Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cowhop,Loupots,Dixie Chicken, Dry Bean, Flying Tomato

126,453 Views | 678 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
TexAgs1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Burger, Tom's BBQ, El Norteo, Huberts Cajun Food, Double Dave's, Wings and More,"TC" taco cabana, And Laynes

Chicken, Bullwinkle's, El Tejano, Lulac, Alfred T Hornbacks
gooberhead
AG
Searcy Bond made a helluva burger!
Blanco Ag
AG
The Cowboy.
culdeus
AG
Pretty sure I still have an order of fat burger cheese fries in my colon.
GigEm81
AG
Certainly remember the Cowhop, Farmer's market and Dudley's at Northgate. With that cheap beer at the Chicken, there was also one or more big barrels of saltine crackers, remember anyone?

I was a waiter at 3C Barbecue and Ft. Shiloh.

Definitely could be found at Lakeview on Thursday, or Hall Of Shame Saturday after work, and sometimes the Electric Cowboy. Not to mention those road trips to Gilley's, Moe And Joe's, etc in Houston.

Great memories.
rdah1209
AG
Anyone remember Ralphs pizza on East gate. Had a good friend who worked there and we got a lot of free beer. Pizza was ok because it was the only pizza in town.
Shadow of CuervoAg
Any Former Students from the mid/late-80s remember the Mercury Bar? Is shut down and became the Kinkos on University across from Blocker building.

Also, I miss Los Nortenos in downtown Bryan. Great hangover Tex-Mex.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
Tumble Weed
Northgate cafe. Just wanted to post a place that nobody missed, and had employees with the A, B, C's of hepatitis.

Cheap black and tans. Cheap gyros and twice stuffed potatoes. Surprised that they were not shut down by the health inspector.
ontheway
AG
Uncle Ed's and Uncle Jimmies. Circa early' 50's. Bottle of Lone Star or Pearl was .25c. Get smoothed out for a buck
ontheway
zipp99
AG
Fish Pond
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

Muy
AG
creatinine said:

Hurricane Harry's?

The Kinko's on Northgate

Before it was Kinkos, it was Roccos and every Wednesday they had $5 all-you-can-drink Kamikazis.
atm86
AG
Archies Taco Bell, Interurban, La Taq...
milner79
Dead Solid Perfect.
Positraction
AG
Asked a girl if she wanted to walk from my dorm to Charlie's for an ice cream. Worked out, two of our three daughters were class of '09 and '15. That was good ice cream. Third daughter was black sheep jazz major at UNT...
Liquid Wrench
I've seen lots of yall mention Mom's Restaurant over the years. I got curious and did a newspaper search.

Found this article from the June 28, 1976 Eagle:

So, that's where Mom's was, for those of you trying to remember. And that's what happened to it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.