive effort today. Can can grab a seat and let's roll with Hendo next match.

Can shouldn't see the field for while. Klopp's subs were too late but we're definitely effective.
eiggA2002
AG
Good. We can focus on CL and Premier League while Spurs get a replay and get into fixture issues in between tough league matches and CL. Have I said that I hate the domestic cups yet? Give me Top 4 and QF (hopefully) of CL over FA or League Cup any day. Go LiVARpool!
gig them
AG
tbh I'm pretty "meh" on domestic cups, too. Especially since we're still alive in the CL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.