Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

191,960 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

AggieOO said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Fong just predicted Perkins to LSU
ask me if i'm surprised.

you didn't follow directions.
AG
AggieOO said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

ask me if i'm surprised.

The kid has never felt like an Ag to me, even after his commitment. Seems like he's always been looking for a reason to go to LSU.

If that's been his dream his whole life, good for him for achieving it.
All I do is Nguyen
AggieOO said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

AggieOO said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

ask me if i'm surprised.

you didn't follow directions.
Meh, it's always been an issue with me. Just ask the wife
No matter what
Ags77
AG
Stewart wearing maroon at the table
Phatbob
AG
Shemar with the Adidas backdrop... he's ours

All I do is Nguyen
Stewart is an AGGIE BABY!!!!!
No matter what
AggieDoc08
AG
LFGGGG
StinkyPinky
AG
Let's play ball!
sleepybeagle
ontheway
AG
BOOM!!
THEamc
AG
Aaaaaaaand 2022 is officially the GOAT!
whatthehey78
AG
Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maver1ck
AG
It's just too easy for E Rob
ApachePilot
AG
Whoop!!!
Bill Superman
AG
Just like that, best class of all time. I can only assume that's a good thing.

And now both Florida and lsu insiders have submitted CB's for Jacoby to us…
Bill Superman
AG
Sitting at 328.59 now gives us the indisputable best class of all time in college football history, regardless of who you are or what you think.

And from the sounds of it, we ain't done yet!
Aggie87
AG
Bill Superman said:

Sitting at 328.59 now gives us the indisputable best class of all time in college football history IN THE PAST 17 or 22 years, regardless of who you are or what you think.

FIFY. You're using the 247 rankings. Their player rankings only go back to 2000. Doesn't look like they have team rankings in the early 2000's on their website. The newest team ranking I can find on their site is from 2010.

https://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

However, in their own article from last year (https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Recruiting-classes-best-all-time-college-football-Alabama-Nick-Saban-LSU-Ohio-State-Georgia-LSU-Florida-160640413/#160640413_2) they include a class from 2006.

Their #10 ranked team had 313.12 points. So adding the teams in '22 that are higher than that bumps the 8/9/10 teams off this list and into the 11/12/13 positions.

Of the top 13, the oldest team is the 2006 USC team.

So according to 247, their top teams of "all time" either go back to 2006 or to when their player rankings started, in 2000.

edit - despite the above, this is a GREAT class, period.
hunter2012
AG
the CFB subreddit is having a near meltdown over our class. good place for some free entertainment at the moment...
P.U.T.U
AG
I am actually okay with us not getting Perkins if we can get Mathews who has a slightly bigger frame and has more film showing he is more aggressive. Both are similar size with Perkins being a little faster. We have Ish Harris who is a good athlete playing RB and LB, we have 3 other safeties in this class, and we only play 2 LBs at a time. I see Mathews playing a similar role as Antonio Johnson or getting spun down to LB. Give him a few years and he will be around 220 pounds if he wants
ShouldastayedataTm
It is official, Perkins is gone to LSU.
AggieInMichigan
ShouldastayedataTm said:

It is official, Perkins is gone to LSU.

Mama didn't seem pleased. See ya in the transfer portal.
evestor1
Wish Perkins would have chose A&M.

If LSU was his dream school and situation I am all for him. This one seems forced a little bit.
ClassOfJohnnyEra
AG
Enjoy the awkward dance tiktoks with your new coach
Stone44
AG
After hearing Perkins talk, he's a much better fit academically at LSU. It will be enjoyable pounding his ass for three years with our big offensive line.
whytho987654
Stone44 said:

After hearing Perkins talk, he's a much better fit academically at LSU. It will be enjoyable pounding his ass for three years with our big offensive line.
Laboring to finish a sentence!
coastalAg
AG
No need for anything negative against Perk. He is going to his dream school. Good for him and best of luck. We will be alright.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Is Matthews commitment announced at 7:00 Central or Eastern?
whatthehey78
AG
Stone44 said:

^ True this. Much better fit there.
jr15aggie
AG
Stone44 said:

It's not really fair to judge these young men in this way, not all of them are great in front of a camera. Jamaal Charles comes to mind.

BUT... I'd be lying if I said it wasn't something I noticed during his original commitment announcement during the UA game. It wasn't so much his speaking ability, the whole thing just felt like a big joke to him.
AG
It's absolutely fair to judge them by the way they speak.

Like it or not, that's life. We are all judged by the the words we use and the way we communicate, both written and spoken.

And believe it or not, there is actually a very high correlation between one's ability to string together a basic sentence in one's mother tongue and one's intelligence.
Sean98
AG
4 said:

Like it or not, that's life. We are all judged by the the words we use and the way we communicate, both written and spoken.

And believe it or not, there is actually a very high correlation between one's ability to string together a basic sentence in one's mother tongue and one's intelligence.
It's fair to judge, but it's also ignorant to realize that your judgment might be short sighted and not be accurate. We're products of our background and upbringing. I grew up rural and I assure you I think anyone that says, "Crick" or "holler" is also an idiot. I cringe when I hear it. But it doesn't mean I'm right. It's cultural and it doesn't mean they're stupid. Some, (me) intentionally avoid local vernacular/slang, some don't avoid it. Others embrace it. Doesn't mean that one can't be successful either way.
Sean98
AG
Devon Campbell to 'sips as expected. he's a good player.
AggieBB
AG
4 said:

This. I guarantee you Perkins could not pass a single course at A&M without somebody getting him through it. The kid struggles mightily just to form an intelligible sentence.
AG
In this case, I'd be willing to bet 10 grand that if this kid got together with the people at Stanford Binet, he's sub 100.

Say what you will, but I'm right.

World isn't that complicated. Things usually are what they appear to be.
Sean98
AG
Well, I said, "might not be accurate." Not "you're not right." Plenty of people who appear dumb actually are... (see any/every message board anywhere)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.