Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

193,075 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
waltonloads11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Question mostly for nbaker but anyone else that knows their stuff feel free to jump in! With Perkins going to Florida this weekend and then apparently going to LSU again (heard this was his childhood favorite) how are we feeling about him sticking with us?

Perkins wants to play close to home so his family can watch him. If anyone can flip him, it will be LSU. I don't think Florida has a realistic chance.
SpiderM85
AG
Next In Line
TAM85
Visiting 2 programs that just fired their head coach. Hmm ...
Bill Superman
AG
SpiderM85 said:

Next In Line

Shemar Stewart seems to be the most likely piece left, but it will be a battle.

After signing day I expect us to turn our attention over to the portal pretty quickly.
Jlove1770
AG
nbaker2022 said:

agcrock2005 said:

Question mostly for nbaker but anyone else that knows their stuff feel free to jump in! With Perkins going to Florida this weekend and then apparently going to LSU again (heard this was his childhood favorite) how are we feeling about him sticking with us?

Florida would have to make a HUGE impression on that OV to legitimately jump into the convo, imo. And as far as LSU goes, I just get the feeling that Brian Kelly has no clue what he's doing on the recruiting front.

So as of today, I'm not worried. But we'll just have to see how that OV in Gainesville goes. Napier has a mountain to climb, no doubt about that.

Ok nbaker2022, where do you stand after Perkins visit to UF this past weekend. Watched his Q&A at the Polynesian Bowl and he looks like something excited him there. LSU, doesn't seem like there is much there.
maver1ck
AG
Jlove1770 said:

nbaker2022 said:

agcrock2005 said:

Florida would have to make a HUGE impression on that OV to legitimately jump into the convo, imo. And as far as LSU goes, I just get the feeling that Brian Kelly has no clue what he's doing on the recruiting front.

So as of today, I'm not worried. But we'll just have to see how that OV in Gainesville goes. Napier has a mountain to climb, no doubt about that.

Ok nbaker2022, where do you stand after Perkins visit to UF this past weekend. Watched his Q&A at the Polynesian Bowl and he looks like something excited him there. LSU, doesn't seem like there is much there.

I'm sure Florida said all the right things. Napier has generated some hype.

I can tell you for a fact that Santucci's relationship with Perk (and Perk's entire family for that matter) is very, very good. It's going to be extremely difficult for Florida to pull him away from that, especially considering A&M is right down the road from home. I feel good about things. But this will be a battle down the stretch, and that was expected from the beginning.

Jlove1770
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Jlove1770 said:

nbaker2022 said:

agcrock2005 said:

I'm sure Florida said all the right things. Napier has generated some hype.

I can tell you for a fact that Santucci's relationship with Perk (and Perk's entire family for that matter) is very, very good. It's going to be extremely difficult for Florida to pull him away from that, especially considering A&M is right down the road from home. I feel good about things. But this will be a battle down the stretch, and that was expected from the beginning.

Thanks for the reply. I can't say that I blame him for making the most of this opportunity. It just felt to premature to get too excited about the verbal commitment. Well, I guess we just get to sit back and observe.

agcrock2005
AG
Looks like Perkins wants to check out Miami now too. This kids certainly enjoying all the attention he's getting.
maver1ck
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Looks like Perkins wants to check out Miami now too. This kids certainly enjoying all the attention he's getting.

He's been planning to visit UF, Miami, and maybe LSU and USC. No surprise here

I mean… if I was a 5* recruit, I'd take my free visits to Florida and Cali as well
AG
Florida, maybe. USC only if you enjoy stepping in human waste while touring the city.
agcrock2005
AG
nbaker2022 said:

agcrock2005 said:

He's been planning to visit UF, Miami, and maybe LSU and USC. No surprise here

I mean… if I was a 5* recruit, I'd take my free visits to Florida and Cali as well
Hopefully this is relevant...
Bill Superman
AG
Chris Marshall was just reclassified to a 5*. Now that gives us 2 5* WR's and 7 5* overall.

This also pushes us further into the best class ever at a 329.69 overall ranking.
Bill Superman
AG
Word on the streets is our best shot is at landing Shemar… might get pretty iffy if he takes a Miami official this weekend.

&
kevinmw55
Who do you think the Bobby Taylor mic drop was for?
Bill Superman
AG
kevinmw55 said:

Who do you think the Bobby Taylor mic drop was for?
Shemar Stewart looks to be they guy that will propel us into the greatest class in college football history tomorrow.

Things are indeed not like they used to be, for all of cfb.
Bill Superman
AG
Uh oh…

Jacoby Mathews just got CB'd to the good guys….
maver1ck
AG
Bill Superman said:

Uh oh…

Uh oh. All the recruiting cliff jumpers are about to look real dumb

Again
Raptor
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Bill Superman said:

Uh oh…

Uh oh. All the recruiting cliff jumpers are about to look real dumb

Again
Nope
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

merch
No service knows where Mathews is going. My guess is LSU but everybody is guessing.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
vander54
S
A&M
World's worst proofreader
amercer
AG
So what time are the announcements today?

I guess no hot girls by the fax machine anymore.
Bill Superman
AG
amercer said:

Shemar - 12:30
Perkins - 3:30
Jacoby - 6:00

Enjoy your lunch break.
CoachKeezy987
LB Jaxson Slanker and S/OLB Kyle Walsh out of College Station HS just accepted PWO spots from the Aggies this morning. Slanker was the 8-5A District Defensive MVP and Padilla Poll 5A Defensive Player of the Year. Walsh is first team all district and first team all state in multiple lists. Both were captains of this year's state runner-up team and both 3 year starters. A combined 311 tackles between the two this year for the Cougars (Slanker school record 194 tackles). Proven winners that will bring great leadership qualities, speed, and physicality to the roster without giving up a scholarship spot

AgOutsideAustin
AG
C Stat on that jersey tho
P.U.T.U
AG
Tape on Slanker looks pretty good, undersized right now but if he can gain 20-30 pounds he can be a serviceable LB. Runs a 4.6 and plays a little tall but is aggressive to the ball. He averaged over 12 tackles a game and the highest rated LB in the nation had 29 all season. Odd world we live in
CoachKeezy987
12 Tackles a game and didnt play at all in the second half of 5 games due to blowouts. Had 21 tackles in the state championship game. Will not be surprised at all if he finds a way to contribute pretty early in his career even if its on special teams
fieldtrailer
AG
FWIW, 247 guest on 1310 ticket said Mathews and Stewart to A&M. Wasn't Fong. Some other guy.
MagnumLoad
3 star linebackers will be All American behind our DL
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
Fitzwilly
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

C Stat on that jersey tho
I agree... it should say "The Station" for sure...
Stoopkid
AG
Slanker has future 12th man written all over him. I mean, he averaged 12 tackles a game, it's meant to be. Love getting kids like this as walkons.
Sean98
AG
Bill Superman said:

amercer said:

Enjoy your lunch break.

12:30 east or Central?
All I do is Nguyen
Sean98 said:

Bill Superman said:

amercer said:

Enjoy your lunch break.

12:30 east or Central?
Central
No matter what!

Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...

I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
Fong just predicted Perkins to LSU
No matter what!

AggieOO
All I do is Nguyen said:

ask me if i'm surprised.
All I do is Nguyen
AggieOO said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

ask me if i'm surprised.
No matter what!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.