Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cowhop,Loupots,Dixie Chicken, Dry Bean, Flying Tomato

126,663 Views | 678 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
musicman55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Lakeview Club

Sparky's

Bombay Bicycle Club
Moto Ag
AG
"Mom's" in Bryan.

I'm going leave it at that and see who else might know where I'm talking about. On a tight budget, the Cow Hop and Mom's were at the top of the rotation.
creatinine
didn't the Bombay bicycle club burn down?

it was a converted Denny's on Texas in Front of A&M right?
AGAZ03
AG
New Army probably eats at Chipotle instead of Free Birds also.

I mean when Chipotle came to town I was on the brink of rioting and burning it down.

Good old Freebirds when you need a to take a crap and you can't or you like people with 8 piercings preparing your food then Freebirds is the place for you.

[This message has been edited by AGAZ03 (edited 6/21/2011 8:13p).]
MrPlow2010
AG
Freebirds will always be better that Chipotle... the Chuggers at NY Subs was the best place to start drinking before a night out at northgate... the bars that took that place over suck
Beer Knurd
Thanks guys. I feel old now.
Beer Knurd
quote:
Freebirds will always be better that Chipotle...

If I ever make a list of most over-rated places ever, Freebirds will be near the top of the list.
aircav
AG
Charlies under the Watertower was cool.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
If I ever make a list of most over-rated places ever, Freebirds will be near the top of the list

So true
AgBQ80
AG
SW AG80, it was the "Country Kitchen" out towards Snook, on the right, just past where the entrance to the airport is now. Growing up, I went there often with my folks in the late 60's / 70's.
diablo sandwich
AG
Mr. Bill
iamtheglove
Igloos was the frozen drink drive thru by ihop. Moms in Bryan, good call in a pinch. Good mixed drinks at the isosceles bar in the triangle bowl.
agsteve77
AG
Pepe Taco
weeza
AG
Zephyr Club, Thirsty Turtle
JD05AG
AG
Triangle lounge/triangle bowl. Shady, but fun.
Ron Burgundy
Surprised it took so long to mention Coupe de Ville. Pretty cool place until some ******s bought their just-turned-21 friend a drink there and he died later in the night (and the parents sued even though he drank at every bar on NG).

Coupes didn't even serve the guy- it was against their policy to serve at midnight of turning 21. The guy's friends bought him a drink instead and took it to him. Yes, I'm still bitter.
Psychag
AG
Godfather's Pizza at Culpepper Plaza (Muldoon's there now)

ROXZ in Post Oak Mall - met my wife there

Dallas Night Club at Deaxchene Apts. - 4 for 1s

ROXZ moved to current location of Harry's

Movie theater next to Harry's

ageage79
AG
"Mom's" in Bryan.

Been there - the ultimate family style.

Pepe Taco - the Taco Bell before there was a Taco Bell. Weren't tacos like 29 cents?

Youngbloods - Aggie Special Chicken fried steak.
HtownAg92
AG
Flying Tomato was awesome on Sneaky Pete nights (and they were pretty loose on fake ID's). Anyone see Joe King Carrasco at Sneakers?

Another place that was loose on IDs was the Beef and Brew next to the Double Daves on Jersey (Old Army's George Bush).

May be considered blashphemous, but the Wing Joing blew Wings N More out of the water.

Lot's of great memories brought up here. One that I haven't seen mentioned was MC^2, which turned into Parthenon and then The Tap.

Also, A&M Steakhouse, which was patterned after GM Steakhouse in Austin - all you could eat fries and greasy cheeseburgers. Only there for a while but it was good.

Finally, remember those trash-can punch, every liquor in the cabinet drinks at Sundance? Pile Drivers or something like that?

Beer Knurd
quote:
Finally, remember those trash-can punch, every liquor in the cabinet drinks at Sundance? Pile Drivers or something like that?

Oof. I'm not sure how I could remember anything after having one, but yes, I remember those.
Shumba
AG
Anyone else eat at Thai Taste or Nipa Hot? Those two were my first experiences with Thai food, and they were awesome. What about Koppe Bridge out on Wellborn Road? That place had some great burgers and fries.
BillE1976
AG
Mom's, Pepe taco, Sparky's, I remember them well. Anybody remember the Aggie Den. Where the Dixie Chicken is now. Also Fort Shiloh was originally the old Shiloh Baptist Church. They moved a guy bought it and would rent it out for Dorms and Outfits to have Beer Busts and Party's. It was out in the country back then.
jackrabbit
AG
have these been mentioned yet:

Mama's Pizza
The Red Bandana

Flying Tomato used to fly a hot air balloon near Kyle at games...would love to see the return of hot air balloons, guess that was an 80's thing.
Pierce County Ag
AG
Heresy, you spoiled youngin'!

quote:
Yes. Those words mean to me, "wow college station really effing sucked balls"

--------------------------

Bob's BBQ

Burger Boy (was definitely a Northside staple)

The Sbisa Market

The Globe

[This message has been edited by Pierce County Ag (edited 6/22/2011 3:30p).]
gkaggie08
AG
Stover boys, Pyro, Martini Street, the Library. All gone! Times have changed

TeeBee, what frat do you belong to?
AGinNB
AG
Dead Solid Perfect - hamburger joint
3Cs
Youngbloods

[This message has been edited by AGinSC (edited 6/22/2011 3:54p).]
I_bleed_maroon
AG
Bernie's.
Brock Sampson
AG
What's the Dixie Chicken?
Haricougar
AG
Thirsty turtle, faces, roxz
Ragnar Danneskjold
stover bros at village foods. Burgers are better than they used to be! Best burger IN THE WORLD.
Scotch
AG
The ice cream place that would become Dry Bean was named "Sticky Chins".

What many knew as Stafford Opera House was actually built in the mid-20's apparently as a vaudeville house, either from the beginning or very early was known as the Dixie Theater and opperated into the 60's from what I have been able to gather. The property sat vacant for a number of years before burning in 1983(the front facade basically survived the fire), then rebuilt as "Stafford Opera House"(1991), then became "Dixie Theater" then closed(1998). After a short time as "The Venue" around 2007, has been open as "Stafford-Main Street" for about 3 years.

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 6/22/2011 6:33p).]
DanTanna86
AG
Electric Cowboy next to Skaggs turned into Teazers. And since has been many things. I remember drinking beer at the Quonset Huts.

THE BEST College Football Power Rankings..www.DanTanna.com
TeeBee2011
quote:
TeeBee, what frat do you belong to?

I don't
Rebel-E91
AG
Cargo Bay - the drive through bar on Welborn where CS & Bryan meet. Also sold kegs and Igloos
EllisCoAg
AG
I remember taking the future Mrs. Geno to the Cow Hop and Dudleys about 100 times until she got fed up and took us to Ft. Shiloh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.