Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

44,057 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
God what a gut punch of an ending, but definitely saw some encouraging things, and much more watchable than last season
Bockaneer
AG
I so hate playing prevent- I hated it when RC used to do it w our football and I hate it when a coach decides to park the bus... how many shots did we get a head on before that last goal?? Exciting for sure but it's asking for trouble not to clear and possess upfield. Gah.
AG@RICE
AG
The outcome was a given with 10 minutes to go. We just sat back and just let them have every bit of possession.

We still suck a big fat one.
Texaggie7nine
Well that was a disappointing last 3 mins.

Every time we scored we just started playing lackadaisical .

On a good note though.. The Suffers pregame concert was bad ass.

7nine
fig96
AG
quote:
On the bright side, 3 goals is a promising look for a team that was boring as hell to watch for large stretches last season.
Yup, we created far more opportunities in this game than we were at any point last season. Still some obvious issues, but I like where things are heading.
gougler08
AG
Attacking looked way better than last year, defense looked like a U12 performance. Something to build on at least
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
attack looked much improved. Just unlucky. Im optimistic
onceaggie
AG
quote:
Attacking looked way better than last year, defense looked like a U12 performance. Something to build on at least
Deric needs to come back the goalie did not look good yesterday. Dynamo gave up the most goals in MLS last year thats not going to change in one year.
onceaggie
AG
Also why didnt the fan store have any of the new jerseys for sale at the game?
Bockaneer
AG
Will we see Cubo tonight?
Dre_00
He's on the bench again tonight. Dynamo start same starting lineup as last week. First time in 27 games they've not made changes to the starting 11. That's a pretty remarkable stat especially when you consider that they would have changed things this week had Deric been healthy enough to start.
Out in Left Field
AG
Woo! 1-0
Out in Left Field
AG
What a finish!
Out in Left Field
AG
Crap Barnes out with a hamstring injury.
fig96
AG
Other than Barnes about the best start you could ask for.
byfLuger41
Out in Left Field
AG
4-0
onceaggie
AG
Damm dallass sucks
JJxvi
AG
Bahahahaha
Out in Left Field
AG
5-0
byfLuger41
AG
Oops.
Dre_00
BOOM! Did not see that coming. 8 goals in 2 games.
Dre_00
Barnes tweeted that he pulled his hamstring. He didn't say how long he'd be out but he did say "he will be back stronger"...which is usually what you say when you're out for a while. Looks like Torres or Manotas will be getting a run of games for the foreseeable future.
PJYoung
AG
That was fantastic to watch. Hope Barnes gets healthy soon.
onceaggie
AG
great game and I know Bruin scored but he is not very good.
Bockaneer
AG
which has me wondering just what Cubo looks like in practice
jeffk
AG
Any of you hang around to see the HS game afterward?

We're thinking of doing that as a fundraiser for next spring.
Dre_00
I was only able to watch the highlights but a number of people I respect disagree with this sentiment based on his 2 games thus far. Massively.
jeffk
AG
Not sure if I'm one of your "trusted two," but Bruin is definitely not a bad player. In fact, he does more with less than many other players at his position.

Plus, he's my homeboy.
Bockaneer
AG
Bruin this year looks leaner and seems to have the excitement back from when he first danced for us.
Dre_00
In a lot of ways, Bruin gets the Brian Ching treatment. Ching never scored a ton of goals and was never a threat to score a ton of goals further than 12 yards away from goal, and definitely wasn't the fastest, but he was pivotal in the attack and in the success of those early teams. Still, a number of people (Dynamo fans even) would watch him play and said he sucked because he wasn't a prolific goal scorer (though double digits ain't shabby) and they didn't respect his hold up play, ability to bring others into the game, etc.

Bruin has a similar skill set. Up until now, he hasn't done it as well as Ching did nor did he do it as consistently. But if he becomes as consistent and as competent as Ching was, he'll be a pivotal player and a player that the Dynamo would do well to keep for a number of years.
Dre_00
You would be if you weren't a Liverpool fan.
PJYoung
AG
I'm a little confused by the haters since he has the 6th most goals in the MLS since coming into the league in 2011. The dude can score.
jeffk
AG
quote:
You would be if you weren't a Liverpool fan.

You mean you won't be rooting for Pool to beat ManU for some reason this weekend?
Dre_00
I'm not a hater but I hate this stat. The highest he's ever finished in a single season is 10th...and he only managed that twice. If you go to the MLS website, he doesn't even make the first page in 2 of his 6 years. That stat is more indicative of the fact that the league's top goal scorers generally don't stick around for 6 years. They are either young and move on, or old and retire/move on before they can spend 6 years in the league.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.