Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

44,098 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If it makes you feel better, after the Deric sending off and the converted PK, we'll likely lose by a lot more than 1-0.
fig96
AG
Lost my MLS Live signal ("technical difficulties" message), was the penalty legit?
Dre_00
No clue. I'm in the same boat as you. Haven't see any social media complaints.
fig96
AG
Can't say I'm convinced by the replay. Deric might've touched his ankle, but didn't like he caused him to go down.
jeffk
AG
There was contact and he went down easy knowing Deric was the last man and he wasn't going to get to the loose ball.
Bockaneer
AG

looks like the pass back may have come off one of our boys negating his offside position

hard luck for sure
fig96
AG
Yup, foul call was weak but the offside non-call was correct. That ball was absolutely played back by our defender.

This has not been a season for good Dynamo luck.
cmoney00
AG
Anyone have a link to live version of dynamo game tonight?
jeffk
AG
Sorry, I've opted to watch a competent team tonight (Spurs) instead.
Out in Left Field
AG
1-0
Out in Left Field
AG
Never mind we suck 1-1
fig96
AG
quote:
Anyone have a link to live version of dynamo game tonight?

Streaming from their website:
http://houstondynamo.com/
Out in Left Field
AG
Suckness confirmed 1-2
Texaggie7nine
so many chances.

You have the entire net to tap it in and you put it in Raimondo's face.
7nine
Bockaneer
AG
I'd be more upset but over the years I've grown to be a huge fan of Rimando...

still c'mon Dynamo
Bockaneer
AG
seems they've been practicing that shot:
https://instagr.am/p/BEwCwzajx7Q
Dre_00
Another season of suck on the horizon. Let's see if a change is made come July or so if we're still sucking. Might be first glimpse into how interested the new ownership is in the team.
gig them
AG
Brad with a great effort against LA

https://streamable.com/j67c
Out in Left Field
AG
Up 2-0 at half
Out in Left Field
AG
W
jeffk
AG
Finally.
Dre_00
WE WON A GAME! WE WON A GAME! SWEET GOD ALMIGHTY WE WON A GAME!
Dre_00
In related news, RGV got the win at San Antonio with Lovejoy getting 2 and Manotas scoring as well. Nice that they are getting some PT
Bockaneer
AG
anybody watch it on tv? how'd Glenn handle Rico's tackling of Brad??
gig them
AG
Hey, we tried something different.

First start for Torres, Barnes on the left, and a new CB pairing (WOOOOO)!

Bruin came on for the last 30ish and played with great energy.

We switched stuff around and we didn't look like hot garbage.

It's a start.
AG@RICE
AG
Rodriguez has been a major issue all season long. He is a fantastic centerback with the ball at his feet; however, he really can't defend. I thought the CBs did a much better job covering space in the middle of the box and getting in front of attacking players.

It took too long for Coyle to bench Rodriguez. Im also worried that he will be re-seduced by Rodriguez's passing and put him right back in the lineup next game. I hope he realizes that when we play Alex and Rico both in the middle of the park, we don't need a player like Rodriguez.
Bockaneer
AG
what other options do we have bc 33 was sketchy
Dre_00
I missed the game but did I read that we had 35% possession at home with a 3 man central midfield? That's embarrassing if true. I'm not saying we need 65% but we aren't built to sit back and defend and play on the counter. We have 3 central mods and none of them are true possession mids.
AG@RICE
AG
quote:
I missed the game but did I read that we had 35% possession at home with a 3 man central midfield? That's embarrassing if true. I'm not saying we need 65% but we aren't built to sit back and defend and play on the counter. We have 3 central mods and none of them are true possession mids.

The Alex/Rico pairing at the base of the pyramid is limited. Neither of them have an elite skill or plays a specific position. If Alex was more efficient or if Rico had the range of a 25 year old it would be much different, but at the moment they don't have the ability to consistently win or hold possession.

Miadana doesn't help either. He lives to deliver the "important" pass, which he regularly does. Unfortunately, he will often give up possession quickly trying to exploit counter opportunities. Giles Barnes also loves to try to dribble out of pressure to force a counter, and often loses the ball quickly as well.

I honestly think this team can only win if it learns how to perfect the counter and hunker strategy. As you say, we don't really have anyone on the team who can hold possession.

I really think Rodriguez is the best "possession" player that the Dynamo have, so maybe they can try him next to Rico or Alex (further away from the goal).

JJxvi
AG
I miss Luis Garrido
DuncanField91
AG
Rodriguez as a holding mid seems like something we should try. I think he's a better option than Alex.

fig96
AG
quote:
Rodriguez as a holding mid seems like something we should try. I think he's a better option than Alex.

That's an interesting idea and one that I think has some potential, he's got some nice range and plays well with the ball at his feet.

Also, missed any news but is Williams injured again? Wasn't even in the 18 and he's by far our best option at right back.
gig them
AG
quote:
Rodriguez as a holding mid seems like something we should try.

Agreed, he could definitely sit in the middle of the bench and hold someone's water.

But keep him off the field plz.
Pahdz
Rico!

That is so hard to not just bomb it over goal there
Dre_00
I ****ing hate Owen Coyle. This team will suck balls as long as he is our manager. If he's not gone by July, I'll rage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.