Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

193,062 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie87 said:

Bill Superman said:

And there you have it folks, Jimbo goes and totally redeems himself!

Commitment from Nabou…. Then moments later, Five-star Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy flips from Oklahoma to Texas A&M.

This is the class that's gonna do it.

Redeemed himself from what? Did he do something wrong?

Some are having a bit of a meltdown over the 8-4 and the loss to corndog. I personally think it was a blip in the radar.

Big things are coming. This class is an absolute testament to that.
Furlock Bones
AG
Is this good? What's happening here?
amercer
AG
And when we get accused of buying players, we can tell everyone to **** of, cause we good now.
EKG1996
AG
Monster class
Bill Superman
AG
Bill Superman said:

TAM85 said:

Bill Superman said:

Looks like Banks is that much closer to a decommittment from Oregon… bodes well for Jimbo and the good guys.
Where did you see that?

Oregon's QB just decommitted and banks retweeted it with the caption that it's part of God's plan…

And just to top all of this off, kelvin banks has now officially decommitted from Oregon… if I remember correctly, we were always his next favorite choice.
Marcus Brutus
Bill Superman said:

Bill Superman said:

TAM85 said:

Bill Superman said:

Looks like Banks is that much closer to a decommittment from Oregon… bodes well for Jimbo and the good guys.
Where did you see that?

Oregon's QB just decommitted and banks retweeted it with the caption that it's part of God's plan…

And just to top all of this off, kelvin banks has now officially decommitted from Oregon… if I remember correctly, we were always his next favorite choice.
Bill Superman
AG
Ags now have the #2 overall class, surpassing bama and just behind georgia.

Georgia has 3 more commits than us. With just one more commit we will be ranked #1 overall and on our way to potentially the highest ranked class of all time.

Let that sink in.
JustisWalkert
AG
Meanwhile, back in Austin.......
Bachelor99
AG
JustisWalkert said:

nahhhh they got the #7 class...filled to the brim with 4 stars....they will be back in no time
riverrataggie
AG
Bachelor99 said:

JustisWalkert said:

nahhhh they got the #7 class...filled to the brim with 4 stars....they will be back in no time

With atrocious OL recruiting in both talent and numbers. Unless they have a bunch of transfers on the OL they don't even fill out a starting 5 with couple backups in past three years. DL is a little better but most of these four stars are more on the top 500 versus top 100 side.
Lonestar-aught-six
cevans_40 said:

Lonestar-aught-six said:

Kelvin Banks
Kam Dewberry
GBD
Shemar Stewart
Harold Perkins
Denver Harris
Jacoby Mathew's
To fill out the class! Book it!

If you are correct, it may break 247's calculators

I'll buy them new ones.
wbt5845
AG
Bill Superman said:

Georgia has 3 more commits than us. With just one more commit we will be ranked #1 overall and on our way to potentially the highest ranked class of all time.

Let that sink in.

When did they start ranking classes? I keep seeing these comments about best all time, but in the early 70s, Emery Bellard had some ridiculous classes.
Aggie87
AG
wbt5845 said:

Bill Superman said:

Let that sink in.

When did they start ranking classes? I keep seeing these comments about best all time, but in the early 70s, Emery Bellard had some ridiculous classes.

The 247 player rankings (and I believe the team rankings as well) only appear to go back to about 2000. So best of all time for them really means best of the last 20 years.
Bill Superman
AG
Sounds like Goodwin had a good in home visit from Fisher the other day with the new pitch of being part of the greatest class in college football history. Not sure how anyone turns that down, but he's going on a visit to mich st this wknd apparently. Doubt they can beat Jimbo's pitch though.

We'll also have Perkins and Shemar in town for the final week d before ESD.

#1 is on the horizon.
AG
I hope it's 12 degrees and snowing sideways there this weekend.

Bobby Taylor made reference to 3 more commitments coming next week in a recent tweet.
Bill Superman
AG
So Denver Harris just got Fong'd to the good guys. This is a big one that Jimbo has been fighting for since day 1 but seemed like he was always leaning elsewhere. A second crystal ball also came in from our own insider.

This comes moments after LSU's SB coach was hired away by Napier to Florida.

This could be the one that breaks the north shore curse for good.
TAM85
Waiting for next Wednesday is starting to feeling like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.
12thmanfootball
AG
If we can get Dewberry, Harris, and Banks and hold everyone else......best class in the History of College Football!!!!
gigemags-99
AG
GigEmTx
Interesting that Jimbo's only been here 4 years and he's already recruited 7 of the top 15 all-time recruits at the school - at least in the modern recruiting era which dates back to ~2000.
Bill Superman
AG
4* DE Jihaad Campbell just decomitted from Clemson and is now taking an OV to the station this wknd.

Also, Kam Dewberry got a crystal ball to us from an ou insider.

Jimbo don't stop.
Bill Superman
AG
Well we finally lost a recruiting battle to sip with Banks, and it took nearly the entire recruiting cycle. This is the only battle we will lose to them this year while they would swap nearly every one of their commits for ours.

After another successful recruiting weekend with multiple 5* talents in town we can expect a significant Wednesday coming up that will put us at the #1 overall class.

As we all know it was the position coaches bringing home all of the big time recruits, and you can't expect to see any follow Elko to the football powerhouse that is Duke.

Amazing times we are in. Be on the look out for more dominoes to fall come Wednesday. Christmas comes early this year.
Bill Superman
AG
Kam Dewberry was supposed to head to sipville after his visit yesterday but has decided to stay in CS for the remainder of weekend.
Noctilucent
AG
Kam staying today is excellent! Anyone know which 5* is in CS today?
Bill Superman
AG
I believe Denver Harris was the surprise visit.
Noctilucent
AG
Definitely a most excellent day then.
TAM85
Is there a dead period between now and Wednesday?
SamHou
Bobby Taylor indicating there's been a new commit
maver1ck
AG
SamHou said:

Bobby Taylor indicating there's been a new commit
pretty confident there are two.
kevinmw55
Based on what?
maver1ck
AG
friends who work with the team.
JPK89
AG
nbaker2022 said:

friends who work with the team.

Dewberry and Harris?
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Well we finally lost a recruiting battle to sip with Banks, and it took nearly the entire recruiting cycle.

I don't consider that much of a loss bc I don't think he was ever that serious about us in the first place. He was chasing cash when he followed Phil Knight out to Eugene, and just made one cursory visit after decommitting. And that was after flaking on a couple other visits. I never seriously considered he was coming here. It was a hope, sure. But if we can lock down Goodwin and/or Dewberry, who cares about Banks?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
After hearing he grew up a sip fan, his indifference towards us finally made sense. It's hard to cure kids of that illness.
Plus, the sips desperately needed a recruiting win so I'm sure they ponied up with both NIL and guaranteed starting spot at LT.
Bill Superman
AG
dixichkn said:

Quote:

Well we finally lost a recruiting battle to sip with Banks, and it took nearly the entire recruiting cycle.

I don't consider that much of a loss bc I don't think he was ever that serious about us in the first place. He was chasing cash when he followed Phil Knight out to Eugene, and just made one cursory visit after decommitting. And that was after flaking on a couple other visits. I never seriously considered he was coming here. It was a hope, sure. But if we can lock down Goodwin and/or Dewberry, who cares about Banks?

You're right, after he initially committed to Oregon we had moved on. His decommitment gave us some false hope because it would've been his best decision but we all knew better. He's where he belongs, along with ewers.

We have bigger and better things on the horizon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.