Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

191,868 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No reason to go 100% a-hole toward an 18 year old
agcrock2005
AG
AggieBB said:

4 said:

It's absolutely fair to judge them by the way they speak.

Like it or not, that's life. We are all judged by the the words we use and the way we communicate, both written and spoken.

And believe it or not, there is actually a very high correlation between one's ability to string together a basic sentence in one's mother tongue and one's intelligence.
This. I guarantee you Perkins could not pass a single course at A&M without somebody getting him through it. The kid struggles mightily just to form an intelligible sentence.
So you're saying he may be President one day?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I Have Spoken said:

No reason to go 100% a-hole toward an 18 year old

This should be a required agreement for every single post during recruiting season.
All I do is Nguyen
Matthews is official
No matter what
EKUAg
AG
hunter2012
AG
EKUAg said:

Aggie Network needs to make sure this man is setup for life after this recruiting class. He's recruited us more stars than some Head Coaches. Hope he gets a sweet NIL deal.
rsf0626
hunter2012 said:

EKUAg said:

Aggie Network needs to make sure this man is setup for life after this recruiting class. He's recruited us more stars than some Head Coaches. Hope he gets a sweet NIL deal.

Dont know if we pull off this insane class without Bobby. Huge shoutout to him
rsf0626
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Sean98 said:

4 said:

Like it or not, that's life. We are all judged by the the words we use and the way we communicate, both written and spoken.

And believe it or not, there is actually a very high correlation between one's ability to string together a basic sentence in one's mother tongue and one's intelligence.
It's fair to judge, but it's also ignorant to realize that your judgment might be short sighted and not be accurate. We're products of our background and upbringing. I grew up rural and I assure you I think anyone that says, "Crick" or "holler" is also an idiot. I cringe when I hear it. But it doesn't mean I'm right. It's cultural and it doesn't mean they're stupid. Some, (me) intentionally avoid local vernacular/slang, some don't avoid it. Others embrace it. Doesn't mean that one can't be successful either way.
This post reminds me of the Aggie & his dog that went to Harvard for graduate school pulling up to campus in his pickup. If you haven't heard it, you should find someone who knows it. You fit the Harvard guy in the joke, JMO.
LostTexasBoy
AG
Question from someone who doesn't fully understand how the team recruiting total numbers work.

I know that we have the #1 class according to both 247 and ESPN. But we are currently #2 behind Bama on Rivals, though at the time of typing this it doesn't look like they've added Matthews yet.

So my question is, with the addition of Matthews, will that put us in front of Bama for the #1 class on Rivals as well?

For reference, Bama's total points are 3304 to our 3286 without Matthews added.

Thanks
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My answer would be who cares? Rivals and ESPN are worthless. You might as well get a random homeless person to rank the recruiting classes.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Matthews bring the point total to 330.61 for this class.
Bill Superman
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Matthews bring the point total to 330.61 for this class.

Amazing stuff.

I knew Mathews was headed our way soon as I saw yesterday for the first time him be referred to as a 4*. You're talking about the #2 overall S and the #1 in LA.

He's 5* all day.
King moto moto
AG
Time to lock the thread and move on to the next Top 5 class?
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Bill Superman
AG
King moto moto said:

You would think. Except now we have the #2 overall player from '23 reclassifying to class of '22 and eying the Ags.

We just can't be stopped.
AWP 97
AG
4 said:

Listen to Perkins speak and then listen to Stewart speak. They are both high school kids but the maturity level is night and day. I realize that has nothing to do necessarily with athletic performance but if given the choice, I prefer the Stewarts of the world. However, to be fair, I do think Perkins is a great player and wouldn't have batted an eye if he committed to the Ags.
AWP 97
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

My answer would be who cares? Rivals and ESPN are worthless. You might as well get a random homeless person to rank the recruiting classes.

