* Liverpool 2017-2018 Thread *

64,729 Views | 1318 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You want Barca in the final and pray that it is your day
jeffk
AG
Pretty underwhelming draw. Oh, well.
OregonAggie
AG
I was hoping for any other team over City
jeffk
AG
Lol.

byfLuger41
Mathguy64
Dre_00
Ha...thought the exact same thing when I heard it.

Of course the flip side is that one of our biggest rivals is going to be 3 games from winning the CL.
eiggA2002
AG
Bleh...was hoping for someone we haven't played twice already this season. Going to be a grind in April. 4 games in two weeks.
jeffk
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG
SALAH MUST BE ANGRY TOO. EAT THAT WATFORD BEETCHES.

Liverpool up 1-0
OregonAggie
AG
Can hurt and I'm not sure how in the 27th minute. Milner on now.

Now at least I get to see Milner crack a bunch of guys.
OregonAggie
AG
Hendo needs to be subbed out. He can't complete a damn pass they they've had 3 chances as a result of 3 errant Henderson passes.
OregonAggie
AG
43RD MINUTE ROBERTSON TO SALAH FOR GOAL 2.

IM TALKING TO MYSELF BUT I DONT CARE!!!!

2-0 LIVERPOOL
toucan82
Wooooo
jeffk
Out in Left Field
AG
How does Salah do the things he does
jeffk
AG
JK wasn't kidding when he said they were going to try to help Mo win the scoring title.
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

Hendo needs to be subbed out. He can't complete a damn pass they they've had 3 chances as a result of 3 errant Henderson passes.
Henderson was actually really good in that game. Led the team in touches, passes and accurate long balls.
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

OregonAggie said:

Henderson was actually really good in that game. Led the team in touches, passes and accurate long balls.

Most of that must've occurred after I stopped watching. He looked bad during the first half.
OregonAggie
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-player-ratings-four-snow-14425919.amp

LiverpoolEcho gave Henderson a rating of 6 and mentioned at least one of his errant passes.

Hopefully his form improves quickly
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-player-ratings-four-snow-14425919.amp

LiverpoolEcho gave Henderson a rating of 6 and mentioned at least one of his errant passes.

Hopefully his form improves quickly
You play holding midfielder and have 3 bad touches and 97 good ones and the fans murder you.
You play striker and have 3 good touches and 97 bad ones and the fans worship you.

Henderson is far from perfect and I am really excited to get Kieta next year, but he is still a core component to Liverpool's success. His positioning and tempo really help our front 3 shine. Yes he had 3-4 bad passes, but you cannot overlook the fact that he basically controlled a 5-0 demolition. What about the 80 passes that were right on the money?

I'll add that I actually thought that all 3 of our central midfielders played really well once Milner got in the game. They kept the ball moving and limited the amount of work the defenders had to deal with. The article you posted didn't give any of them credit, all of them were rated a 6. I'm not sure how you can score 5 goals, maintain 58% of the possession, only allow 4 total shots (1 on target) and have a central midfield that is basically "average". Very superficial analysis.
OregonAggie
AG
I don't think that's a superficial analysis at all. You're probably being too easy on the guys. Or maybe not.

I don't think the midfield as a whole played that well in the 1st half. We had stellar play up front again and a solid defense. Gini looked a little rusty on the ball but good in defense and Hendo made some poor passes. All of them had a strong work rate but they weren't stellar so they're rating seemed to fit. FYI, the ESPN ratings for each player was a point higher than the one I posted so they seemed to agree with you.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3424268/mohamed-salah-lays-siege-against-watford-with-an-impressive-performance

Keep in mind, my post was during the first half. ESPN noted Henderson played much better in the 2nd half...I was busy whipping a bunch of teenagers on FIFA during the second half and didn't watch!
jeffk
AG
Someone help me find a Salah Egypt jersey that won't bankrupt me.
AG@RICE
AG
jeffk said:

Someone help me find a Salah Egypt jersey that won't bankrupt me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Egypt-red-soccer-Jersey-10-Mohamed-Salah-Russia-2018-world-cup-football-Size-XL/112846686002?hash=item1a462fc732:g:-aEAAOSwfVhaSuLJ
OregonAggie
AG
There's only 5 of them left Jeff! Scoop one up!
jeffk
AG
Oooooo... thanks!

But now I found a Salah LFC away shirt, a Salah pumpkin spice shirt and a Salah Chelsea shirt.

Choices, choices.
Mathguy64
AG
If it were me I would splurge and get the Chelsea one. And then take a picture of me wearing it. And then post it on the Chelsea board. But I'm an ******* so you gotta factor that in the decision.
jeffk
AG
The thought definitely crossed my mind.

"If I were a rich man..."
AG@RICE
AG
FYI, ebay is the best place to find cheap jerseys. I bought my first Liverpool Stevie G jersey off of ebay 15 years ago from some guy in Thailand for like $25. It took like a month to show up, but it was pretty much authentic (tags, decals, patches and all). Same guy had all kinds of jerseys for like $25-30

I'm pretty certain most of the cheap jersey dealers on ebay work at some sweatshop where they manufacture those things. They probably smuggle a few out and sell them online.

If you think about it, by purchasing those jerseys we are directly fighting oppression.

toucan82
Beautiful morning
OregonAggie
AG
TAA can't run with Zaha...0-1 Palace.

toucan82
Not the best performance but 3 points is 3 points

Have a good weekend everyone
OregonAggie
AG
toucan82 said:

Not the best performance but 3 points is 3 points

Have a good weekend everyone

That Palace team has been playing very well lately so I take this as a good hard fought win.

I didn't realize until the other day that Palace has one of the more expensive rosters in the EPL...they just decided to start playing soccer after spotting the rest of the league 7 games!
jeffk
AG
Mane and Mo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.