2022 Tundra photos leaked

33,025 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Madman said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/the-2022-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-packs-437-hybrid-ponies-and-technical-camo/
did not see any mention of a rear locker. that's disappointing. i'm not sure why Toyota has no problem putting a locker in the Tacoma but not in the Tundra.

It has a rear locker. That was shown in one of the videos I watched yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Watched the video. They mentioned it. Well that's a good change.
Furlock Bones
AG
Watched the video and they did mention that. Glad to hear it.
Furlock Bones
AG
Just watched the video and it does have an electronic locker finally.
YouBet
AG
For those wondering about payload it's 1,940. It's in the articles posted on this thread. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Maybe that is only for TRD PRO trim?
El_duderino
YouBet said:

For those wondering about payload it's 1,940. It's in the articles posted on this thread. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Maybe that is only for TRD PRO trim?

MAX payload is 1,940 which will be on a 2wd stripped down truck. The trd pro payload I believe was 1,490, and the limited crewmax with 6.5' bed was 1,270
Terk
AG
This does make me more excited to find out more about the 2023 4Runner.
Farmer1906
AG
Love that they finally updated everything. I'll probably pick one up in 2-3 years.
AggieFrog
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Love that they finally updated everything. I'll probably pick one up in 2-3 years.

Same. Love my '14 Tundra and can pick up one of these after mine hits 200k miles in the next couple of years.
Farmer1906
AG
AggieFrog said:

Farmer1906 said:

Same. Love my '14 Tundra and can pick up one of these after mine hits 200k miles in the next couple of years.

Pretty much my exact plan. I plan on upgrading from the SR5 to the TRD Pro.
JSKolache
AG
Kudos for finally ditching the cruise control stalk. Buttons on the wheel are better.
Pahdz
AggieFrog said:

Farmer1906 said:

Same, I've got a 2015 with 170k right now. It's paid off and I hope to drive it as long as I can and pocket my auto allowance.
Furlock Bones
AG
El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

MAX payload is 1,940 which will be on a 2wd stripped down truck. The trd pro payload I believe was 1,490, and the limited crewmax with 6.5' bed was 1,270

Ugh. Well I guess The new tundra is off the list. Pathetic payload capacity.
Furlock Bones
AG
F150 payload for a Supercrew for comparison

Furlock Bones
AG
Even the Ram 1500 which rides on a coil sprung rear has payload of a couple of hundred pounds more on all similar trim levels as the Tundra.
longeryak
El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

How the eff do you mess that up when you had ~15 years to plan this generation?
AggieFrog
AG
longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

Not sure it's messed up. What is the target market for the Tundra? It's not a work truck - 1400+ payload is more than enough for the vast majority of the Tundra market. Being capable off-road and a smooth ride are more important than payload.
drumboy
AG
longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

99% of truck owners haul groceries and don't need to haul pallets of feed. I think I use my truck more than most and the most I generally haul is a KTM 150 & XR80, which weigh like 400lbs w/ gear.

I did get a half yard of gravel once which I'm sure was way more than my Tundra is rated to haul.
kyledr04
AG
El_duderino said:

I was expecting numbers to at least match the ecoboost since they hyped it up so much and took so long to bring the change. Regardless, I think it's awesome they offer a 6.5' bed crewmax and hope it's just as reliable as previous Gen tundras.

Yeah the longer bed is a huge win.
Farmer1906
AG
Exactly. My bed get used all the time. I'll almost never get close to that payload.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Farmer1906 said:

My bed get used all the time.

TWSS
YouBet
AG
AggieFrog said:

longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

Not sure it's messed up. What is the target market for the Tundra? It's not a work truck - 1400+ payload is more than enough for the vast majority of the Tundra market. Being capable off-road and a smooth ride are more important than payload.
I've only owned an El Camino so I'm not sure why I'm even commenting on this thread, but I was going to say this. 99.9% of people will never come close to the Tundra's payload max nor would Ford, Chevy, or Ram drivers.
evan_aggie
AG
I've used my Tacoma maybe 7-8 times for hauling landscape material and fence materials.

Twice I hauled a half-yard of river rock, and finally realized what it was like to steer with so much weight in the bed: the front wheels wanted to wander left and right. The steering wheel needed exaggerated movements vs normal conditions. I think I had put 1500-1700 lbs in the truck that was rated for 1250?

I wish in those instances it would have been more capable. But that's the only time.
JSKolache
AG
Payload equal / slightly better than Raptor, FYI. If you need to haul 2k lbs of ish, then buy a 1 ton truck or rent a trailer.
Furlock Bones
AG
JSKolache said:

Payload equal / slightly better than Raptor, FYI. If you need to haul 2k lbs of ish, then buy a 1 ton truck or rent a trailer.

The Raptor is a special purpose vehicle. The TRD Pro isn't even in the same stratosphere.
Furlock Bones
AG
YouBet said:

AggieFrog said:

longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

I've only owned an El Camino so I'm not sure why I'm even commenting on this thread, but I was going to say this. 99.9% of people will never come close to the Tundra's payload max nor would Ford, Chevy, or Ram drivers.
if 99.9% of people in this thread won't come close that payload, then they could/should be driving midsize trucks.

Farmer1906
AG
Furlock Bones said:

YouBet said:

AggieFrog said:

longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

if 99.9% of people in this thread won't come close that payload, then they could/should be driving midsize trucks.

Why?
azul_rain
Will the tacomas see something similar in the next coming years ?
JSKolache
AG
Furlock Bones said:

JSKolache said:

The Raptor is a special purpose vehicle. The TRD Pro isn't even in the same stratosphere.
They are basically identical. Both are heavy twin turbo V6 IFS crewcabs whose primary purpose is to haul dad to work Mon-Fri and kids to soccer pratice on Saturday mornings. Change my mind.
azul_rain
Agreed, most tundras are pavement princesses but that can be said about 95% of the market. That being said I use my bed on my tacoma regularly for hauling junk, furniture, brush Etc…
JSKolache
AG
Pahdz said:

Tow Haul Mode - yay

Still no "set it and forget it" AWD - nay (would be nice here in the frozen tundra of MN...no pun intended)
Sequoia has this, if you have any interest in SUV form factor
HvilleAggie
AG
Dat 1794 interior doe....
EMY92
AG
JSKolache said:

The 3rd generation Raptor has a slightly higher payload capacity than the TRD Pro. Raptor comes in at 1400 officially. In reality, a fully loaded Raptor will be a little over 1300.
Furlock Bones
AG
JSKolache said:

Furlock Bones said:

JSKolache said:

They are basically identical. Both are heavy twin turbo V6 IFS crewcabs whose primary purpose is to haul dad to work Mon-Fri and kids to soccer pratice on Saturday mornings. Change my mind.

LMAO

A Raptor and a Ted pro are no where near identical. Watch some videos on the raptor runs in Baja. No TRD pro is going to handle that without heavy modifications.

Just because most people use them the same way does not make them the same.
Drip99
AG
Furlock Bones said:

YouBet said:

AggieFrog said:

longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

YouBet said:

You put a 12 and 15 year old in the back seat of a taco and drive to Colorado/Florida etc. with gear and see how it works out for you….

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.