We could get a random homeless person to rank his top, oh, I don't know, maybe top 44. I bet the accuracy would be really close.
fieldtrailer
AG
Bill Superman said:

King moto moto said:

You would think. Except now we have the #2 overall player from '23 reclassifying to class of '22 and eying the Ags.

This true?
Bill Superman
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Bill Superman said:

King moto moto said:

This true?

Everything except that he is actually the #1 overall player. I recently saw him listed at #2 which now leads me to believe he's leaning our way.

Not to mention that it's between us and Georgia, and a Georgia analyst just put in a CB for him to the Ags.
AG
If he reclassifies, he'll likely drop to a 4*, just like Donnell Harris did.
vander54
S
4 said:

He's already reclassified and will most likely be a very high 4 star.

And yes there is a great chance he signs with us.
World's worst proofreader
taylorswift13
AG
4 said:

Nope a 5 star and18th player in the nation... his film is just as and if not more impressive than Dindy or Stewart

https://247sports.com/Player/Lebbeus-Overton-46103456/
vander54
S
I'm shocked.
taylorswift13
AG
Have you seen his film... it's is ridiculous! He has LB speed with DT power... he's easily the best in 2023 but the media darlings are obsessed with a certain QB with a famous last name. He's special, really special!
vander54
S
taylorswift13 said:

Have you seen his film... it's is ridiculous! He has LB speed with DT power... he's easily the best in 2023 but the media darlings are obsessed with a certain QB with a famous last name. He's special, really special!

Nothing to do with film. I'm shocked they actually kept him a 5 star I figured they would drop him to a high 4 star.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
That would move us up to the 333 that Bob Taylor projected awhile back.
Bill Superman
AG
Just when you thought we had signed the greatest class in the history of cfb and were all done and set, 5* Overton reclassifies to '22 and lands a Fong ball to the Ags today.

This DL class may never be matched, let alone the class as a whole.
Bill Superman
AG
And there you have it - the greatest class in college football history just got even greater with the #1 overall ranked player from '23 reclassifying to '22 and adding more fuel to the biggest bonfire ever.

Many wondered if we'd ever pull in the #1 overall ranked class, or maybe just the 2nd ranked class at least. We wondered if we'd ever be able to land more than 2 or 3 5*'s in a single class. We wondered if we'd ever have a complete rounded out class with top ranked talent. We thought we could maybe pull off great things with a few consecutive top 10 ranked classes.

And here we are, currently in the middle of unprecedented times for Texas Aggie Football. We now have a target back, we are the enemies of cfb. We don't belong in the big boys club and weren't invited. This is what we've always asked for and wanted. Embrace it. This is the type of class that brings home National Championships.

When I started this thread over a year ago I hoped for a top 5-10 class. I hoped for a highly rated QB and maybe 5* or two. Instead, we have 8 total 5*'s with the rest being high end 4*'s and/or top rated at their position, along with the best class ever - and it ain't even close.

Here is your fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2022:

5* Lebbeus Overton DL
4* Jacoby Mathews DB
5* Shemar Stewart DE
5* Denver Harris DB
4* Kam Dewberry OL
4* Jake Johnson TE
4* Enai White DE
4* Anthony Lucas DE
4* M. Groves-Killebrew DB
3* Mark Nabou OL
5* G. Brownlow-Dindy DT
5* Evan Stewart WR
4* Le'Veon Moss RB
5* Chris Marshall WR
5* Walter Nolen DT
4* Theodor Ohrstrom TE
4* Deyon Bouie ATH
4* Bryce Anderson S
3* Jadon Scarlett DL
3* Ethan Moczulski #2 K
4* Ish Harris ATH
4* Jarred Kerr ATH
4* Martrell Harris Jr. LB
4* Bobby Taylor DB
4* Noah Thomas WR
4* Hunter Erb OL
5* Conner Weigman QB
4* Patrick Williams Jr. OL
4* Donovan Green TE
4* Malick Sylla DE
maver1ck
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.