Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***Official 2022 Recruiting Class Thread***

193,072 Views | 692 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maver1ck
Meximan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bill Superman said:

Speaking of WR. Crystal balls are rolling in for 6-5 180lb WR Noah Thomas.

Hearing some Mike Evans comparisons on this one. Can't be a bad thing.

Not just CBs. Fong'd and Perroni'd.
Bill Superman
AG
2023 boys already jumping aboard just as 22 is getting started
Bill Superman
AG
Can't let the new ice age slow things down, Jimbo's gone ice fishing this time.

Looks like the next mike evans has been reeled in.
Macarthur
Bill Superman said:

Can't let the new ice age slow things down, Jimbo's gone ice fishing this time.

Looks like the next mike evans has been reeled in.
Yeah, it's really hard to not see a ton of similarities.
EKG1996
AG
Looks like a difference maker
waltonloads11
AG
I'll update my other post on page 1 later. On top of the Noah Thomas commit, we got crystal balls for the following today:

Harold Perkins, LB
Kojo Antwi, WR
Chris Marshall, WR
Kelvin Banks, OT

I hope we land Perkins and Banks soon.

SEC Champs
AG
And Kojo. I posted a thread with his highlight reel earlier today. Has explosive speed. Definite want.
waltonloads11
AG
I think Kojo will stay in state and end up at Georgia or Clemson. If we get Kojo, it will be a longer recruiting game IMO.

We have a lot of real momentum with Perkins and Banks though and can see us landing him sooner. I also think we land Chris Marshall before Kojo. Those Houston guys seem to wanna play together.
waltonloads11
AG
Got a Crystal Ball this morning for KJ Miles, 4* DT from New Jersey. Seems like Jimbo has been doing pretty well in the Northeast Coast.

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ei84z
LB12Diamond
AG
Good to hear on Perkins. He's the one I want most besides Klubnik!
jamieboy2014
AG
Jebber said:

Good to hear on Perkins. He's the one I want most besides Klubnik!
Why would we want to waste a scholly with another QB commit? We have Weigman who, for all intents and purposes, seems to be the better QB pickup. Perkins, I agree, is a "must-get" at this point. I'll trust in Jimbo and the process though with whatever happens.
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
DegenAg
AG
Happy with how things are going but don't like seeing Both Oklahoma and Texas ahead of us (per 24/7 rankings). Hope that changes soon.
waltonloads11
AG
Texas will have the "new coach magic" and have a top 5 class.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Top class according to most sites.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
infinity ag
I think if we manage to fill the class with these recruits consistently, then we are good.

5*: 1-2 players
3*: 2-3 players whom the coaches think are underrated
4*: the rest of the class mostly high 4*s
No 2* or 1* or no star players. I can't think of a time when a 1* has been spectacular.

I have no concerns about the coaching, I think we have a top class staff.
LB12Diamond
AG
For all intents and purposes seems like the better QB. LOL

We can agree to disagree. This has been covered numerous times on other threads. How about you go watch some game film of them both in the playoffs this year when the games matter. Watch all of the games, not just a couple of highlights.

And as far as we have our QB commit. Oh you mean we have a player committed that's there's a good chance he never makes it on any college campus bc he will be drafted high by MLB. You should know the track record of what takes place when that happens.
vander54
S
There's a better chance he plays college football than gets drafted
World's worst proofreader
Heisenberg01
AG
Chris Marshall was wearing longhorn gloves at his 7 on 7 tournament this weekend. Coach Craig needs to earn his keep this cycle. Losing out on Stewart and Marshall would be 2 BIG misses.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Jebber said:

For all intents and purposes seems like the better QB. LOL

We can agree to disagree. This has been covered numerous times on other threads. How about you go watch some game film of them both in the playoffs this year when the games matter. Watch all of the games, not just a couple of highlights.

And as far as we have our QB commit. Oh you mean we have a player committed that's there's a good chance he never makes it on any college campus bc he will be drafted high by MLB. You should know the track record of what takes place when that happens.

Weigman stated when committing that he really wants to play college football and that it would be very difficult for the MLB to change his mind on that. As of now, all the info indicates that he seems to be a case like Kyler Murray who was both an elite football and baseball prospect, where football is his first love and baseball second.

As long as you don't see the staff starting to recruit any other QB prospect, I wouldn't be that concerned about baseball.
vander54
S
I could be mistaken but I don't think Marshall is as high on the coaches list as Brenen Thompson or Noah Thomas. Not saying we don't want him or won't take him.
Heisenberg01
AG
I don't have stars or anything but that seems counter to the reports from Brauny on the radio. He makes it sound like Marshall is a top priority at WR. Not saying above Thompson, but in that same grouping.
LB12Diamond
AG
Funny, this one has also already been covered on other threads.

