Houston Dynamo 2016 Season Thread

44,099 Views | 564 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FW Declerk
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gig them
AG
I'll always remember going ape**** crazy in my living room during his Bolton/Blackburn winner.

Man, he was really carving out a nice EPL career when the injury struck.
Dre_00
I'll always remember going ape**** when he leveled the 2nd leg playoff against Dallas. It didn't put us through as Dallas was still ahead on aggregate but you could sense it would open the floodgates. And it did.
heddleston
AG
oooh purty:

Pahdz
Those are awesome
Texaggie7nine
We rather look good and lose them look bad and win.
7nine
ja86
AG
nice!
herb96
AG
My first thought was that it looks like a recent Mexico National team design. Looks OK, I suppose.
jeffk
AG
Dre! Buy me one!
JJxvi
AG
OMG. Nice.
onceaggie
AG
Me like looks like the German jersey!
fig96
AG
Other than the color resemblance, it's actually the same base kit as theirs

Gotta say I'm diggin' it.

jeffk
AG
Jock tag?
AG@RICE
AG
Nice Kit. Hopefully we don't wear it during mid day games in the summer sun...
jeffk
AG
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photo/2016/02/10/2016-mls-jerseys-uniforms-kits-critique/start

All the team's new jersey's critiqued.

Love the new Sounders and Whitecaps kits.
Dre_00
Dynamo send Taylor Hunter and Memo Rodriguez to RGV FC. Really like having that club. Huge impact on players like them who need to develop to become impact players for the 1st team.
Dre_00
Rasheed Olabiyi has been waived. He was always a strange signing. 25 years old and spent his entire career in Nigeria until last season. He got a few games and didn't look too bad the few times I saw him but always seemed an odd signing. Doesn't seem like he'll sign on with RGV FC but you never know.
fig96
AG
quote:
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photo/2016/02/10/2016-mls-jerseys-uniforms-kits-critique/start

All the team's new jersey's critiqued.

Love the new Sounders and Whitecaps kits.
That Crew second kit...yikes. And NYCFC second kit reminds me of a 90s keeper jersey.

Really like the Galaxy second, all of Seattle's, and the SKC second. Whitecaps look good too, especially like how the first subtly reflects the mountain concept.
Texaggie7nine
Got my tix for Sunday.
7nine
Bockaneer
AG
got the black jersey in for my son- it's pretty sweet
can't wait til tomorrow
Dale Dynamo!
onceaggie
AG
will be there gonna pick up the new jersey today
Dre_00
5 players on the injury report to start the season. What the hell did we do to these guys in preseason?
jeffk
AG
Saw Wahl reported this morning that we've spent about $3 million on youth development over the last five years. For comparisons sake, LA has spent over $12 million during that same time period.
texagbeliever
Catfishing
brotheraggie
Good Luck to the Dynamo this season!!
fig96
AG
Having recently relocated to Austin I definitely miss being there for opening day. Have MLS Live up and ready to go, Dale Dynamo!
texagbeliever
As a soon Houston resident and worker, count me in as a Dynamo fan. Not gonna lie i have a lot to learn about the team and ownership but it will be worth it to have a home team to support.

Also tips on where to buy tickets and any good fan clubs to join etc would also be appreciated.
Texaggie7nine
If you are young and want to be tanked while standing up and singing at the top of your lungs all game. Look into the Texian Army.
7nine
fig96
AG
Hasn't been the prettiest game, but this lineup is creating WAY more chances that last season.
fig96
AG
Gutted.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Having recently relocated to Austin I definitely miss being there for opening day. Have MLS Live up and ready to go, Dale Dynamo!

Didn't realize you had left our fine city. Move for work, I'm guessing?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Didn't realize you had left our fine city. Move for work, I'm guessing?
I did, wanted to find something with more growth potential in tech or design (or both). Moved at the beginning of the year and worked my old job remote for a bit, and started a job with a cool little design firm on South Lamar last week.

My buddy still has our block of tickets though, so I'll be back sporadically.
jeffk
AG
Best of luck at your new gig. That's a really cool area. My wife wants to get closer to family in Austin some day.

We moved down tk the south side of H-town this summer, so I'm hoping to make a few more games than in have in seasons past.
fig96
AG
Appreciate it.
Dre_00
On the bright side, 3 goals is a promising look for a team that was boring as hell to watch for large stretches last season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.