Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

44,066 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
DuncanField91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't worry. Stu Holden is going to save us.
herb96
AG
So... when are tickets for the Copa America Centenario matches going on sale?
ja86
AG
as a periphery fan that doesn't keep up with the ins and outs of the club, do they actually even try to give the impression that they care anymore?
AudaciousAg
AG
We did nothing interesting at the SuperDraft today. Picked up a Brazilian defender in the second round. Meh.
gig them
AG
Incoming serious SuperDraft analysis...

The SuperDraft is a stupid name.

serious SuperDraft analysis complete.
Dre_00
Yeah, I think they do to a degree. The next year or two will be telling now that we have new ownership. It will be interesting to see what kind of money comes into the club, were it goes, whether people are held accountable, etc.
Out in Left Field
AG

Sounds more like they're getting screwed moving to a crappier part of the stadium.
Dre_00
From my understanding, they actually preferred the move.
Basketball and Chain
AG
quote:
Dynamo draft defender Ivan Magalhaes in the 2nd round...FWIW. Which probably isn't much.

He takes up an international spot. That's about as much news as this pick will get for a few years.
AudaciousAg
AG
I actually took this as positive news and was coming here to post it. I think the fact that we're trying to make it easier for the supporters is something this club has needed to do. Our support looks pathetic on TV, that doesn't make the games fun to watch.
Dre_00
Rumors that were signing two 30 year olds from the Spanish second division. Rocha (MF) and Agus (CB)

If so, go ahead and make your vacation plans for MLS playoffs because the Dynamo won't be there.
AG@RICE
AG
quote:
Rumors that were signing two 30 year olds from the Spanish second division. Rocha (MF) and Agus (CB)

If so, go ahead and make your vacation plans for MLS playoffs because the Dynamo won't be there.
At this point, you could probably go ahead and make vacation plans for the MLS playoffs for the next 3-4 years.

I blame myself though, I forgot to play the powerball lottery and therefore I am not able to buy the Dynamo...Sorry guys.
Dre_00
Dynamo have signed Sebastien Ibeagha. He's 24 and was a part of their academy. When he left Duke, he decided to go to Europe and landed at a 2nd tier Danish club. He then moved to Iceland apparently where I guess he had enough after a couple of years and decided to come home.

I was bummed to see him go to Europe after college as he was a quality CB that could have helped. I like this move if for no other reason than that he's young, talented and probably good value.
jeffk
AG
HOMEGROWN PLAYER!!!
KCup17
AG
I think I remember seeing him play a few times when he was on the academy team. I remember being impressed.
Dre_00
David Rocha and Agus officially announced today.
jeffk
AG
Hopefully he plays like neither an angus or an anus.
Texaggie7nine
Anyone here with Season tix for Dynamo get an email for Copa America presale?

I know Texans season ticket holders have.
7nine
Dre_00
Yeah, I got one several days ago. I don't live in Houston so I can't do anything about it but the team seems to have sent them out.
byfLuger41
AG
Do you still have season tickets?
onceaggie
AG
I bought a 5 game plan the guy said they will email early ticketing for copa
Dre_00
Yep. I couldn't make it to a game last year because I was never in town when they played but I'm usually able to sell about 1/4 of the single game tickets to friends looking for a ticket. I'll have season tickets until they start jacking up prices to a point that makes it not worth it.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Yep. I couldn't make it to a game last year because I was never in town when they played but I'm usually able to sell about 1/4 of the single game tickets to friends looking for a ticket. I'll have season tickets until they start jacking up prices to a point that makes it not worth it.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Dre_00
Uh, sooooo I've been meaning to tell you...
byfLuger41
AG
Interesting. Do you offer them at face to fellow SBA posters like yours truly?!

2? 4?
Dre_00
It's just 1 and you'd have to sit next to my old group of soccer going friends. But they are good people and the seats are good. Section 204, 1st and 2nd row as close to center circle as you can be in that section (my ticket is technically in the 2nd row but the group more or less sits wherever and often times not everyone is at the game).

I always offer face value.
jeffk
AG
And by that he means he never offers them to fellow Dynamo fans who post on TA.
byfLuger41
AG
I've always wanted to meet someone with a single season ticket to any sport. Never did I imagine it would be someone under 40, normal or on TA.

Interesting.
jeffk
AG
Seriously though - I may take you up on the single some time this year. I like to go to games, but don't have many friends who would want to go and my wife definitely doesn't want to go most of the time.
Dre_00
It's a way for me to support the team without actually living in Houston. I was one of the first season ticket holders back in 2006 (I think I'm in the top 100 of longest tenured season ticket holders) and the club was a huge part of my life in my 20s. A number of amazing memories and opportunities came out of being a fan of the club back then. I can't say I'll be a STH forever but I'll be one as long as it isn't too much of a burden.
Dre_00
Not at a problem at all. Hit me up when you're looking for a ticket and if it's available, it's yours.
Dre_00
Miranda officially back this season on loan. Apparently the Dynamo tried to sign him permanently but Independiente wanted to much. But they were able to negotiate a loan.
AG@RICE
AG
Stuart Holden officially retired from soccer. Sad day, this ruins my dream of having him come back to the Dynamo.

He should have never left, his only healthy playing days happened in Houston.
Dre_00
I posted my reaction on Twitter. Emotions are too raw to do it again. I'll miss that guy...even if I will still see him in the broadcast booth from time to time.
AG@RICE
AG
Grainy highlights:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.