Wait, he told college football coaches for the top program in Texas with tons of momentum who offered him after they offered a QB that just won state and looked great doing it that who is in an Aggie family he only wants to play college football!!! No way, shocker!

Dang, I thought he would say if I'm selected high in the baseball draft, it sure will be hard to say no to that money.
vander54
S
He's been saying it for years and before any offers
LB12Diamond
AG
Really, that's not what's he's been telling his Twelve teammates but I guess there's always two sides of every story.

Like another TexAgs poster said. It's all nice to say one thing and then all of a sudden have that money actually be a consideration.

Let's see what he does this summer. Focus on football, 7V7, etc. one would think if what you say is true then he would do just that. If football is truly number one.

If he plays summer baseball instead. Hmm
vander54
S
Funny I've heard he's telling his twelve teammates and coaches he's wanted to play QB in college all his life and that's his first choice.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Jebber said:

Funny, this one has also already been covered on other threads.

Wait, he told college football coaches for the top program in Texas with tons of momentum who offered him after they offered a QB that just won state and looked great doing it that who is in an Aggie family he only wants to play college football!!! No way, shocker!

Dang, I thought he would say if I'm selected high in the baseball draft, it sure will be hard to say no to that money.
I didn't post my comment for you. That post was for other posters who maybe read your posts.
winetime
AG
Jebber said:

Really, that's not what's he's been telling his Twelve teammates but I guess there's always two sides of every story.

Like another TexAgs poster said. It's all nice to say one thing and then all of a sudden have that money actually be a consideration.

Let's see what he does this summer. Focus on football, 7V7, etc. one would think if what you say is true then he would do just that. If football is truly number one.

If he plays summer baseball instead. Hmm
He is a 2 sport athlete, of course he will play summer baseball! I'm sure he will also play 7x7, as he has done every previous summer. Considering he is going to play baseball at A&M also-why would he NOT play summer baseball?
LB12Diamond
AG
Do you have any idea how much time is required for summer league baseball? Especially on the top Twelve team? Pretty much takes up two months of the summer.

Someone doing that especially prior to their senior year. Actions are not backing up that football is number one.

Anyway, let's revisit in the summer of 2022.

And I hope our coaches are keeping in close contact with Klubnik. He looks to be the better QB to me. You like Weigman, that's fine. As noted, we can agree to disagree.
winetime
AG
Jebber said:

Do you have any idea how much time is required for summer league baseball? Especially on the top Twelve team? Pretty much takes up two months of the summer.

Someone doing that especially prior to their senior year. Actions are not backing up that football is number one.

Anyway, let's revisit in the summer of 2022.

And I hope our coaches are keeping in close contact with Klubnik. He looks to be the better QB to me. You like Weigman, that's fine. As noted, we can agree to disagree.
Every summer, he has always been able to play both Twelve baseball and 7x7. Why would this summer be any different?
waltonloads11
AG
Bobby Taylor News:

He will be committing via Instagram Live this Wednesday, 2/24, at 5:00 pm

He also tweeted:

Take it all with a grain of salt, but I will let you guys "dig deep" on these tweets.
LB12Diamond
AG
There was no 7v7 last summer for one. There will be conflicts with the schedule between the two. This summer will be before his senior year. It's nice he's a dual sport start but if you have ever reviewed with one trying to do both at the same time does not max play for either. If football is his primary focus than the decision is actually easy, especially this summer. Only reason he would be playing summer ball is to improve his MLB draft stock.
Heisenberg01
AG
Jebber said:

There was no 7v7 last summer for one. There will be conflicts with the schedule between the two. This summer will be before his senior year. It's nice he's a dual sport start but if you have ever reviewed with one trying to do both at the same time does not max play for either. If football is his primary focus than the decision is actually easy, especially this summer. Only reason he would be playing summer ball is to improve his MLB draft stock.

Yeah playing competitive baseball sure did kill Kyler Murray's football career!
Bill Superman
AG
Crystal balls coming in for coveted WR Chris Marshal, highly coveted by sip and originally thought to be a slam dunk.

And another for #106 overall DT jaray bledsoe. Another 0* recruit found by Jimbo just as the almighty pundits start to discover him.
P.U.T.U
AG
Bill Superman said:

Crystal balls coming in for coveted WR Chris Marshal, highly coveted by sip and originally thought to be a slam dunk.

And another for #106 overall DT jaray bledsoe. Another 0* recruit found by Jimbo just as the almighty pundits start to discover him.
Rivals now has Bledsoe at a 4* with offers from Bama, Florida, and Georgia, ranked 106 overall. That was quick.

AWP 97
AG
I just realized that Terrance Brooks is Chet Brooks' son. Terrance is the DB out of Plano's Pope John Paul II that A&M is recruiting. Hopefully, I don't have to tell anyone who Chet is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.